inap
inap
  • Threads: 12
March 3rd, 2010 at 8:32:24 PM permalink
hi wizard. i just got back from vegas and was lucky enough to hit a sequential royal! i told ms nap that you sometimes get paid extra for a sequential. as it happens we were just a few feet from a bank of proressive sequential royal machines so i showed her what it could pay. it happened to be over 14 thousand! rats! don't get me wrong, a royal still makes me happy, but a sequential sure looks purdy. anyway, it made me wonder what the odds are of hitting a sequential?
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard 
  • Threads: 1493
March 3rd, 2010 at 9:41:10 PM permalink
For a sequential royal game, about 1 in 4 million. For a regular game, about 1 in 4.8 million. See my page on sequential royals for more information.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
inap
inap
  • Threads: 12
March 4th, 2010 at 1:04:31 AM permalink
thanks for the info wizard.

we also went to the peppermill on this visit and like you said, the porptions are huge! we also tried the ellis island steak special, the ham and eggs and steak and eggs special at bills, and the planet hollywood spice market buffet. we stayed at venetian for the first time, went to lee canyon ski resort for the first time, and visited the city center. maybe i'll write my comments in another post. oh, and i found that deuces wild game that was a topic of an earlier post at fitzgeralds.

all of this is on top of the places we usually visit including a couple we haven't been to in a couple of years, like the rio buffet and the indoor swap meet. we also went to the outdoor swap meet but that was kind of a waste of time.

anyway thanks again for the info wizard.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
October 11th, 2016 at 7:22:44 PM permalink
I noticed a sequential royal game today on a game king, but it didn't define what a sequential royal was in the help screen. Is that normal? I was hoping to get AKQJT or JQKAT or KQJTA and argue they're sequential, but it didn't happen.
I am a robot.
mrsuit31
mrsuit31
  • Threads: 82
October 11th, 2016 at 7:36:42 PM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

I noticed a sequential royal game today on a game king, but it didn't define what a sequential royal was in the help screen. Is that normal? I was hoping to get AKQJT or JQKAT or KQJTA and argue they're sequential, but it didn't happen.

That would have been an entertaining argument to see live...
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
October 11th, 2016 at 7:59:32 PM permalink
Quote: mrsuit31

That would have been an entertaining argument to see live...

Me too and I'd be guaranteed $1000.

se·quen·tial/səˈkwen(t)SHəl/

adjective
forming or following in a logical order or sequence.

I would have thought somewhere it would have specifically stated 10, J, Q, K, A, but the machine didn't. This might be common sense based on experience, but without said experience, it's tough even assuming 10-A.
I am a robot.
Joeshlabotnik
Joeshlabotnik
  • Threads: 20
October 11th, 2016 at 8:06:55 PM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

I would have thought somewhere it would have specifically stated 10, J, Q, K, A, but the machine didn't. This might be common sense based on experience, but without said experience, it's tough even assuming 10-A.

Everywhere I've seen it, a sequential royal is defined as only 10-A. If it could go both ways, it's called a bisexual royal. No, actually, it's called a "reversible" royal.

That wasn't always the case. I remember oh, so long ago, when the Horseshoe offered $25,000 for any sequential royal--either way. And they had 15/10 Loose Deuces in quarters!
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
October 11th, 2016 at 10:39:35 PM permalink
Interesting. I'd suspect even if you got JQKAT or whatever, you have extremely low odds of getting paid the $50k or whatever it is.

Does a hand have to be defined on the machine? (Of course not.) There's no definition for a straight or a flush or whatever on the machine / pays help screen. If we say those hands are already defined by common knowledge or some such thing, I suppose the same thing could be said about a sequential royal.
  • Jump to: