21 votes (80.76%)
1 vote (3.84%)

26 members have voted

pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
February 13th, 2013 at 4:39:52 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

You know what? Thats the second or third time you've insulted the US on purpose. I don't think you are in EU where's its 6am, I think you're a troll who's been here before.

Fuengirola is in the Costa del Sol in Spain, but there are large numbers of Brits that vacation there. It is possible he is from northern England or Scotland. He does mention joining the EU which doesn't rule out Finland or Sweden. The Finnish can be cantankerous and they do like to push the buttons on Americans.
Estonia only joined the EU 9 years ago, but as far as I know they don't regularly go to Spain for vacation.

Everyone complains. Certainly the Scandinavians complain about their "nanny state", the high price of everything that is remotely above basic necessities. They often wish they had access to cheap foreign goods like Germans and Americans. They complain about immigration as well.
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
February 13th, 2013 at 4:57:04 PM permalink
Quote: pacomartin

Fuengirola is in the Costa del Sol in Spain, but there are large numbers of Brits that vacation there.

Which is where it suddenly rung a bell. I have had cause to look up an address in Fuengirola.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
February 14th, 2013 at 12:42:08 PM permalink
Quote: pacomartin

Keep in mind that this is a measure of "overweight" people, not "pounds per capita". It's a wealthy country and everyone has enough to eat. They can hardly grow their own food in the desert, so most food is packaged and imported. They could have a high percentage of people who are 10 pounds overweight, but morbid obesity might be fairly rare.

You are considered overweight if (5'7" and 160 lbs) or (6'0" and 185 lbs).

If they did the same ranking for obesity (5'7" and 192 lbs) or (6'0" and 222 lbs) then I think the USA might be on top.

IMO these numbers are nearly useless when applied to everyone the same way. For example, applied to me :)

I'm 6'0" and currently weigh 227.6 (just checked this morning). According to the feds, that makes me obese (rounding up to 228 yields a BMI of 31). Sure, I'm overweight, and sure I don't really know what "obese" means in a medical sense...to me I think of people who ride a motorized cart to go grocery shopping and have to be cut out of their homes...but anyway, whatever.

What's more troubling to me is the range of "healthy" BMIs. I have to get down to 185 to be considered "not overweight." Fuck that! At my healthiest, literally when I was in the best shape of my life (senior year of HS football), I weighed 190. I'm just built a little bit thicker than the average guy. I am trying to lose weight and honestly am setting my "healthy weight" target at 200 for me personally. If I get under that, I'll be happy. And if I start lifting weights regularly, I'd be happy with 205 or 210 considering the additional muscle.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
February 14th, 2013 at 2:07:24 PM permalink
Obesity is an excess proportion of total body fat. A person is considered obese when his or her weight is 20% or more above normal weight. The most common measure of obesity is the body mass index or BMI. A person is considered overweight if his or her BMI is between 25 and 29.9; a person is considered obese if his or her BMI is over 30.

Your reference to those people ride motorized carts is too often just an excuse to justify one's weight. Gee, look at that fat guy. I am surely not that fat.

Good luck at reaching 200.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
February 15th, 2013 at 11:48:39 AM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

Obesity is an excess proportion of total body fat. A person is considered obese when his or her weight is 20% or more above normal weight. The most common measure of obesity is the body mass index or BMI. A person is considered overweight if his or her BMI is between 25 and 29.9; a person is considered obese if his or her BMI is over 30.

Your reference to those people ride motorized carts is too often just an excuse to justify one's weight. Gee, look at that fat guy. I am surely not that fat.

Good luck at reaching 200.

The bold sentence is definitely true. With everyone getting fatter around us, it's easy to fall in to "eh, sure I have a few extra pounds, but at least I can walk around the grocery store!" This is a slippery slope.

Thank you for the well-wishes. Yesterday and today I walked up 21 flights of stairs to the cube farm, instead of taking the elevator, and no free candy from the lunch room (WHY MUST THEY TORTURE ME LIKE THIS) this week. At 28 1/2 years old, I want to be playing Ultimate into my 40s; my knees will give out before then if I don't maintain a more healthy weight! That is my main motivation right now.
mdh
mdh
  • Threads: 0
February 15th, 2013 at 11:55:31 AM permalink
I have heard somewhere that for every lb. you lose it will take 4 lbs. of pressure off your knees. Anyone else ever heard of this? Or is there any truth to this?
Fuengirola2
Fuengirola2
  • Threads: 10
February 15th, 2013 at 7:39:12 PM permalink
Quote: mdh

I have heard somewhere that for every lb. you lose it will take 4 lbs. of pressure off your knees. Anyone else ever heard of this? Or is there any truth to this?

Not true. And I'm finnish, as I have told in another thread. I invented the 'cano thing myself, because it sounds way too cool not to be used!
mdh
mdh
  • Threads: 0
February 15th, 2013 at 8:27:18 PM permalink
What?
Fuengirola2
Fuengirola2
  • Threads: 10
February 15th, 2013 at 8:34:04 PM permalink
Quote: mdh

What?

1lbs != 4lbs
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
March 8th, 2013 at 11:27:58 AM permalink
HAG is classy. Lard fries, huge burgers with no regard to having any resemblance of health except for the onions, and Luck Strike unfiltered cigs.

I am down for a food challenge if anyone is though. As long as I don't have to work out afterwards.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
PhattyD
PhattyD
  • Threads: 3
January 14th, 2014 at 8:35:31 AM permalink
Last April I was in Vegas for a Bachelor party. The groom and his brother are bigger guys and wanted to check out Heart Attack Grill. They have a promo that if you weigh 350+lbs. you eat for free. They also have a huge scale out front and a digital display to show your weight. My friend gets on and it hits 330. Close, but no cigar. Then his brother wants a turn. They are tall/big dudes and I think the brother might get a free meal. He steps up and....436!! I did not mean to be rude, but I did a Crown/coke spit take. People walking by stopped and pointed. The brother was not ashamed, rather proud to be standing in front of the HAG in all his huge glory, posing for pictures. The free meal, however, was only for a basic cheese burger. Lame.

The groom ended up ordering the "quadruple bypass" burger. (Google it) Of all the things six young men do in Vegas, I actually told him I don't agree with this choice! It was some 10,000 calories! All six of us could have eaten for the DAY on that many calories. He had no problems finishing it and even got to spank the hot waitress with a paddle!
Every man dies. Not every man really lives.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
January 14th, 2014 at 9:53:07 AM permalink
Quote: AcesAndEights

IMO these numbers are nearly useless when applied to everyone the same way. For example, applied to me :)

I'm 6'0" and currently weigh 227.6 (just checked this morning). According to the feds, that makes me obese (rounding up to 228 yields a BMI of 31). Sure, I'm overweight, and sure I don't really know what "obese" means in a medical sense....

Ha! I'm the same height as you and round about 215 (just checked). I've got pics on here and DT in all manners of dress, and some in no dress at all. I challenge even the most tenacious of arguers to convince anyone that I was anywhere near obese, or even "overweight".

Ditch those stupid charts. Just because they're in the "Cosmo" in the waiting room doesn't mean they're a medical publication ;)

Quote: AcesAndEights, WoV, Feb 2013

Yesterday and today I walked up 21 flights of stairs to the cube farm, instead of taking the elevator, and no free candy from the lunch room (WHY MUST THEY TORTURE ME LIKE THIS) this week. At 28 1/2 years old, I want to be playing Ultimate into my 40s; my knees will give out before then if I don't maintain a more healthy weight! That is my main motivation right now.

Quote: AcesAndEights, DT, April 2013

I tore my ACL skiing a couple of weeks ago.

Speak of the Devil and he doth appear.

Keep that mouth shut, bud! =)
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
January 14th, 2014 at 10:03:30 AM permalink
I see someone checked other. Was it possibly Mission choosing McNuggets ? ? ?
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
January 14th, 2014 at 1:15:04 PM permalink
Quote: Face

Quote: AcesAndEights, WoV, Feb 2013

Yesterday and today I walked up 21 flights of stairs to the cube farm, instead of taking the elevator, and no free candy from the lunch room (WHY MUST THEY TORTURE ME LIKE THIS) this week. At 28 1/2 years old, I want to be playing Ultimate into my 40s; my knees will give out before then if I don't maintain a more healthy weight! That is my main motivation right now.

Quote: AcesAndEights, DT, April 2013

I tore my ACL skiing a couple of weeks ago.

Speak of the Devil and he doth appear.

Keep that mouth shut, bud! =)

God damn it...
  • Jump to: