CS94
CS94
  • Threads: 1
January 22nd, 2012 at 1:31:37 PM permalink
Long time reader first time posting. I will be staying at the J. W. Marriott over Presidents Day weekend with a youth sports team and am looking for some restaurant recommendations from members. We will be a group of about 18 17 year old boys and 7 adults. Pasta and chicken are the prefered dishes of the coach. Buca di Beppo, gets old after a while, so I am looking for some local restaurants.
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
January 22nd, 2012 at 3:13:43 PM permalink
Spiedini, the Italian restaurant at the J.W., is very good. But it is expensive. Perhaps you can talk with the host at the hotel who set up your block of rooms and work out a meal arrangement as well.

Oh yeah, the Rampart Buffet is also better-than-average, and should satisfy everyone in your party.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
January 22nd, 2012 at 3:42:09 PM permalink
That is about two miles from where I live. Your best odds are at Boca Park, which is just south on Rampart Blvd. My two favorites there are Grimaldi's and the Kona Grill. If you have a huge appetite, go south a little further south to the Claim Jumper. There are some decent places at the Red Rock, my favorite of which is the Yard House.

For such a nice place, the eating options at the Rampart/Marriott are pretty weak. Somebody mentioned the Italian restaurant, which I can't speak to.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
January 22nd, 2012 at 8:31:39 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

That is about two miles from where I live. Your best odds are at Boca Park, which is just south on Rampart Blvd. My two favorites there are Grimaldi's and the Kona Grill. If you have a huge appetite, go south a little further south to the Claim Jumper.

Via Brazil happy hour should serve minors on the patio.
Gordon Biersch Boca Park just down from Kona Grill.
PF Chang's across the street from Claim Jumper.
CS94
CS94
January 29th, 2012 at 2:45:40 PM permalink
Thank you, Wiz and Paco, these restaurants should work well for the team and parents. I am a big fan of Diners, Drive-inns and Dives. Is it worth going to Four Kegs? It is only a couple of miles from our hotel and even closer to the fields.
pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
January 29th, 2012 at 4:06:40 PM permalink
Quote: CS94

Thank you, Wiz and Paco, these restaurants should work well for the team and parents. I am a big fan of Diners, Drive-inns and Dives. Is it worth going to Four Kegs? It is only a couple of miles from our hotel and even closer to the fields.

Can't say I've ever been to Four Kegs. It looks pretty ordinary to me.
QuadDeuces
QuadDeuces
  • Threads: 25
May 4th, 2012 at 10:04:00 PM permalink
I saw Four Kegs on DD&D too. The pizza is pretty damn good, but it's certainly a dive.

I wouldn't call Jones @ 95 Summerlin though.

I've never tried Kona Grill. But the patio is always packed when the weather's nice in the evenings. Always wondered what the draw is.
CS94
CS94
June 30th, 2012 at 4:51:23 AM permalink
Thank you Wizard and Paco for your recommendations. Grimaldi's was excellent, and the parents had a great time at Via Brazil. I am sorry I took so long to thank you, as I have not been on the board in a while.
CS94
CS94
June 30th, 2012 at 4:54:53 AM permalink
Quote: QuadDeuces

I saw Four Kegs on DD&D too. The pizza is pretty damn good, but it's certainly a dive.

I wouldn't call Jones @ 95 Summerlin though.

I've never tried Kona Grill. But the patio is always packed when the weather's nice in the evenings. Always wondered what the draw is.

The Four Kegs is near the field my son was playing, I would not consider it Summerlin. I have rarely been disapointed by any of the resurants I have found from DD&D.
  • Jump to: