3 votes (12%)
6 votes (24%)
16 votes (64%)

25 members have voted

miles
miles
  • Threads: 4
July 29th, 2011 at 8:46:18 PM permalink
I'm going to use my free room offer at one of these three hotels. Please help me choose. I am only concerned with room quality.
Tiltpoul
Tiltpoul
  • Threads: 32
July 29th, 2011 at 9:01:22 PM permalink
I wish you had an "Other". I'd check and see if you could get Paris free for the same time frame. It's a much nicer quality room. I've stayed at Flamingo, and unless you get a "Go" room, they are terrible. Bally's is okay, but again, Paris is THAT much nicer.
"One out of every four people are [morons]"- Kyle, South Park
miles
miles
July 29th, 2011 at 9:12:00 PM permalink
Thanks, I wish I could get Paris free, but I am a low roller and Paris would cost me $87 a night with this coupon. My only other free options are Rio and Imperial Palace, but I want to stay on the strip, so Rio's out.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
July 29th, 2011 at 11:47:04 PM permalink
Even if you have a GO room at the Flamingo, its still a physically dirty place with a high number of skanky hookers.
From your list? Ballys.
Rio is not that far from the strip.
zippyboy
zippyboy
  • Threads: 2
July 29th, 2011 at 11:49:45 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

Even if you have a GO room at the Flamingo, its still a physically dirty place with a high number of skanky hookers.
From your list? Ballys.
Rio is not that far from the strip.

And there are regular shuttles from Rio to Ballys and Harrahs. And there are lotsa non-skanky hookers across Flamingo at the Palms.
"Poker sure is an easy game to beat if you have the roll to keep rebuying."
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
July 30th, 2011 at 6:20:08 AM permalink
The last time that I saw the inside of a room at Bally's, it had some broken furniture hinges and burns in the rug and the hallway smelled like they were still trying to get rid of the smoke from the MGM fire.

I'd do Flamingo. They recently went through a renovation and the last few times i've stayed there, it's been nice. Harrah's is nicer than Bally's.
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
PapaChubby
PapaChubby
  • Threads: 11
July 30th, 2011 at 7:48:21 AM permalink
I would definitely pick Rio. The shuttles to the strip are very convenient, and the walk to Caesar's using Twain really isn't that bad. The rooms are quite large. The restaurants are pretty good and reasonably priced. The cocktail waitresses are hot and don't wear very many clothes.

That being said, I often recommend Bally's to people based on its affordability and convenient location. But there's no reason to be there unless you're in your room sleeping.
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
July 31st, 2011 at 1:33:30 PM permalink
Ballys with the $20 trick should work out really nicely for you. I like that it's connected to the Paris.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
July 31st, 2011 at 1:36:38 PM permalink
Sorry, the $20 trick will get you from a crappy room to a nice suite overlooking the strip. I suggest using the $20 trick to upgrade your room at all three properties.

The trick: Wedge $20 between your credit card and ID. Ask the clerk if any upgrades are available. See what happens. Probably the best use of $20 if room quality is your only criteria. Since you're staying for free, $40 might need to be used. If they don't upgrade you, they generally know to return the trick. I'm 3-4 when using this trick (it didn't work at the bellagio).
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
July 31st, 2011 at 1:49:42 PM permalink
I guess that its obviously Ballys if you stick strictly to the three options you gave us.
Rio is strongly advised if you can do a bit of shuttle use and being slightly off the strip.

Upgrades? Yeah, everyone says try the twenty dollars but I don't like that stuff and so try to avoid doing it since I think all they do is give you the room you were already going to get anyway.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 121
July 31st, 2011 at 1:53:23 PM permalink
I get the same offer. I have stayed at all of the 3 you list plus the Rio. I now will always stay at the Rio. The rooms are always big and nice, the waitresses (bevertainers) are of primo quality, the pool is very nice. If you don't have a car the shuttle service is fine. If you must stay on the strip, I liked the Flamingo room slightly more than Bally's or Harrah's. I think i was in one of those "Go" rooms.
Toes14
Toes14
  • Threads: 18
July 31st, 2011 at 5:53:10 PM permalink
I've never stayed at Bally's or Flamingo, so I can't compare them. I stayed at Harrah's a couple years ago and it was a decent room, nice but not spectacular. Probably the same as a Hampton Inn or a Courtyard by Marriott.
"Bite my Glorious Golden Ass!" - Bender Bending Rodriguez
Tiltpoul
Tiltpoul
  • Threads: 32
July 31st, 2011 at 9:26:30 PM permalink
Did you go online and check any "additional" offers you may have? My TR often has unpublished offers that will get you deals into nicer hotels. Also, sign up for the email alerts. I got an Augustus Tower room for free on a Saturday night with one of those offers.
"One out of every four people are [morons]"- Kyle, South Park
miles
miles
July 31st, 2011 at 10:10:28 PM permalink
Thanks for all the advice. These three are my only choices for one reason or another, looks like Bally's is the favorite. I will try the $20 bill trick, see what happens.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
August 1st, 2011 at 3:18:29 AM permalink
I chose Flamingo. Rooms are a little dated but check-in has been good the two times I stayed there. Location is hard to beat. And what other hotel has a monument to a made man right on the sight?
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
hook3670
hook3670
  • Threads: 38
August 5th, 2011 at 1:06:59 PM permalink
I have stayed at Harrah's many times and they are decent , clean if unspectacular rooms. The location is excellent. its right at the heart of the strip and there is a shuttle to Rio for free and the monorail is right there also.
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
August 5th, 2011 at 1:21:47 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

And what other hotel has a monument to a made man right on the sight?

-- The Las Vegas Hilton, and the Aria both have statues of Elvis.

-- Whiskey Pete's in Primm has Dutch Schultz's bullet riddled, "bulletproof" car.

-- There is a whole "Mob Experience" at the Tropicana

-- There's probably some actual made men in the cement under the El Cortez...

-- "Hizzoner" Oscar Goodman is opening a restaurant at the refurbished Plaza.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
August 5th, 2011 at 1:31:29 PM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

-- The Las Vegas Hilton, and the Aria both have statues of Elvis.

-- Whiskey Pete's in Primm has Dutch Schultz's bullet riddled, "bulletproof" car.

-- There is a whole "Mob Experience" at the Tropicana

-- There's probably some actual made men in the cement under the El Cortez...

-- "Hizzoner" Oscar Goodman is opening a restaurant at the refurbished Plaza.

Don't forget the equestrian statue of Benny Binion at South Point.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
  • Jump to: