ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 111
July 18th, 2023 at 3:22:58 PM permalink
Airline passengers pass out awaiting takeoff in triple-digit temps in Las Vegas
Travis Gettys
July 18, 2023, 2:24 PM ET
Multiple passengers became ill in triple-digit heat while waiting four hours to depart from an airport in Las Vegas.
Passengers on board a Delta Air Lines flight to Atlanta on Monday passed out or soiled themselves on the hot plane, as babies screamed and flight attendants ran through the aisles with oxygen tanks, reported Fox Business.

"We apologize for the experience our customers had on flight 555 from Las Vegas to Atlanta on July 17, which ultimately resulted in a flight cancellation," the airline said in a statement. "Delta teams are looking into the circumstances that led to uncomfortable temperatures inside the cabin and we appreciate the efforts of our people and first responders at Harry Reid International."

At least five people were taken off the plane on stretchers after the pilot returned to the gate due to multiple emergencies on board, according to a Fox News field producer who was on board.

One flight attendant was among those carted off the flight with an oxygen mask on, according to the field producer.

Passengers were given a choice to exit the plane, but they were told it might take days for another flight to Atlanta, and many chose to remain on board.

However, the flight was rescheduled for Tuesday morning, but passengers awoke to learn that flight had been canceled.

Temperatures reached 115 degrees Monday afternoon in Las Vegas.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 111
July 18th, 2023 at 3:28:01 PM permalink
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
July 18th, 2023 at 4:27:47 PM permalink
Build domes.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
July 18th, 2023 at 5:03:43 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Build domes.
link to original post

There were no Native Americans that lived right around San Francisco for ages because they knew the ground shook there and it's a waste of time to live there. Don't live in a place where it gets really really hot if you don't have to, I don't live in Las Vegas because of that reason. And it's a craphole of a city, but that's another story.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
tuttigym
tuttigym 
  • Threads: 10
July 19th, 2023 at 8:09:27 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Build domes.
link to original post

There were no Native Americans that lived right around San Francisco for ages because they knew the ground shook there and it's a waste of time to live there. Don't live in a place where it gets really really hot if you don't have to, I don't live in Las Vegas because of that reason. And it's a craphole of a city, but that's another story.
link to original post

SO WHAT!!!

tuttigym
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
July 19th, 2023 at 11:35:27 AM permalink
Quote: tuttigym

Build domes.
link to original post

link to original post

SO WHAT!!!

tuttigym
link to original post

I don't understand your statement, it's rather ambiguous. If you don't like it being so hot where you live, live somewhere else. Was that hard to understand? Every single time I've gone to Las Vegas since the mid 1970s I think a dozen times while I'm there, how do people actually live here. It's hot, it's ugly, full of crime, and depressing. Yet a couple million people live there on purpose. Amazing.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
TheCapitalShip
TheCapitalShip
  • Threads: 7
July 19th, 2023 at 11:45:06 AM permalink

Quote: tuttigym

Build domes.
link to original post

link to original post

SO WHAT!!!

tuttigym
link to original post

I don't understand your statement, it's rather ambiguous. If you don't like it being so hot where you live, live somewhere else. Was that hard to understand? Every single time I've gone to Las Vegas since the mid 1970s I think a dozen times while I'm there, how do people actually live here. It's hot, it's ugly, full of crime, and depressing. Yet a couple million people live there on purpose. Amazing.
link to original post

Some people just like the environment.

It gets easily to 110+ in the summer time here, and I don't mind it at all, I couldn't live up north in Michigan, gets way to cold in the winter and I'd rather deal with scorching heat than the biting cold.

Everything else you listed could be said about....every big city lol, but hey, some people enjoy it I guess. There's something for everyone.
NicksGamingStuff
NicksGamingStuff
  • Threads: 50
Thanked by
ChumpChange
July 19th, 2023 at 4:54:55 PM permalink
I just got back from vacation and yeah, it seems like the planes don't like to turn on the a/c until they are in the air. Summer in Vegas is a miserable time to fly. Last leg of our trip was DEN to LAS and it was in the 90s in Denver. Would be interesting to know why the plane was on the tarmac for so long. In theory I imagine I would have called 911 to report the conditions/ passengers passing out and just give up, open the door and deploy the slide. Would argue a medical emergency on the plane.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
July 19th, 2023 at 5:57:51 PM permalink
Quote: NicksGamingStuff

I just got back from vacation and yeah, it seems like the planes don't like to turn on the a/c until they are in the air. Summer in Vegas is a miserable time to fly. Last leg of our trip was DEN to LAS and it was in the 90s in Denver. Would be interesting to know why the plane was on the tarmac for so long. In theory I imagine I would have called 911 to report the conditions/ passengers passing out and just give up, open the door and deploy the slide. Would argue a medical emergency on the plane.
link to original post

Commercial planes will have temperature limits for takeoffs depending on their weight. They might have been waiting for the temperature to drop a degree or two before they could take off.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
  • Jump to: