inap
inap
  • Threads: 12
December 4th, 2010 at 11:43:30 PM permalink
the body found recently at Silverton made me wonder how many bodies might be in the desert around vegas. 1-25, 25-50, 50-100, more than a 100? maybe some of the members of this forum might have a more educated guess. talking about bodies of violent, untimely deaths of the last 50 years or so.

Paigowdan
Paigowdan
  • Threads: 115
December 4th, 2010 at 11:48:57 PM permalink
You know,
That's an interesting - and slightly strange - question. We don't really know, we don't want to know, and it would be very hard to know without dredging sand.

I think New York has more bodies with cement shoes in the East River.....
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau. Like Dealers' uniforms - Dan.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 209
December 5th, 2010 at 12:13:50 AM permalink
The desert is a natural place to go dump a body, I guess. But as far as secrets in the desert, I'd be more interested in who might have buried money out there and for whatever reason left it there. Got to be something hidden out there still.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
inap
inap
  • Threads: 12
December 5th, 2010 at 12:38:22 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

The desert is a natural place to go dump a body, I guess. But as far as secrets in the desert, I'd be more interested in who might have buried money out there and for whatever reason left it there. Got to be something hidden out there still.

exactly! that's why i titled this thread 'secrets in the desert'. the desert is so convenient and probably the best natural hiding place on earth. imagine the secrets that must be whispering through the desert wind.

ahiromu
ahiromu
  • Threads: 112
December 5th, 2010 at 12:41:00 AM permalink
I would guess thousands if not tens of thousands.
Its - Possessive; It's - "It is" / "It has"; There - Location; Their - Possessive; They're - "They are"
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
December 5th, 2010 at 8:02:50 AM permalink
Quote: inap

the body found recently at Silverton made me wonder how many bodies might be in the desert around vegas. 1-25, 25-50, 50-100, more than a 100? maybe some of the members of this forum might have a more educated guess. talking about bodies of violent, untimely deaths of the last 50 years or so.

"A lot of holes in the desert. And a lot of problems are burried in those holes. Except you have to do it right-you have to have the hole already dug when you show up with a package. Otherwise you are talking half an hour or 45 minutes of digging. And who knows who shows up in that time. So then you have to dig more holes. You could be there all ****ing night!"

Well, a guess would be look at how many missing person reports were never solved in Clark County and add to that any presumed homicides where a body was never found. That would be some kind of a start.

Vegas was supposedly an exception to how the Chicago Outfit worked. In New York and their territories (basicallyh east of but not including Pittsburgh) the philosiphy was to have the person dissapear quietly and hide the body. That way insiders knew what happened but it never mnade the news. Chicago OTOH would rather put the guy in the trunk of his car for the cops to find. They wanted the world to know the mob rubbed the guy out.

But in Vegas public violence was forbidded lest the tourists change their minds from mob connected joints being "cool" to "dangerous."
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
jpprovance
jpprovance
  • Threads: 22
December 5th, 2010 at 10:45:04 AM permalink
"there's a lot of holes in the desert, there's a lot of bodies in those holes."
JerryLogan
JerryLogan
  • Threads: 26
December 5th, 2010 at 11:18:33 AM permalink
Come on people. There's a better chance of having diapers buried in the desert than bodies or money.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 209
December 5th, 2010 at 2:50:39 PM permalink
Quote: JerryLogan

Come on people. There's a better chance of having diapers buried in the desert than bodies or money.

Well, I'm not going to question your motives, so go for it then! I expect no one's holding you back.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
December 8th, 2010 at 5:39:15 PM permalink
Ted Binion buried 100,000 silver dollars in a, "vault' under the sand outside of Pahrump, (along with bars of silver and other valuables). One of the people who was implicated in his murder, was caught digging it up after Binion suspicious O.D. in the late 90's. Here is a picture of part of the hoard from the LVRJ website:

The coins were later graded and auctioned off, some of the 100 year old silver dollars going for $10k each. See more info here
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
  • Jump to: