Baccaratfrom79
Baccaratfrom79
  • Threads: 58
January 18th, 2015 at 10:12:04 AM permalink
I have two questions to finish planning out our Asian New Year February trip.

1) Has anyone seen 'Tony & Tina's Wedding'? Comments, is it a good show for late 30's to 50's crowd. We are Italian and Asian. Seen many shows during the past 5 years in Vegas, tired of all the Cirque style show. We are comp'd for this by our host so no need to worry about the price, just wondering if it is the gut buster they claim it to be. I think its been in Vegas a while, which is the sign of it possibly being good? And;

2) Anyone found a real New York/New Jersey style bakery around mid-strip?

Putting together a pre-trip today. Being absent from a Vegas trip all of 2014, we are getting back into the swing of things. Will post soon. Possibly we can do a live TR with pictures if anyone can explain how to post them.
Bac79=Hazardous Material and Chemical person correcting other's mistakes. Non AP'er, I can't count cards, low intelligence. Sprinkles magical dust on the cards. Has a lucky monkey. Baby also has a green one. Sum it up: "It's okay just blame me, it's all my fault"! ( No one believes me--so I chose to stop posting)
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
January 20th, 2015 at 12:27:59 AM permalink
Quote: Baccaratfrom79

I have two questions to finish planning out our Asian New Year February trip.

1) Has anyone seen 'Tony & Tina's Wedding'? Comments, is it a good show for late 30's to 50's crowd. We are Italian and Asian. Seen many shows during the past 5 years in Vegas, tired of all the Cirque style show. We are comp'd for this by our host so no need to worry about the price, just wondering if it is the gut buster they claim it to be. I think its been in Vegas a while, which is the sign of it possibly being good? And;

2) Anyone found a real New York/New Jersey style bakery around mid-strip?

Putting together a pre-trip today. Being absent from a Vegas trip all of 2014, we are getting back into the swing of things. Will post soon. Possibly we can do a live TR with pictures if anyone can explain how to post them.

IMO you should check out the Italian bakery in the Fulton Street food court at Harrah's, which is mid-strip. I was very impressed with the quality, the variety, and the portion size. Really tasty. NY/NJ bakery, I'm not so sure. However, I had a great NY deli meal at a hole-in-the-wall on Sunset, about 3 miles off-strip, though I wasn't driving so I can't give directions. If you're willing to go off-strip, let me know and I'll try to get my lunch partner to give directions.

There's also a huge Carnegie deli in the Mirage, also mid-strip. It may well be very like an authentic NY deli. Portions beyond huge, don't know if they bake their own. 24 hours.

Tony and Tina's Wedding, I saw almost 20 years ago. It may well have changed. It was funny, but I think the main appeal is couples going back for anniversaries and such. I would say it's an enjoyable evening, not top entertainment. An ok family show, unlike some others.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Baccaratfrom79
Baccaratfrom79
January 21st, 2015 at 11:23:12 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

IMO you should check out the Italian bakery in the Fulton Street food court at Harrah's, which is mid-strip. I was very impressed with the quality, the variety, and the portion size. Really tasty. NY/NJ bakery, I'm not so sure. However, I had a great NY deli meal at a hole-in-the-wall on Sunset, about 3 miles off-strip, though I wasn't driving so I can't give directions. If you're willing to go off-strip, let me know and I'll try to get my lunch partner to give directions.

There's also a huge Carnegie deli in the Mirage, also mid-strip. It may well be very like an authentic NY deli. Portions beyond huge, don't know if they bake their own. 24 hours.

Tony and Tina's Wedding, I saw almost 20 years ago. It may well have changed. It was funny, but I think the main appeal is couples going back for anniversaries and such. I would say it's an enjoyable evening, not top entertainment. An ok family show, unlike some others.

I know the Mirage well and know the NYC Carnegie deli, LOL, I had a restaurant a 1/2 block north of Columbus Circle for years. Looking for a deli/bakery for a box of cannoli's and éclairs to go.

Thanks for the little insight on the wedding show.
Bac79=Hazardous Material and Chemical person correcting other's mistakes. Non AP'er, I can't count cards, low intelligence. Sprinkles magical dust on the cards. Has a lucky monkey. Baby also has a green one. Sum it up: "It's okay just blame me, it's all my fault"! ( No one believes me--so I chose to stop posting)
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
January 21st, 2015 at 12:58:14 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

However, I had a great NY deli meal at a hole-in-the-wall on Sunset, about 3 miles off-strip, though I wasn't driving so I can't give directions. If you're willing to go off-strip, let me know and I'll try to get my lunch partner to give directions.

I believe the deli you are thinking of is Weiss deli on the corner of Sunset & Green Valley. I eat there about once a month.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/weiss-restaurant-delicatessen-bakery-henderson

I was at the Mirage in December and the Carnegie Deli was closed. I am guessing they were just doing remodelling but I don't know for sure.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
Baccaratfrom79
Baccaratfrom79
January 21st, 2015 at 1:12:37 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

I believe the deli you are thinking of is Weiss deli on the corner of Sunset & Green Valley. I eat there about once a month.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/weiss-restaurant-delicatessen-bakery-henderson

I was at the Mirage in December and the Carnegie Deli was closed. I am guessing they were just doing remodelling but I don't know for sure.

This place will be included on our itinerary 1,000%! THANKS!
  • Jump to: