AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
November 3rd, 2014 at 3:18:55 PM permalink
On the last Gambling With An Edge podcast, they mentioned airbnb in Vegas. Has anyone gotten a decent place to stay near the strip or downtown this way?

I'm thinking of my next trip to Vegas, and was wondering if this might be a good option if I don't have any good comps. A quick perusal of their websites seems like anything near the strip is going to be cheaper than a mid-level hotel room, but that's about it.

Also, I just checked my TR account and I can still get some free rooms this coming winter at the standard lower tier properties. So, probably won't be trying airbnb in Vegas anytime soon.

That being said, would love to hear any success or failure stories.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
November 4th, 2014 at 5:17:18 PM permalink
Quote: AcesAndEights

On the last Gambling With An Edge podcast, they mentioned airbnb in Vegas. Has anyone gotten a decent place to stay near the strip or downtown this way?

I'm thinking of my next trip to Vegas, and was wondering if this might be a good option if I don't have any good comps. A quick perusal of their websites seems like anything near the strip is going to be cheaper than a mid-level hotel room, but that's about it.

Also, I just checked my TR account and I can still get some free rooms this coming winter at the standard lower tier properties. So, probably won't be trying airbnb in Vegas anytime soon.

That being said, would love to hear any success or failure stories.

"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
pokerface
pokerface
  • Threads: 12
November 4th, 2014 at 5:23:24 PM permalink
what the hell is "airbnb"? never heard that word.
winning streaks come and go, losing streak never ends.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
November 4th, 2014 at 6:00:54 PM permalink
Quote: pokerface

what the hell is "airbnb"? never heard that word.

It is a service where people can rent a room to a house for short-term instead of a hotel.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
  • Jump to: