pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
May 4th, 2010 at 5:00:16 AM permalink
Maru's is a fine dining Korean restaurant in Summerlin. It can be expensive but the bulgogi (Korean barbecued chicken,pork or beef) is only $19-$26 and is enough for two because it comes with about a dozen side dishes. I recommend the pork.

They also have a sushi bar, outside dining, full bar and they will cook at your table similar to Benihana.

If you are are at Rampart or Suncoast you are within a few miles of Town Center.

Maru is a nice alternative to the very casual places in Chinatown or on the strip (across the street from Aria)

teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
May 4th, 2010 at 9:48:04 AM permalink
Has anyone been to the Korean joint in Imperial Palace, Ginseng 3?

The markup on Korean food in the U.S. is unbelievable. It's much cheaper in Korea.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
rudeboyoi
rudeboyoi
  • Threads: 27
May 4th, 2010 at 9:58:27 AM permalink
orchid gardens off of sahara is a very good chinese restaurant. its about a 10 minute drive from the strip. its served dim sum style where they walk around with carts with various items. you can also just order food the regular way too though. they have a fairly exotic menu too if youre interested in trying new foods.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
May 4th, 2010 at 10:17:00 AM permalink
Quote: pacomartin

Maru's is a fine dining Korean restaurant in Summerlin. It can be expensive but the bulgogi (Korean barbecued chicken,pork or beef) is only $19-$26 and is enough for two because it comes with about a dozen side dishes. I recommend the pork.

I ate there once, and agree, it is good. I had the all you can eat Sushi deal, which I recommend. That place is also right by my house. I'd say to go there while you can. When I went there my wife and I were the only customers. It is a lousy location in a business park.

About the Orchid Garden, I agree. That is very authentic Chinese food. If you like the Americanized stuff, you may not like it. Another good place for real Chinese food is Ping Pang Pong at the Gold Coast.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
  • Jump to: