terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
December 9th, 2013 at 5:05:58 PM permalink
Quote: aceofspades

I love how some people will gamble hundreds or thousands of dollars but balk at a haircut costing anything over a sawbuck…where is the logic?

I dont gamble that much, my typical bankroll on a trip is 100 a day. Anyway, I used to always go to a barber leaving about a inch or more. A few years ago, decided to really cut the hair short, 1/2 inch. Barber got out the electric razor and cut it all off. As my hair was getting cut, I was thinking to myself, I can do that. Now I cut my hair once a year. Give myself a buzz cut, let it grow out over a year. Once it gets irritating, long and in the eyes, about a year, give myself a buzz cut again.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1491
December 9th, 2013 at 5:16:27 PM permalink
Maybe a good WoV activity after the McNugget challenge would be to get cheap haircuts at the El Cortez. I don't know what they charge, but places with an old fashioned barber pole are usually pretty cheap.

Unfortunately, I just got a haircut last week, so won't need one at the time.

I'll personally pay for anyone to get a Mohawk.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
December 9th, 2013 at 5:48:59 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Wonders if mission will take you up on that one. :D
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
December 9th, 2013 at 6:44:47 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Unfortunately, I just got a haircut last week, so won't need one at the time.

I just got a haircut yesterday, and there's absolutely no way in Hell someone is coming within five feet of me with a straight razor without me physically defending myself, so a shave is out of the question.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
KeyserSoze
KeyserSoze
  • Threads: 13
December 9th, 2013 at 6:46:39 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

I just got a haircut yesterday, and there's absolutely no way in Hell someone is coming within five feet of me with a straight razor without me physically defending myself, so a shave is out of the question.

A straight razor shave by Ernesto at El Cortez is a great thing. Very relaxing/refreshing.
Talent hits a target no one else can hit; genius hits a target no one else can see.
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
December 9th, 2013 at 6:55:32 PM permalink
I'm sure Ernesto is a nice guy, but if I won't even let my wife approach me with a straight razor (or use one myself) I'm not letting Ernesto do it.

I have a tendency to prefer disposable razors, preferably used by my wife a few times on her legs first so they are nice and dull. I'm not really the world's biggest fan of sharp objects.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
December 9th, 2013 at 7:07:39 PM permalink
Damn, have not had a barber shave for 30 plus years. Was in Chicago, hot towel and all.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
wroberson
wroberson
  • Threads: 19
December 9th, 2013 at 8:35:17 PM permalink
Is Ernesto open late?

I can't do the Mohawk. I need a hair cut. But' I need my hair. The change is too extreme.

Nice pictures. I looked more ginger though. Freckles across the nose. Bad choice of shirt on my part. The picture made me laugh. It was a good 10 seconds.
Buffering...
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
  • Threads: 75
December 9th, 2013 at 9:01:01 PM permalink
Quote: KeyserSoze

A straight razor shave by Ernesto at El Cortez is a great thing. Very relaxing/refreshing.

I've never had a barber give me a straight razor shave, but I've heard so many guys rave about it. A lot of them say how "relaxing" it is.

What exactly is so relaxing about it anyway? Genuinely curious. May have to give it a try.
Fighting BS one post at a time!
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
December 9th, 2013 at 9:14:07 PM permalink
Quote: Beethoven9th

I've never had a barber give me a straight razor shave, but I've heard so many guys rave about it. A lot of them say how "relaxing" it is.

What exactly is so relaxing about it anyway? Genuinely curious. May have to give it a try.

I have had it done twice and I don't understand the attraction either. I also can't understand why my wife enjoy's pedicures.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
  • Jump to: