ProfessorChaos
ProfessorChaos
  • Threads: 1
March 7th, 2013 at 2:02:09 PM permalink
Hi everyone,

I'm heading to Vegas in a few days, staying at the Quad (IP). I haven't been in about three years, and haven't stayed mid-strip in ten. Anyway, I'm on a budget (and won't have a car), and I was wondering if there's someplace nearby to get supplies (Vitamin Water, beer/booze for the room, etc). Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
1arrowheaddr
1arrowheaddr
  • Threads: 14
March 7th, 2013 at 2:11:51 PM permalink
There are Walgreens near The Venetian and Planet Hollywood.
ProfessorChaos
ProfessorChaos
  • Threads: 1
March 7th, 2013 at 2:44:38 PM permalink
Perfect. Thanks, Arrowhead.
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
March 7th, 2013 at 7:28:54 PM permalink
Quote: 1arrowheaddr

There's a liquor store that's very proud of their long term lease. It's on Flamingo Road, on the Maxim side of Barbary Coast (I know, I know, but he said it's been awhile) right about here.
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
March 7th, 2013 at 7:47:12 PM permalink
Quote: s2dbaker

There's a liquor store that's very proud of their long term lease. It's on Flamingo Road, on the Maxim side of Barbary Coast.

That was one of my first memories of Vegas when I returned to visit there starting in Sept. 2011...lol Staying at Bally's and could see it from the hotel room. Need to check it out sometime.
zippyboy
zippyboy
  • Threads: 2
March 7th, 2013 at 10:39:12 PM permalink
You guys be all crazy. There's a gift shop in the back of the Quad on way to parking garage that sells Vitamin Water and whatnot....and it's not too waaaaaaay too high priced much at all. You can use comp dollars for it (or comp 100's o'dollars)
"Poker sure is an easy game to beat if you have the roll to keep rebuying."
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 263
March 9th, 2013 at 2:24:27 PM permalink
Quote: 1arrowheaddr

Been there. I think their prices were reasonable
to boot.
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 117
March 9th, 2013 at 4:33:23 PM permalink
The Quad also has a Wine & Spirits store in it. However, I also recommend the Walgreens near the Palazzo, especially if you need something that you had to leave behind at the airport security checkpoint. (If you have one of those CVS cards, there's a CVS on the other side of the strip, but it's between Aria and Monte Carlo, so it's a bit of a walk.)
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
March 12th, 2013 at 10:44:29 PM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

That was one of my first memories of Vegas when I returned to visit there starting in Sept. 2011...lol Staying at Bally's and could see it from the hotel room. Need to check it out sometime.

It is called Stage Door Liquors and is one of my favorite places in Vegas. Great local bar with cheap drinks and a store attached. The VP is unplayable though.
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
March 13th, 2013 at 12:14:39 AM permalink
Quote: Boz

It is called Stage Door Liquors and is one of my favorite places in Vegas. Great local bar with cheap drinks and a store attached. The VP is unplayable though.

No problem. I have stayed at Bally's four times and have skipped earning points there twice...lol I'll just drag myself to Stage Door for ~15 minutes to check it out on the way to Ellis Island to play 9/6 DDB Quick Quads... :)
NokTang
NokTang
  • Threads: 56
June 2nd, 2013 at 5:24:36 AM permalink
What about a supermarket like Walmart?? I'll need a few other items like a coffee maker, coffee, and a radio. Oh, I also need a sim card. Are prepaid phone sim cards still available without ID in the USA?
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
June 2nd, 2013 at 7:38:23 AM permalink
I'm told there is a Walmart opposite SamsTown and that the SamsTown shuttle driver often turns a blind eye to oversize luggage.
  • Jump to: