AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
April 13th, 2012 at 12:21:10 PM permalink
I got invited to a bachelor party at the last minute and am flying to Reno tonight. I was able to get a free room at Hararh's Reno, but the rest of the crew is staying at the Sands.

I'll only be there for 2 nights and will probably be just tagging along with the larger group, but given some free time, anyone have advice for something cool to do/see/experience? I know Reno doesn't have a great reputation, haha. I'm hoping to run into the cops from Reno 911!
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
reno
reno
  • Threads: 124
April 13th, 2012 at 1:14:49 PM permalink
Harrah's is much nicer than the Sands. The two are within walking distance, but it's quite a hike. Downtown isn't (too) dangerous, but it is depressing. If you're into gambling, check out the Silver Legacy (very busy on Friday nights) and the Peppermill. If you're into history, take a trip to Virginia City, and if you're into nature check out the Taylor Creek underwater viewing platform in South Lake Tahoe.
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
April 13th, 2012 at 2:58:15 PM permalink
Quote: reno

Harrah's is much nicer than the Sands. The two are within walking distance, but it's quite a hike. Downtown isn't (too) dangerous, but it is depressing. If you're into gambling, check out the Silver Legacy (very busy on Friday nights) and the Peppermill. If you're into history, take a trip to Virginia City, and if you're into nature check out the Taylor Creek underwater viewing platform in South Lake Tahoe.

Thanks! Google Maps tells me it's a half-mile walk between the two, is that inaccurate? 'Cause it doesn't sound so bad to me. I'm usually not worried about getting mugged as I'm not the easiest target (large-ish male), but I'll be careful and have any large cash sums in my money belt.
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
April 13th, 2012 at 3:24:42 PM permalink
Quote: AcesAndEights

Thanks! Google Maps tells me it's a half-mile walk between the two, is that inaccurate? 'Cause it doesn't sound so bad to me. I'm usually not worried about getting mugged as I'm not the easiest target (large-ish male), but I'll be careful and have any large cash sums in my money belt.

Well I just canceled the trip anyway. Some other time I'll make it to Reno, thanks for the advice though.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
April 13th, 2012 at 8:42:48 PM permalink
Three words.....Awful Awful Burger! Look it up!
  • Jump to: