brianparkes
brianparkes
  • Threads: 9
March 16th, 2012 at 1:55:00 AM permalink
I always read that when playing blackjack, you are supposed to stick to basic strategy. The only times to deviate from it are when you are counting cards, but I have not been able to find the strategy charts to explain what those deviations are. I know there won't be one created for each separate count (TC +1, TC +2, TC -1, TC -2, etc). It would be interesting to see a chart that works in generalizations, though. For instance, what would the basic strategy chart look like for TC +3 (with a range of +/- 2 points) and the same for the negative count range.
PopCan
PopCan
  • Threads: 1
March 16th, 2012 at 3:05:57 AM permalink
Instead of using a whole new chart for various counts, deviations are used. For example, if the TC is +4 and you have a 10 versus the dealer's Ace you'd double instead of the standard Basic Strategy hit. There are dozens of deviations but the majority only make a tiny difference in edge. Author Don Schlesinger made a list of the 18 most important deviations known as The Illustrious 18. There's also the "Fab 4 Surrenders" on that same page.
brianparkes
brianparkes
  • Threads: 9
March 16th, 2012 at 3:50:27 AM permalink
That is perfect. Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the reference.
WongBo
WongBo
  • Threads: 62
March 16th, 2012 at 5:54:19 AM permalink
If you want to see complete charts you might try finding a copy of Professional Blackjack by Stanford Wong.
I was happy to find it in my local library, but i live in New York city, not sure it is standard fare.
In a bet, there is a fool and a thief. - Proverb.
  • Jump to: