Theguyoverthere
Theguyoverthere
  • Threads: 9
September 4th, 2011 at 12:23:56 AM permalink
Hi everyone, I love the WizardofOdds site so much and all it has to offer, but one thing has got me stumped. I found this: https://wizardofodds.com/blackjack/appendix1.html which is an appendix for a S17 blackjack game which tells you what your expected outcome is by hitting, staying, doubling, or splitting. My friends and I want to get into card counting and playing better blackjack, so we really want to study which hands are the "swing" hands in which the difference between hitting and staying is very minimal and thus would be susceptible to changes in the count to let you make the decision. The only problem is all the games we find are H17 tables, and the table the Wizard has up there is for S17. Is there a table for H17? That would be awesome!

Thanks!
Raymond "Theguyoverthere"
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
September 4th, 2011 at 3:16:04 AM permalink
Quote: Theguyoverthere

The only problem is all the games we find are H17 tables, and the table the Wizard has up there is for S17. Is there a table for H17? That would be awesome!

Here's his calculator for various rules. Of course that's not exactly what you asked for.

Seems odd to me that your H17 tables don't also use the continuous shuffling machines.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
September 4th, 2011 at 6:52:54 AM permalink
It's here.

To do card counting, you're going to want to do more than just look at the Wizard's site.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
Theguyoverthere
Theguyoverthere
  • Threads: 9
September 4th, 2011 at 1:59:45 PM permalink
Thanks so much Teddys! I had a feeling it was on there somewhere. As for card counting, what other sites would you recommend? What's the best way to practice?
  • Jump to: