Popcorn123
Popcorn123
Joined: Jun 13, 2021
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 1
June 13th, 2021 at 9:47:37 PM permalink
Hi all, I have a question about baccarat strategy.
I play at a Korean casino have noticed that there is another player who has been winning frequently, and was wondering if there was a logic behind his strategy?
He typically doesn't spend too long at the table (just 1-2 hours), and always places bets on both Original and Pairs bets (as well as a occasionally on Tie too). After he loses the Pairs bet around 10 times, he then raises to the maximum bet on Pairs bets. When this maximum bet wins, he then gets a big payout and leaves the table. I've seen him win big many times with this approach, but don't understand the logic.

Can anyone help explain? Does it always pay off or will it sometimes go wrong?
Deucekies
Deucekies
Joined: Jan 20, 2014
  • Threads: 50
  • Posts: 1283
June 13th, 2021 at 9:55:26 PM permalink
Sounds just like a martingale, except instead of 1-2-4-8..., he's going 1-1-1-1-...-max. No math behind it. He's on a lucky run, and he'll lose eventually.
Casinos are not your friends, they want your money. But so does Disneyland. And there is no chance in hell that you will go to Disneyland and come back with more money than you went with. - AxelWolf and Mickeycrimm
Wifeslayer
Wifeslayer
Joined: Apr 15, 2019
  • Threads: 6
  • Posts: 14
June 13th, 2021 at 10:48:06 PM permalink
Agree with deuckecies for he is right, this mystery man will soon get his clock cleaned.. :(
mwalz9
mwalz9
Joined: Feb 7, 2012
  • Threads: 39
  • Posts: 519
June 14th, 2021 at 2:10:38 PM permalink
Quote: Popcorn123

Hi all, I have a question about baccarat strategy.
I play at a Korean casino have noticed that there is another player who has been winning frequently, and was wondering if there was a logic behind his strategy?
He typically doesn't spend too long at the table (just 1-2 hours), and always places bets on both Original and Pairs bets (as well as a occasionally on Tie too). After he loses the Pairs bet around 10 times, he then raises to the maximum bet on Pairs bets. When this maximum bet wins, he then gets a big payout and leaves the table. I've seen him win big many times with this approach, but don't understand the logic.

Can anyone help explain? Does it always pay off or will it sometimes go wrong?



Did he have on a fancy watch? Did he smell like vitamins or supplements? Did have a pretty woman with him? Were the pit bosses talking to him about how much he's been winning and that he has been staying there playing for months and never loses?

Just curious...
auwebber
auwebber
Joined: Jun 30, 2021
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 2
July 13th, 2021 at 12:50:22 AM permalink
For some reason it seems to me that there is no reliable strategy here. He is just lucky several times in a row and you just see these moments. Suddenly, sooner or later, he will have a series of failures and lose his entire deposit. In your place, I would not count on this strategy, the maximum is to try it once and do it carefully and without much hope.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
  • Threads: 112
  • Posts: 8159
July 13th, 2021 at 4:19:49 AM permalink
Quote: Popcorn123

Hi all, I have a question about baccarat strategy.
I play at a Korean casino have noticed that there is another player who has been winning frequently, and was wondering if there was a logic behind his strategy?
He typically doesn't spend too long at the table (just 1-2 hours), and always places bets on both Original and Pairs bets (as well as a occasionally on Tie too). After he loses the Pairs bet around 10 times, he then raises to the maximum bet on Pairs bets. When this maximum bet wins, he then gets a big payout and leaves the table. I've seen him win big many times with this approach, but don't understand the logic.

Can anyone help explain? Does it always pay off or will it sometimes go wrong?



Welcome to the forum. A few questions for you.

1. What is a bet on ‘Original’?
2. What is the payout on ‘Pairs’ ?
3. What does his bet on pairs start at? And then what is the max bet on pairs?
4. How often does he bet on ‘tie’? And how much does he bet on ‘tie’ when he does?
5. How many in a row at max have you seen him lose at ‘pairs’ before he has won one?
DeMango
DeMango
Joined: Feb 2, 2010
  • Threads: 29
  • Posts: 2779
July 13th, 2021 at 8:14:48 AM permalink
Last visit June 23
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
Ishavan
Ishavan
Joined: Sep 4, 2021
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 1
September 4th, 2021 at 5:20:01 PM permalink
that's without any strategy at all! Blackjack players have to memorize basic strategy and then manage their bets very carefully
DeMango
DeMango
Joined: Feb 2, 2010
  • Threads: 29
  • Posts: 2779
Thanks for this post from:
unJon
September 5th, 2021 at 3:37:04 AM permalink
Quote: Ishavan

that's without any strategy at all! Blackjack players have to memorize basic strategy and then manage their bets very carefully

  • link to original post


    What’s for sale today?
    When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.

    • Jump to: