Thread Rating:

Poll

1 vote (7.69%)
No votes (0%)
4 votes (30.76%)
No votes (0%)
3 votes (23.07%)
2 votes (15.38%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (7.69%)
2 votes (15.38%)

13 members have voted

Gialmere
Gialmere
Joined: Nov 26, 2018
  • Threads: 41
  • Posts: 2051
July 11th, 2021 at 10:21:35 PM permalink
Quote: Gandler

I would think it would be between Quantum of Solace, Living Daylights, Octopussy, or Man with the Golden Gun as those are the ones that I am not 100% certain had helicopters in some capacity. I would guess Man with the Golden Gun as that did not have any military base scenes, or modern settings where one could be randomly in the background, though the villain did have a flying car, and Bond flew a small aircraft towards the end, but I can't visualize a helicopter in any of the flying scenes. Octopussy, there are several scenes where it makes sense that a helicopter could be (including the pre-credit scene), the Living Daylights is the same concept (lots of military airfields, etc....), Quantum I am less sure of, but as it is modern, it seems like there must be one somewhere even in passing. But, I would think between those three for sure, and my guess would be Man with the Golden Gun simply by less opportunities for helicopters (and the story does not have settings where there is likely one in the background, and as action scenes are so sparse any kind of vehicle actions stands out in that film).


Winner! Winner! Chicken Dinner!

Yes, TMWTGG features everything from planes to a flying car, but no helicopters. It's an utterly useless (but true) Bond fact but perhaps someone clever can make a 007 helicopter drinking game.

Octopussy helicopter...




The Living Daylights helicopter...




Quantum of Solace helicopter...



---------------------------------------------

To complete this Bond trivia weekend...

Hoplophobia is an irrational fear of firearms and armament, that include all sorts of guns. Hoplophobia is extracted from the Greek word ‘Hoplo’ meaning armaments and ‘Phobos’ meaning fear.

When Roger Moore was a young boy he developed this phobia after being shot in the leg by his brother with an airgun. This would cause occasional delays and reshoots on the set since he would involuntarily blink a lot when guns were around especially when he had to fire one. Quite a liability.
Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.
Gialmere
Gialmere
Joined: Nov 26, 2018
  • Threads: 41
  • Posts: 2051
July 17th, 2021 at 10:42:08 AM permalink


Q: Now pay attention 007 fans. While we await the next gambling scene analysis from [inverted] M, here are more trivia questions to keep your wits sharp.

R: Half of them anyway.



Eon Series Films Only

001) In "Goldfinger", what special feature of the Aston Martin DB5 does Bond utilize that's not mentioned in the Q briefing?

002) In which film does 007 kill the least amount of people?

003) What soft drink brand has some blatant product placement at the cable car station in "Moonraker"?

004) In which film(s) does Bond receive a gunshot wound?

005) What was the first 007 title song to receive an Academy Award nomination for Best Original Song?

006) Children's author Roald Dahl ("James and the Giant Peach", "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory") wrote the screenplay for which Bond film?

007) In "Dr. No", M refers to the British Secret Service as what?



Grow up 007 fans. There's NO searching allowed!
Last edited by: Gialmere on Jul 17, 2021
Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.
Gialmere
Gialmere
Joined: Nov 26, 2018
  • Threads: 41
  • Posts: 2051
July 19th, 2021 at 3:33:50 PM permalink


Well, it seems all of our 00 agents were KIA for this one. You only live twice Mr. Bond fans. For those who are merely MIA, here are the weekend quiz answers...

Tire slashers.



Surprisingly, Scaramanga is the only person Bond actually kills in TMWTGG.



7-UP



Note the advertising continues on the billboards during the ambulance scene.


"Thunderball" and "Skyfall"





Live and Let Die



You Only Live Twice



MI7

Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 261
  • Posts: 8718
July 19th, 2021 at 6:18:10 PM permalink
For getting shot technically You only live twice. He gets machine gunned so bad he is buried at sea.

Although you find out that was just a ruse
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
Gialmere
Gialmere
Joined: Nov 26, 2018
  • Threads: 41
  • Posts: 2051
August 8th, 2021 at 11:59:33 AM permalink


Good evening Mr. Bond fans. If you're wondering what I'm up to this time let me explain my plans in minute detail in case you escape and wish to contact MI6. The following trivia questions are about 007 villains. You're very clever Mr. Bond fans. I'm sure you'll have no troubles...

001: How many actors have played the role of Ernst Stavro Blofeld?

002: In which Bond films does the villain's plan have something to do with outer space?

003: I can crush a golf ball with my bare hand. Who am I?

004: I can crush a pair of dice with my bare hand. Who am I?

005: Name a main villain that essentially succeeded with his/her main plan.

006: At first, I'm sort of the main Bond girl. Then, I'm sort of the main Bond villain. Who am I?

007: This villain "does not drink, does not smoke, does not make love." Who is he?

While my henchmen may search you from your toenails to the last follicle on your head you may not search at all. And if you have trouble with the questions, try again. You can always play twice Mr. Bond fans.
Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 261
  • Posts: 8718
Thanks for this post from:
Gialmere
August 8th, 2021 at 1:56:47 PM permalink
Quote: Gialmere



Good evening Mr. Bond fans. If you're wondering what I'm up to this time let me explain my plans in minute detail in case you escape and wish to contact MI6. The following trivia questions are about 007 villains. You're very clever Mr. Bond fans. I'm sure you'll have no troubles...

001: How many actors have played the role of Ernst Stavro Blofeld?

002: In which Bond films does the villain's plan have something to do with outer space?

003: I can crush a golf ball with my bare hand. Who am I?

004: I can crush a pair of dice with my bare hand. Who am I?

005: Name a main villain that essentially succeeded with his/her main plan.

006: At first, I'm sort of the main Bond girl. Then, I'm sort of the main Bond villain. Who am I?

007: This villain "does not drink, does not smoke, does not make love." Who is he?

While my henchmen may search you from your toenails to the last follicle on your head you may not search at all. And if you have trouble with the questions, try again. You can always play twice Mr. Bond fans.



1) trick question? because technically Blofeld was seen in silhouette in Thunderball. I'm not sure who so let's count him as one.

1: Thunderball...???
2: you only live twice. Donald pleasance
3: on her majesties secret service... Telly savalas
4: diamonds are forever. ??? Gray (no neck from rocky horror)
5: For Your Eyes Only... Face not shown
6: Never Say Never Again... Max Von Sydow

2) another trick question?

1: Dr. No (disrupting American rockets)
2: You only live twice
3: Diamonds are forever (there was something mentioned about space and diamonds)
4: Moonraker (obviously)

3) Odd-job

4) Indian stare down guy from Octopussy

5) not sure

6) Vesper Lynd?

7) Scaramanga
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
Gialmere
Gialmere
Joined: Nov 26, 2018
  • Threads: 41
  • Posts: 2051
August 8th, 2021 at 2:44:34 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

1) trick question? because technically Blofeld was seen in silhouette in Thunderball. I'm not sure who so let's count him as one.

1: Thunderball...???
2: you only live twice. Donald pleasance
3: on her majesties secret service... Telly savalas
4: diamonds are forever. ??? Gray (no neck from rocky horror)
5: For Your Eyes Only... Face not shown
6: Never Say Never Again... Max Von Sydow

2) another trick question?

1: Dr. No (disrupting American rockets)
2: You only live twice
3: Diamonds are forever (there was something mentioned about space and diamonds)
4: Moonraker (obviously)

3) Odd-job

4) Indian stare down guy from Octopussy

5) not sure

6) Vesper Lynd?

7) Scaramanga


6 out of 7 correct
1) From Russia With Love, Thunderball: Anthony Dawson (who also played Professor Dent in Dr. No).
2) You Only Live Twice: Donald Pleasence
3) On Her Majesties Secret Service: Telly Savalas
4) Diamonds Are Forever: Charles (It's just a jump to the left) Gray
5) For Your Eyes Only: John Hollis
6) Never Say Never Again: Max Von Sydow
7) ?



4 out of 7 correct
1) Dr. No (Project Mercury)
2) You Only Live Twice (Disappearance of American and Russian astronauts)
3) Diamonds Are Forever (Diamond satellite)
4) Moonraker (Moonraker shuttles, Drax's space station)
5) ?
6) ?
7) ?


Correct!



Correct! Villain = Gobinda



005) ?

006) Good guess but incorrect. Vesper makes a deal with the villains to save Bond's life but isn't in charge.

007) Incorrect
Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 261
  • Posts: 8718
August 8th, 2021 at 3:17:54 PM permalink
Quote: Gialmere

6 out of 7 correct
1) From Russia With Love, Thunderball: Anthony Dawson (who also played Professor Dent in Dr. No).
2) You Only Live Twice: Donald Pleasence
3) On Her Majesties Secret Service: Telly Savalas
4) Diamonds Are Forever: Charles (It's just a jump to the left) Gray
5) For Your Eyes Only: John Hollis
6) Never Say Never Again: Max Von Sydow
7) ?



4 out of 7 correct
1) Dr. No (Project Mercury)
2) You Only Live Twice (Disappearance of American and Russian astronauts)
3) Diamonds Are Forever (Diamond satellite)
4) Moonraker (Moonraker shuttles, Drax's space station)
5) ?
6) ?
7) ?


Correct!



Correct! Villain = Gobinda



005) ?

006) Good guess but incorrect. Vesper makes a deal with the villains to save Bond's life but isn't in charge.

007) Incorrect



Number 7). Second guess. Robert Shaw from From Russia With Love
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
unJon
unJon
Joined: Jul 1, 2018
  • Threads: 14
  • Posts: 2849
Thanks for this post from:
Gialmere
August 8th, 2021 at 3:21:34 PM permalink
005) The Skyfall villian who mainly wanted to kill M.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
Gialmere
Gialmere
Joined: Nov 26, 2018
  • Threads: 41
  • Posts: 2051
August 8th, 2021 at 5:03:08 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Number 7). Second guess. Robert Shaw from From Russia With Love


007) Incorrect. In fact, his red wine with fish is a minor plot point.


Quote: unJon

005) The Skyfall villian who mainly wanted to kill M.


Correct!! His main plan was to kill M. Mission accomplished.

Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.

  • Jump to: