trungtrung11
trungtrung11
  • Threads: 1
April 16th, 2020 at 9:20:12 PM permalink
On the Wizard of Odds web site you state that the house advantage in Asia Poker is nearly 5% while it is much lower for standard Pai Gow poker. Why the large difference? Is it that Asia Poker requires that one's seven cards and the dealer's cards be split into three hands and the player must win two of three to win and the dealer takes all ties (ties are frequent in both the two-card hand and the one-card hand)???
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 121
April 17th, 2020 at 7:11:17 AM permalink
Quote: trungtrung11

On the Wizard of Odds web site you state that the house advantage in Asia Poker is nearly 5% while it is much lower for standard Pai Gow poker. Why the large difference? Is it that Asia Poker requires that one's seven cards and the dealer's cards be split into three hands and the player must win two of three to win and the dealer takes all ties (ties are frequent in both the two-card hand and the one-card hand)???

The single card results in a lot of ties. The dealer wins those. So much so that there is no 5% commission like there is in Pai Gow Poker
In actuality, it is a totally different game than Pai Gow Poker. There is no reason that the house edge should be the same, or even similar.

Having played Asia Poker (it is my favorite game now), there are definitely advantages to be found if the dealer is not sharp. A few years ago I was making a boatload at Paris with the main dealer, and even had an advantage on the substitute dealer. If I remember correctly I was ahead 16 units when I had to leave for a dinner meet up.

(OK... a boatload was $400!)
  • Jump to: