SimonEggi
SimonEggi
  • Threads: 6
March 18th, 2020 at 2:10:14 PM permalink
Good evening Ladies and Gentleman,

I have a problem of understanding I just cannot seem to solve. In the book "Professional Blackjack" by Wong there are multiple instances of keys I don't understand but it's always the same problem:

When there is a number in the chart, let's say 'x', it says that I shall "split if the True Count equals or exceeds x, otherwise if the True Count is less than x I shall not split".

Now, when it says '+5' in the chart, it's clear that when my True Count is 5,6,7,8,etc i should split, when it's 2,0,-3,etc i shall not split.
However, when the chart says '-4', does my True Count of -3 exceed the number since it's mathematically bigger than -4 or is it understood as -4,-5,-6,-7,etc exceeding the -4?
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
March 18th, 2020 at 2:12:02 PM permalink
Quote: SimonEggi

Good evening Ladies and Gentleman,

I have a problem of understanding I just cannot seem to solve. In the book "Professional Blackjack" by Wong there are multiple instances of keys I don't understand but it's always the same problem:

When there is a number in the chart, let's say 'x', it says that I shall "split if the True Count equals or exceeds x, otherwise if the True Count is less than x I shall not split".

Now, when it says '+5' in the chart, it's clear that when my True Count is 5,6,7,8,etc i should split, when it's 2,0,-3,etc i shall not split.
However, when the chart says '-4', does my True Count of -3 exceed the number since it's mathematically bigger than -4 or is it understood as -4,-5,-6,-7,etc exceeding the -4?

former. -4, -3, -2, -1, 0, 1, 2 and higher would be a split there.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
SimonEggi
SimonEggi
  • Threads: 6
March 18th, 2020 at 2:15:42 PM permalink
Thank you very much! So it‘s basically the purely mathematical comparison of -3 still exceeding/being bigger than -4
  • Jump to: