Lucaso
Lucaso
  • Threads: 1
October 22nd, 2019 at 5:11:09 AM permalink
Dear all,

The single deck blackjack game that I play to hunt bonusses has an error.
When the dealer has a blackjack, it will give a push against a non-blackjack 21 of the player.
I was wonderingen if this means a negative house advantage, and if this means I should play according to a different (composition dependend) basic strategy. I feel like this is especially relevant for the double-down choice on 11 vs dealer 10-card. All the rules posted beneath.

Single deck, shuffle after each game
Double after Splits allowed
Split max to 3 hands
Double any 2 cards
Hit a soft 17
Peak for BJ if upcard is an Ace
NO peak for BJ when upcard is a 10-card

I have betted over 1,4 million euro in total on this game the last year, and I must say that there are some significant gains on my side beyond the expected value.

Kind regards,
Lucaso
DogHand
DogHand
  • Threads: 2
October 22nd, 2019 at 8:42:12 AM permalink
Lucaso,

Two quick questions:

1. Does BJ pay 3:2?

2. If the player has BJ and the dealer has a 10-up BJ (so Ace in the hole), does the machine count this as player win or a push?

Dog Hand
Lucaso
Lucaso
October 22nd, 2019 at 9:15:28 AM permalink
1. Yes
2. I also thought of this later and this is indeed very important! This is counted as a push.
Lucaso
Lucaso
October 23rd, 2019 at 1:38:25 AM permalink
I guess one would need the probability of a dealer blackjack with 10-card up (~2,5%), and the probability of the player getting a non blackjack 21 when the dealer has a no-peak 10 value card up according to basic (composition depenend) single deck strategy. Then we would know the house edge in my current playstyle which doubles 11 against dealer ace and 10-card.

In addition, we could find out if the doubling of 11 against 10 is beneficial. And possibly even alter other decisions.
  • Jump to: