Hawk4611
Hawk4611
  • Threads: 1
January 22nd, 2019 at 8:09:20 PM permalink
When placing a pass line bet with odds I place my odds bet behind the pass line. If I’m betting the don’t pass with odds, where exactly do I place that odds bet, same as if it were a pass line?
unJon
unJon 
  • Threads: 14
January 22nd, 2019 at 8:28:24 PM permalink
Quote: Hawk4611

When placing a pass line bet with odds I place my odds bet behind the pass line. If I’m betting the don’t pass with odds, where exactly do I place that odds bet, same as if it were a pass line?

No. put the odds next to the don’t pass bet. Still in the don’t area, just to the right or left of the don’t bet.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
ontariodealer
ontariodealer
  • Threads: 7
January 22nd, 2019 at 9:04:04 PM permalink
heel them beside the don't bet...... closest to the dealer
get second you pig
7craps
7craps
  • Threads: 18
January 22nd, 2019 at 9:05:19 PM permalink
Quote: Hawk4611

If I’m betting the don’t pass with odds, where exactly do I place that odds bet, same as if it were a pass line?

not same as passline.
They are either heeled or bridged right next to the flat bet (original bet).
The Dealer will set it up properly for you if you have doubts.

Most houses want the odds to be towards the outside of the table as when the bet wins, the dealer is going to pay the odds first and the box wants to see clearly it is done correctly.

players view (from WinCraps Pro)

dealers view (from precision craps dealing)

great question!
enjoy
winsome johnny (not Win some johnny)
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
January 23rd, 2019 at 7:27:41 AM permalink
If you hear a box say let that bet breathe, that is an instruction to the dealer to separate the stacks a bit more. the reason the odds bet goes closest to the dealer is that otherwise his hand or forearm might block the view and allow past posting.

i'm not going to discuss bridging and heeling because I always get it wrong.

making the odds bet is your decision but if you do it quickly and correctly, dealers are more likely to remind you if you forget.
7craps
7craps
  • Threads: 18
January 23rd, 2019 at 9:37:09 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

i'm not going to discuss bridging and heeling because I always get it wrong.

actually a good point.
heeling is the safest for the player and the Dealer as one can then see (when done properly) which is the odds bet.

of course, when the dice come to the side that has some don't pass bets and lay odds, they always find a way to knock them down and mess them up, especially when heeled.

This is why it is important for the Dealer to know exactly what the player wants and setup or straighten the bet accordingly right after it is made (and know the amounts wagered) and the dice are still in the center of the table.

Bridging the odds is a totally different animal and I get it right with color-to-color bets
Barber poles need to be heeled.

Box (suit) does have the final say as it is his/her table
and some have their ways (not others)
winsome johnny (not Win some johnny)
  • Jump to: