Blacjac06
Blacjac06
Joined: Sep 21, 2018
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 2
September 21st, 2018 at 11:34:06 PM permalink
I was playing three card poker tonight, and this situation came up. I just want to make sure I'm correct, and that the dealer was wrong.

I bet $10 on the ante. I was dealt 10-9-8 offsuit (a straight), and put $10 dollars on the play bet. The dealer had J-3-2 offsuit (jack high).

The dealer then paid me $10 on my ante bet win. I asked her wasn't I supposed to get paid $20? (i.e. $10 on the ante bet, and $10 on the ante bonus) She said no, because she only had jack high, and didn't qualify.

I'm almost positive that the correct amount I should have been paid was $20 on the ante win and ante bonus straight payout; and also that the dealer doesn't have to qualify for the ante bonus to come into effect.

Can someone confirm this? I asked a table game manager on the way out and he said the same thing, that the dealer has to qualify for the ante bonus to payout. It would be absolutely insane if even the floor doesn't know the rules of the game!!!

P.S. this wasn't the only hand that this dealer goofed up. She also tried to not pay off my ante and play bet wins when I had a flush against her ace high, because I didn't bet the pair plus????
heatmap
heatmap
Joined: Feb 12, 2018
  • Threads: 168
  • Posts: 1201
September 22nd, 2018 at 7:47:52 AM permalink
not this exact situation but i play at sands in pa and i was explaining the side bets to someone.

our side bets also count as part of the WHOLE bet.

so if the bet is 15 min. you can do 5 on the ante, 5 on a side bet and - what i thought was to be true - was also place 5 on the 777 side bet.

pit manager told me i had to bet 5 on the first side bet in order to bet 5 on the 777.

but i think he was wrong as players could choose to not to play the first side bet - in my case 21+3 extreme and kings bounty are all we have everywhere in the casino and freebet sprinkled around in random places.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
Joined: May 21, 2013
  • Threads: 99
  • Posts: 14230
September 22nd, 2018 at 8:01:58 AM permalink
Quote: Blacjac06

I was playing three card poker tonight, and this situation came up. I just want to make sure I'm correct, and that the dealer was wrong.

I bet $10 on the ante. I was dealt 10-9-8 offsuit (a straight), and put $10 dollars on the play bet. The dealer had J-3-2 offsuit (jack high).

The dealer then paid me $10 on my ante bet win. I asked her wasn't I supposed to get paid $20? (i.e. $10 on the ante bet, and $10 on the ante bonus) She said no, because she only had jack high, and didn't qualify.

I'm almost positive that the correct amount I should have been paid was $20 on the ante win and ante bonus straight payout; and also that the dealer doesn't have to qualify for the ante bonus to come into effect.

Can someone confirm this? I asked a table game manager on the way out and he said the same thing, that the dealer has to qualify for the ante bonus to payout. It would be absolutely insane if even the floor doesn't know the rules of the game!!!

P.S. this wasn't the only hand that this dealer goofed up. She also tried to not pay off my ante and play bet wins when I had a flush against her ace high, because I didn't bet the pair plus????



https://wizardofodds.com/games/three-card-poker/

When the dealer did not qualify and you bet the Play bet, you were supposed to be paid $10 Ante, and the Play bet pushed. Because of the straight, you were supposed to be paid $10 Ante Bonus, whether the dealer qualified or not, and whether you won, pushed, or lost the hand.

The Pair Plus bet is a completely separate bet, with its own edge, and is supposed to be optional. Your flush should have paid 1:1 on both Ante and Play bets because the dealer qualified.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
Joined: May 21, 2013
  • Threads: 99
  • Posts: 14230
Thanks for this post from:
Jmarch79
September 22nd, 2018 at 8:10:31 AM permalink
Quote: heatmap

not this exact situation but i play at sands in pa and i was explaining the side bets to someone.

our side bets also count as part of the WHOLE bet.

so if the bet is 15 min. you can do 5 on the ante, 5 on a side bet and - what i thought was to be true - was also place 5 on the 777 side bet.

pit manager told me i had to bet 5 on the first side bet in order to bet 5 on the 777.

but i think he was wrong as players could choose to not to play the first side bet - in my case 21+3 extreme and kings bounty are all we have everywhere in the casino and freebet sprinkled around in random places.



On side bets, all optional bets are independent, and just that, optional, when playing the main game. Nearly all games require you to bet the main game in order to play the side bet (s). A notable exception is that many casinos allow the 3CP pair plus bet to be bet by itself.

However, casinos have some discretion in their side bet play requirements, and it's become more and more common to find a bet only allowed if another side bet is also played. I saw this first about 6 years ago, when HarrahsLV started the million maker 6 card royal promotion on 3CP. In order to bet that, you were required to bet the Pairs Plus as well.

They can require what they want, subject to gaming jurisdiction. Some places only allow Top3 bet on 21+3 BJ side bet if you bet the 9:1 side bet as well, for example. Others allow either or both on each hand, as your feel like. It's up to them.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Blacjac06
Blacjac06
Joined: Sep 21, 2018
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 2
September 22nd, 2018 at 8:19:32 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

/games/three-card-poker/

When the dealer did not qualify and you bet the Play bet, you were supposed to be paid $10 Ante, and the Play bet pushed. Because of the straight, you were supposed to be paid $10 Ante Bonus, whether the dealer qualified or not, and whether you won, pushed, or lost the hand.

The Pair Plus bet is a completely separate bet, with its own edge, and is supposed to be optional. Your flush should have paid 1:1 on both Ante and Play bets because the dealer qualified.


Thank you. That's exactly what I thought. So I should have won $20 on that straight hand - the $10 ante win and the $10 even money ante bonus for the straight; and pushed on the play bet.

Again, the scary part is even the floor was wrong about this!!!!

It's like it completely blows the dealers' minds when you don't bet the pair plus. They start making all kinds of mistakes. It's horrible in my area, and I'm not sure what to do.

By the way, this was at the Eldorado Casino in Shreveport, Louisiana. Be forewarned.
FCBLComish
FCBLComish
Joined: Apr 11, 2010
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 549
September 22nd, 2018 at 4:38:35 PM permalink
As everyone else pointed out, the ANTE BONUS should be paid regardless of whether or not the dealer qualifies.

You should NEVER have to play a side bet in order to be paid for the regular game, unless the casino decides that the side bet is mandatory.

Sounds like the people in that casino need some retraining.
Beware, I work for the dark side.... We have cookies
MaxPen
MaxPen
Joined: Feb 4, 2015
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 3634
September 23rd, 2018 at 12:15:59 AM permalink
Yet you have people that feel obligated to correct casino overpays.
RS
RS
Joined: Feb 11, 2014
  • Threads: 62
  • Posts: 8623
Thanks for this post from:
Blacjac06
September 23rd, 2018 at 2:50:33 AM permalink
You're correct that you should have gotten paid those amounts in those two situations.


I used to be a dealer and....what you say is 1000000% correct. SO MANY dealers, floor people, and pit bosses are.....I don't even know how to word it, other than complete idiots. I guess the best way to describe it is this -- many just make stuff up as they go along. They're kinda just in their own little world, completely oblivious. The situation you presented isn't even all that "bad" compared to some s*** I've seen and heard. It's good these casinos exist for these people, otherwise they'd be starving on the streets, since many aren't even capable of getting hired at a fast food joint, grocery store, etc.

This isn't to say all dealers/floor/PBs are incompetent. Just that many are incompetent. Plenty are smart and not completely braindead.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1353
  • Posts: 22448
Thanks for this post from:
ontariodealerBlacjac06
September 23rd, 2018 at 3:12:12 AM permalink
I can confirm you were short-paid $10. The Ante Bonus is supposed to pay whether or not the dealer qualifies and whether or not the player wins. I've seen this mistake many times.

Other explanations talking about the Pairplus are confusing the issue. The Pairplus has nothing to do with it.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 180
  • Posts: 10302
September 23rd, 2018 at 8:18:38 AM permalink
Is this mentioned in the “How to play” brochure? Ask to see on and point it out.
I invented a few casino games. Info: http://www.DaveMillerGaming.com/ ————————————————————————————————————— Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? 😁

  • Jump to: