mdaje1
mdaje1
Joined: May 27, 2018
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 6
May 27th, 2018 at 7:07:55 AM permalink
Fellow crap players,
i've been playing this game for a quite a while now and have learned much of the game, what bets to avoid and what bets to make. i usually bet place bets, but unless there a long roll, you can get wiped out pretty quickly if your bankroll is not large enough. My buddy/mentor who played for years and then quit said you should make a pass line bet, take the odds and make two come bets and take the odds and that's it. i've run quite a few tests on this on the websites craps game and it seems to keep you above even. but casino play is far different than on a computer.

As a reader of "golden craps", the dominotor says to let 5 rolls go by before making any more bets besides your passline bets. if five rolls go by and the seven has not come, then the odds of your point being rolled go up dramatically.


Just wanted to hear from my fellow players on this.

Dave
Dave
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
  • Threads: 108
  • Posts: 7219
May 27th, 2018 at 7:16:13 AM permalink
Quote: mdaje1

Fellow crap players,
i've been playing this game for a quite a while now and have learned much of the game, what bets to avoid and what bets to make. i usually bet place bets, but unless there a long roll, you can get wiped out pretty quickly if your bankroll is not large enough. My buddy/mentor who played for years and then quit said you should make a pass line bet, take the odds and make two come bets and take the odds and that's it. i've run quite a few tests on this on the websites craps game and it seems to keep you above even. but casino play is far different than on a computer.

As a reader of "golden craps", the dominotor says to let 5 rolls go by before making any more bets besides your passline bets. if five rolls go by and the seven has not come, then the odds of your point being rolled go up dramatically.


Just wanted to hear from my fellow players on this.

Dave



Betting pass line has a defined small house edge. Betting the no house edge odds bets on top of a pass line bet now has your greater monetary bet as a fair proposition. It takes only a small amount of positive variance (good luck) to win at craps if you only bet pass line (or come bets which have the same house edge and rules) and maximum odds if a point is established.

As far as "it seems to keep you above even", it 'seems' wrong. Slightly more than 50% of the time you will lose if you are trying to double your money.

As far as the 'dominator', ....... what he tells you is not worth a wooden nickel.
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 180
  • Posts: 10302
May 27th, 2018 at 7:23:29 AM permalink
Quote: mdaje1

if five rolls go by and the seven has not come, then the odds of your point being rolled go up dramatically. j

Really? Why does that change the odds?


Gambler痴 Falicy. Look it up. Or just click here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambler%27s_fallacy
I invented a few casino games. Info: http://www.DaveMillerGaming.com/ 覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧 Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? 😁
mdaje1
mdaje1
Joined: May 27, 2018
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 6
May 27th, 2018 at 7:35:56 AM permalink
Thanks guys, I do appreciate the knowlege.


Dave
Dave
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
  • Threads: 265
  • Posts: 14484
May 27th, 2018 at 8:24:58 AM permalink
Quote: mdaje1

Thanks guys, I do appreciate the knowledge.

Always ask yourself the obvious but often disturbing question: Do the dice know that you've waited five rolls?

If the dice don't know it they won't change their behavior because of it.
mdaje1
mdaje1
Joined: May 27, 2018
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 6
May 27th, 2018 at 8:26:05 AM permalink
Understood, that's why they call it gambling.


Dave
Dave
FatGeezus
FatGeezus
Joined: Jun 12, 2010
  • Threads: 7
  • Posts: 500
May 27th, 2018 at 9:22:42 AM permalink
Quote: mdaje1

the dominotor says to let 5 rolls go by before making any more bets besides your passline bets. if five rolls go by and the seven has not come, then the odds of your point being rolled go up dramatically.



Yell as loud as you can for the point number to be made. If the point is #6 yell as loud as you can as the dice are being tossed "COME ON 6".

Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Good Luck
WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
Joined: May 20, 2011
  • Threads: 105
  • Posts: 1636
May 27th, 2018 at 11:50:55 AM permalink
Quote: mdaje1

Fellow crap players,
i've been playing this game for a quite a while now and have learned much of the game, what bets to avoid and what bets to make. i usually bet place bets, but unless there a long roll, you can get wiped out pretty quickly if your bankroll is not large enough. My buddy/mentor who played for years and then quit said you should make a pass line bet, take the odds and make two come bets and take the odds and that's it. i've run quite a few tests on this on the websites craps game and it seems to keep you above even. but casino play is far different than on a computer.

As a reader of "golden craps", the dominotor says to let 5 rolls go by before making any more bets besides your passline bets. if five rolls go by and the seven has not come, then the odds of your point being rolled go up dramatically.


Just wanted to hear from my fellow players on this.

Dave



You said that your buddy/mentor quit playing craps..... That is all you need to know about his mentorship. As the C - G O A T , I can tell you that waiting for 5 rolls and then jumping in on the roll is absolutely the WORST way to play craps.
Just curious...Does your mentor say the the each roll outcome is independent of the previous roll?

I remember playing on a table with a guy about 6 months ago. He thought he was the chief. He just hung at out at the corner rail with his not pad writing down every roll. Never placing a bet from the time I walked in. I asked him if he was ever going to place a bet. He told me that he only plays the numbers after someone rolls 12 numbers. I told him he will probably we at the table for another month before he places a bet. I, in turn, got on 3 rollers and hit 2-3 numbers on each of them and went off. Walk away with profits.. hit n run style! If you ever go to Delaware Park, look for the old gentleman with white beard, pony tail, and black button down shirt with a note pad. Im sure he is still waiting to place a bet.
'Winners hit n run... Losers stick around'
MrV
MrV
Joined: Feb 13, 2010
  • Threads: 310
  • Posts: 6775
May 27th, 2018 at 12:03:44 PM permalink
Why would the crew allow a guy like that to take up valuable table space for a long period of time without him making any bets?

Must not have been a busy table.

Out here they'd tell him to hit the road if somebody wants to belly up to a busy craps table and play in his place and stead.

OP, you described "the three point molly" (PL +2 comes bets), which is a favorite play of the math boys.

Me, I place six and eight almost exclusively.

Try different methods and find out which one you like the most.

None of them overcome the house edge against you.
"What, me worry?"
WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
Joined: May 20, 2011
  • Threads: 105
  • Posts: 1636
May 27th, 2018 at 12:15:44 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

Why would the crew allow a guy like that to take up valuable table space for a long period of time without him making any bets?

Must not have been a busy table.

Out here they'd tell him to hit the road if somebody wants to belly up to a busy craps table and play in his place and stead.



It wasnt very crowded. But who knows.... everyone has an angle in this world. Maybe he had a buddy who was the pit boss and was giving him good ratings for comps. He apparently bought in for 1000.
'Winners hit n run... Losers stick around'

  • Jump to: