veloceraptor
veloceraptor
  • Threads: 1
April 30th, 2015 at 6:42:30 PM permalink
I have a host at Caesars (I don't know what hotel they actually work at). She contacted me initially, I did not seek her out.

I go to Vegas for 2 day trips every once in a while. This year I've been only twice. I play about 15-20 hours of blackjack. My average bet is probably about $100-$125/hand. I contacted my host to book me a room. I asked for either Planet Hollywood, Flamingo, Bally's, or Caesars. These were for Tuesday and Wednesday nights in back to back weeks. She said she could get me PH the first trip, but could only get me a room at the Linq for the second trip. I guess it is a free room so I can't complain too much, but whatever.

I asked her before the trips if she could get rid of the resort fee. She told me to contact her after each trip so she could review my play. Okay, I guess, but it's a resort fee that shouldn't really be charged anyway, that gave me a little bit of a sour taste in my mouth. For the first stay I put $30 in food on my bill. I emailed her after the stay thanking her for setting everything up and to ask if she could comp me for the meal and resort fee. My credit card was not charged, so I assume she took it off, but it may have been someone else as she did not respond to my email.

In the second stay I got a Caesars dinner buffet and a couple coffees at Starbucks and put them on my room. I had to leave at like midnight and emailed her asking her if she could remove those charges from my room. I played about 20 hours and cannot imagine my average bet was less than $125 as I spent most of my time in high limit areas. She responded to my email telling me to talk with someone in hospitality at the hotel so that they could review my play. I thought that is what she was supposed to do. I had already left Vegas so that wasn't really an option. Anyway, I called the hotel and after waiting for like 10 minutes I finally got someone on the phone that could help and she looked up my account and told me I already had a host and I should contact her. I told her my host said to contact a hospitality host. The lady on the phone said "She is your hospitality host. Why does she want you to contact someone else?" Obviously I don't know the answer to that, but she put me on hold for a couple minutes, came back and said she reviewed my account and that it's not a problem to take off those charges.

My first question is: am I asking for too much to have about $115 removed ($40 of which are resort fees)?
Second: Do I have a bad host?
Third: Is it possible to get a different host?
Fourth: Do you think I can negotiate before-hand about maybe getting like two buffets and another $20 in F&B credit for my stay? Is it possible to negotiate transportation to and from the airport (I'd be fine with a shuttle or something, doesn't have to be a limo)?

For comparison, I played for like 4 hours at Bellagio at $100-$150 a hand and the pit boss came over to me asking if I was hungry and said he put credit for a buffet and line pass onto my MLife card; that's why I'm questioning my current situation as I usually play exclusively at TR properties.
ahiromu
ahiromu
  • Threads: 112
April 30th, 2015 at 7:16:38 PM permalink
I'm about a peg below you ($75-$100 avg bet) and my experience at MLife has involved a room at NYNY and $200-250 in cash equivalents (including $75 in resort fees for 3 nights). However, my play is at PGP (high HE) and craps. MLife SUCKS at handing out offers... or even letting you know you have them.

Assuming you are reporting a fair representation of your play AND your play is getting recorded properly, my only guess is that you are playing one of their S17 games and have shown yourself to be a consistent winner (not losing). This is just a guess and I'm not really an expert with regards to hosts.

Good luck
Its - Possessive; It's - "It is" / "It has"; There - Location; Their - Possessive; They're - "They are"
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
April 30th, 2015 at 7:17:25 PM permalink
Quote: veloceraptor

I have a host at Caesars (I don't know what hotel they actually work at). She contacted me initially, I did not seek her out.

I go to Vegas for 2 day trips every once in a while. This year I've been only twice. I play about 15-20 hours of blackjack. My average bet is probably about $100-$125/hand. I contacted my host to book me a room. I asked for either Planet Hollywood, Flamingo, Bally's, or Caesars. These were for Tuesday and Wednesday nights in back to back weeks. She said she could get me PH the first trip, but could only get me a room at the Linq for the second trip. I guess it is a free room so I can't complain too much, but whatever.

I asked her before the trips if she could get rid of the resort fee. She told me to contact her after each trip so she could review my play. Okay, I guess, but it's a resort fee that shouldn't really be charged anyway, that gave me a little bit of a sour taste in my mouth. For the first stay I put $30 in food on my bill. I emailed her after the stay thanking her for setting everything up and to ask if she could comp me for the meal and resort fee. My credit card was not charged, so I assume she took it off, but it may have been someone else as she did not respond to my email.

In the second stay I got a Caesars dinner buffet and a couple coffees at Starbucks and put them on my room. I had to leave at like midnight and emailed her asking her if she could remove those charges from my room. I played about 20 hours and cannot imagine my average bet was less than $125 as I spent most of my time in high limit areas. She responded to my email telling me to talk with someone in hospitality at the hotel so that they could review my play. I thought that is what she was supposed to do. I had already left Vegas so that wasn't really an option. Anyway, I called the hotel and after waiting for like 10 minutes I finally got someone on the phone that could help and she looked up my account and told me I already had a host and I should contact her. I told her my host said to contact a hospitality host. The lady on the phone said "She is your hospitality host. Why does she want you to contact someone else?" Obviously I don't know the answer to that, but she put me on hold for a couple minutes, came back and said she reviewed my account and that it's not a problem to take off those charges.

My first question is: am I asking for too much to have about $115 removed ($40 of which are resort fees)?
Second: Do I have a bad host?
Third: Is it possible to get a different host?
Fourth: Do you think I can negotiate before-hand about maybe getting like two buffets and another $20 in F&B credit for my stay? Is it possible to negotiate transportation to and from the airport (I'd be fine with a shuttle or something, doesn't have to be a limo)?

For comparison, I played for like 4 hours at Bellagio at $100-$150 a hand and the pit boss came over to me asking if I was hungry and said he put credit for a buffet and line pass onto my MLife card; that's why I'm questioning my current situation as I usually play exclusively at TR properties.

Sounds like certain hosts I have dealt with -- hosts really do not seem to ever go out of their way unless you are betting $500/hand -- meanwhile, they complain that there are not enough "good players" - I would like to believe a black chip player is a good player for them - but, it seems they all want to be the next Steve Cyr
veloceraptor
veloceraptor
  • Threads: 1
May 1st, 2015 at 5:49:01 PM permalink
I just checked my total rewards account and they took away all of my rewards credits to pay off my bill. I never told them that I was okay with that.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
May 1st, 2015 at 6:02:13 PM permalink

I just checked my total rewards account and they took away all of my rewards credits to pay off my bill. I never told them that I was okay with that.

That is CZR Policy as far as I know. They always take earned comps before any discretionary comps, if you get them.
Kavouras
Kavouras
  • Threads: 5
May 1st, 2015 at 7:43:33 PM permalink
It is natural to seek a good deal.
However if you think about it, the amount we are talking about here is less than your average hand.

If gambling "taught" me one thing is to not care for pennies when I gamble for hundreds. I guess this could be viewed as a bad lesson, since it makes me less careful with money and I'm not a millionaire.
http://www.Roulette30.com
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
May 1st, 2015 at 7:49:15 PM permalink
Quote: Kavouras

It is natural to seek a good deal.
However if you think about it, the amount we are talking about here is less than your average hand.

If gambling "taught" me one thing is to not care for pennies when I gamble for hundreds. I guess this could be viewed as a bad lesson, since it makes me less careful with money and I'm not a millionaire.

That's weird cause gambling taught me the opposite. Knew I was getting something wrong!
100% risk of ruin
pokerface
pokerface
  • Threads: 12
May 1st, 2015 at 8:11:53 PM permalink
"She is your hospitality host. Why does she want you to contact someone else?"

My understanding is that when your host told you to contact someone else, she meant to say that she was no longer, or didn't want to be, your host anymore.
winning streaks come and go, losing streak never ends.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
May 1st, 2015 at 11:31:04 PM permalink
I stay almost exclusively at CET properties, and I have a host at Harrah's LV who can do most anything for me. That said, if I'm in one of their other properties, I go to the VIP checkout if I have room charges, and an on-site host writes them off for me, not my main host; he only does that if I'm staying at Harrah's. The check-out desk can do this as well after looking at your play if the VIP area is closed.

Some things that might help:

They do take your RC's first, no matter what level you are, when comping.

If you call ahead of time, as you did, ask the question then about pre-approved buffets or meals if you want. However, unless I have a TR offer that provides for that, I don't bother. I just charge everything to the room, and the on-site host writes it off after my stay.

Get your Diamond or above to get rid of resort fees; it changed this year from Platinum and up. I don't think the hosts have a lot of discretion about that any more; would take a great deal higher ADT than you likely had. But you can always ask.

Check out in person and ask to have your play reviewed, no matter what time it is. Afterwards on the phone isn't nearly as effective.

I disagree with pokerface; the hospitality host does not replace an on-site host. They just have a few more tools to work with initially, can set you up at properties where you don't have a host, but the on-site host is the one to write things off at checkout. She's not blowing you off, she's telling you how to work it. Don't know why you got the answer you did from the on-site person. I had one of those hospitality hosts contact me, and in the email she specifically said she's not there to replace your usual host.

I don't play at nearly your $$ level, and I haven't paid for CET meals/whatever for years. I just do what I told you above.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
May 2nd, 2015 at 9:55:58 AM permalink

They did that to me, too! I hate that!

I pretty much never use my reward credits for anything except food, and I have 5 or 6 $100 food coupons now so I'm not really concerned, but still . . . not cool.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
  • Jump to: