hawlan
hawlan
  • Threads: 1
May 16th, 2010 at 7:53:47 AM permalink
Does anyone know the house edge of "elite baccarat" ?

elite baccarat web site:
gambler
gambler
  • Threads: 112
May 16th, 2010 at 9:01:15 AM permalink
The website states:

"Add excitement to traditional baccarat play with new bets and play options after the first four cards have been turned. Dynamically calculated odds create the opportunity for a higher house advantage on increased bet volumes while maintaining the same drawing rules and commission structure as the traditional game of baccarat with increased player excitement."

So for normal banker, player, tie bets, the house edge would be identical, except for the fact that you can have more bets per hour. Regarding the new optional bets, someone with more math skills then me would have to figure that out.

I would argue that this game might be good for a novice player wanting to see what baccarat is all about. However, high rollers like to be serviced and pampered at large baccarat tables with a lot of fawning floormen and dealers who attend to their every needs. Besides, high limit baccarat players aren't there for a fast paced game. Baccarat is about "skill" and "fate", which can not be rushed. I think that normal baccarat games deal about 30ish hands per hour.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
May 16th, 2010 at 9:25:57 AM permalink
I played the online version for thirty minutes. This may be what takes the place of mini-bac in some locations but I can't see it taking the place of the big tables. The side bets are just more ways for the house to take a low HA game and change it a bit with some higher HA bets. It even says so on the web site.

RFID chips and this game would take away any extra ratings you get currently by being nice and tipping well...it all becomes an even more scientific formula. I guess it'll be great for non-tippers with crappy attitudes--they'll get the exact same rating as a similar player with a good attitude and a history of tipping well.
gambler
gambler
  • Threads: 112
May 16th, 2010 at 9:40:20 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

I guess it'll be great for non-tippers with crappy attitudes--they'll get the exact same rating as a similar player with a good attitude and a history of tipping well.

That's very true RonC. I would consider myself fairly generous when it comes to tips, but if a machine is doing 90% of the work, my tips would scale down drastically. And my rating would be 100% accurate.
  • Jump to: