Malaru
Malaru
  • Threads: 79
May 12th, 2010 at 1:00:32 PM permalink
I think I read where the wizard never plays the pair plus (or dont most of the time) on three card poker... and I think I rememb er him saying that in three card poker the best ratio option for ante vs PP bet to be all on ante.

https://wizardofodds.com/houseedge this part of his site shows a lower house edge on the pairplus then the ante/raise- is this particuler page a misprint?
"Although men flatter themselves with their great actions, they are not so often the result of a great design as of chance." - Francois De La Rochefoucauld
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
May 12th, 2010 at 1:34:14 PM permalink
Quote: Malaru

is this particuler page a misprint?

Yes. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. That was based on the old liberal 1/4/6/30/40 pay table, which is no longer the standard. While I appreciate the correction, I would prefer that error reports be sent to me directly via the contact form.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Malaru
Malaru
  • Threads: 79
May 12th, 2010 at 2:30:50 PM permalink
So the older pay table on pairplus actually was a better bet then the reguler ante? This makes me ask was the pairplus considered a side bet or actually ment as two compleatly seperate games in one. I know tis advertised as two games so to speak but I thought the pairplus bet was actually and technically a side bet which should have always have had a lower house edge.

also sorry for posting it here- wasnt sure how to bring it up- but now you got me on a tangent on the same subject. :)
"Although men flatter themselves with their great actions, they are not so often the result of a great design as of chance." - Francois De La Rochefoucauld
  • Jump to: