Zer0
Zer0
  • Threads: 36
February 28th, 2014 at 1:55:31 PM permalink
This has only happened once but one time I was playing let it ride and they burn one card beflre they deal the rest. One dealer wasn't doing a very good job of hiding it and I could see it every time until the dealer changed. If this happens how does this on average affect the house edge if at all?
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
  • Threads: 32
February 28th, 2014 at 2:05:48 PM permalink
Quote: Zer0

This has only happened once but one time I was playing let it ride and they burn one card beflre they deal the rest. One dealer wasn't doing a very good job of hiding it and I could see it every time until the dealer changed. If this happens how does this on average affect the house edge if at all?

One card? Probably not much. Can't you usually see a card or two from another player?
Zer0
Zer0
  • Threads: 36
February 28th, 2014 at 9:40:56 PM permalink
Quote: AxiomOfChoice

One card? Probably not much. Can't you usually see a card or two from another player?

Oh god yeah the place I go to doesn't even care that much about people seeing what other players have in LiR, mainly because most of the people smart enough to make stratagey out of it don't play LiR in the first place over there. People always comment on each other's hands , at least the guy next to them anyway. You probably couldn't flaunt your hand to the whole table but it never fails to hear a "what do you got? Oh nice! Hell of a lot better than my hand!" Kind of conversation a few times a session. I was just seeing what effect seeing a burned card plus maybe what the guy next to you has on your odds.
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
  • Threads: 32
February 28th, 2014 at 9:48:12 PM permalink
Quote: Zer0

Oh god yeah the place I go to doesn't even care that much about people seeing what other players have in LiR, mainly because most of the people smart enough to make stratagey out of it don't play LiR in the first place over there. People always comment on each other's hands , at least the guy next to them anyway. You probably couldn't flaunt your hand to the whole table but it never fails to hear a "what do you got? Oh nice! Hell of a lot better than my hand!" Kind of conversation a few times a session. I was just seeing what effect seeing a burned card plus maybe what the guy next to you has on your odds.

I haven't actually done any analysis for the value of collusion in LIR. Since the situation that you describe is common (in poker-based carnie games they don't usually care about table talk, and seeing the cards of the people sitting beside you is common) I assume that it really is not worth very much at all, otherwise APs would be all over the game.
  • Jump to: