tfox39
tfox39
  • Threads: 1
June 12th, 2012 at 7:13:14 AM permalink
The first hand of an online tournament I was dealt pocket QQ.In a heads up flop it comes K,Q,7, turn comes another 7 the river was a low card I think a 3. Both of us go all in on the river. Me holding Q,Q,Q,7,7 and my opponent held pocket 7,7, giving him quads 7,7,7,7,K. I took an hour break after this. Sat back down and the first hand of the next tournament I'm dealt J,J. Again in a heads up flop it comes Q,J,4. Both my opponent and I move all in after the flop. I'm holding mid set feeling like I have to be ahead. My opponent turns over top set QQ. So 1 hand after losing Queens full of 7s I lose mid set to top set. I don't know if I should play on this site anymore. What do you guys think? Can this feasibly happen without it being rigged?
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
June 12th, 2012 at 7:17:25 AM permalink
Quote: tfox39

Can this feasibly happen without it being rigged?

Of course it can, but it probably didn't...:-/
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
tfox39
tfox39
June 12th, 2012 at 7:20:13 AM permalink
Do you think it is rigged?
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
June 12th, 2012 at 7:21:22 AM permalink
You can't tell from two hands. But if you don't trust the site, don't play there.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
tfox39
tfox39
June 12th, 2012 at 7:22:43 AM permalink
It happened on Bovada and I've heard good things about that site. But that was so gross. I wonder what the odds of that happening back to back hands is?
Gabes22
Gabes22
  • Threads: 15
June 12th, 2012 at 7:24:17 AM permalink
Yeah, you can't really tell off of a sample that small, but some of the most dangerous pots in Texas Hold 'Em are when the board pairs. That is when some of the biggest money changes hands.
A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish
slyther
slyther
  • Threads: 13
June 12th, 2012 at 9:38:48 AM permalink
These things happen. But as others have said if you don't trust the site, don't play there.
wcd1960
wcd1960
  • Threads: 0
June 15th, 2012 at 5:38:25 PM permalink
Use common sense if it stinks don't step in it.
you will never get a straight answer about online poker online. you will get words like variance and be called a bad player etc. To explain why you see this time and time again online and not so often in live games. You will be told its because you see more hands online and so on.

I would love to find a legit online game , but no matter what online site you chose it will be the same . I do not know if the reason is a out right scam or they cannot design a program too simulate live poker with live poker odds . on Bovada you will see the flop come a pair with two of the same suit time and time again .
you do the math there are 9 player's dealt 2 cards preflop out of a 52 card deck and there are 4 of the each denotation and 4 suites but the flop will most likely have a pair and two of the same suit like Q Q 5 the Q and 5 being of the same suit.

The other thing that happens more then often is if there is alot of preflop action with say 3 or 4 player's in the hand the flop will come 3 of the same suit'

I could go on.

dont believe me play 500 hands online and 500 hands live

keep a record you will see it doesn't add up online
P90
P90
  • Threads: 12
June 15th, 2012 at 5:51:04 PM permalink
Quote: tfox39

What do you guys think? Can this feasibly happen without it being rigged?

If I understood Cantonese, I would probably be an expert on Chinese death curses by now.

There's only so many times - well, exactly ling - that you can reveal with your betting sequence that you have quad aces, have it fly over your opponent's head as he shoves his full house, and not hear a word as you are collecting his stack.
Resist ANFO Boston PRISM Stormfront IRA Freedom CIA Obama
dihaig
dihaig
  • Threads: 16
June 15th, 2012 at 6:34:21 PM permalink
I've played thousands of hands of online poker at the old bodog and new bovada. This is not that unusual. If you play much poker you will get used to bad beats. I could tell multiple stories but nobody really cares.
MathsMarie
MathsMarie
  • Threads: 6
June 19th, 2012 at 7:56:13 PM permalink
I care! hahahaha just joking! Though it's really creepy to know that you can even get tricked online... What happened to the world!? hahahaha ok again joking and sorry for interrupting your post :/
If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.-Someone
  • Jump to: