pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
July 23rd, 2011 at 10:39:28 PM permalink
Captain America manages to come off as a believable World War II comic book without seeming too saccharine. Chris Evans does a decent job, which is pretty impressive given how over simplistic his characterization of the Johnny Storm (aka The Human Torch) was in Fantastic Four.

He seemed to have genuine chemistry with Hayley Atwell (who is mostly known as a highbrow TV actress ). The lack of chemistry was a major let down in Thor. Support cast with Tommy Lee Jones and Hugo Weaving is more solid than in many of these movies.

Good film that is one of the more watchable of the Marvel Group.
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
July 25th, 2011 at 10:16:07 AM permalink
Is it worth it to pay extra for the 3-D version?
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
July 25th, 2011 at 10:29:06 AM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

Is it worth it to pay extra for the 3-D version?

it looked fine in 2-Dees. I'm still trying to figure out the odd use of Siegfried's funeral march in the middle of the film though. It was jarringly out of place and chopped up. I missed the whole point of the scene because I was expecting the portrait painter to get a spear in the back or something.
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
July 25th, 2011 at 12:37:39 PM permalink
Quote: s2dbaker

I'm still trying to figure out the odd use of Siegfried's funeral march in the middle of the film though. It was jarringly out of place and chopped up. I missed the whole point of the scene because I was expecting the portrait painter to get a spear in the back or something.

I was under the impression that the entire score was an original works by Alan Silvestri.
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
July 25th, 2011 at 1:18:23 PM permalink
Quote: pacomartin

I was under the impression that the entire score was an original works by Alan Silvestri.

Unless he's taking credit for Götterdämmerung, I don't think so.
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
  • Jump to: