rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 172
September 20th, 2021 at 5:24:03 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

For the most part, I view it like playing Monopoly -- sometimes you land in jail.

• link to original post

Cool! As a kid, if we landed on Free Parking we got a bunch of money.
    Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
    TwelveOr21
    TwelveOr21
    • Threads: 0
    September 20th, 2021 at 7:00:49 PM permalink

Through the years, I know I have made a lot of people angry over suspensions. I wish to say that I'm trying to police this board as best I can and it should be expected that there will be disagreements about it. Such disagreements have become heated at times, to which I'm known to get snippy.

I just wish to say that, except for two people, I harbor no hard personal feelings about any member of the forum and wish everyone else well. It is not my intention to cause any stress or hard feelings. For the most part, I view it like playing Monopoly -- sometimes you land in jail.

• link to original post

Can I have a get out of jail free card please?
    Wizard
    Administrator
    Wizard 
    • Threads: 1392
    Thanks for this post from:
    Calder
    September 20th, 2021 at 7:47:48 PM permalink
    Quote: rxwine

Cool! As a kid, if we landed on Free Parking we got a bunch of money.

• link to original post

I hate that rule! It is not to be found in the original Parker Brothers rules. Monopoly is a carefully designed balance between skill and luck. The free parking rule only throws this off balance, by making it too much luck. Too often does a good competitive game get ruined by one player getting a windfall from free parking and building hotels on all over the board.
    It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
    Wellbush
    Wellbush
    • Threads: 11
    September 20th, 2021 at 7:50:48 PM permalink

Too often does a good competitive game get ruined by one player getting a windfall from free parking and building hotels on all over the board.

• link to original post

yeah. it would be far better if there were limits on the number of houses/hotels one could accumulate.
    All persons reading my posts gamble at their own risk, as I do. I don't ordinarily dispute math. I may dispute math I don't understand, or if I think it's faulty. I am not a conspiracy theorist.
    TwelveOr21
    TwelveOr21
    • Threads: 0
    September 20th, 2021 at 7:52:17 PM permalink
    Quote: Wellbush

Too often does a good competitive game get ruined by one player getting a windfall from free parking and building hotels on all over the board.

• link to original post

yeah. it would be far better if there were limits on the number of houses/hotels one could accumulate.
  • link to original post

Not a fan of capitalism?
    Dieter
    Administrator
    Dieter 
    • Threads: 8
    September 20th, 2021 at 7:55:26 PM permalink

• link to original post

• link to original post

What, did you add game pieces to the set?
    May the cards fall in your favor.
    Wellbush
    Wellbush
    September 20th, 2021 at 7:56:22 PM permalink
    Quote: TwelveOr21

Not a fan of capitalism?

• link to original post

wasn't thinking about that. just that the game can end up being lop-sided too quickly. want a game that goes the distance
    All persons reading my posts gamble at their own risk, as I do. I don't ordinarily dispute math. I may dispute math I don't understand, or if I think it's faulty. I am not a conspiracy theorist.
    Wellbush
    Wellbush
    September 20th, 2021 at 7:58:59 PM permalink
    Quote: Dieter

• link to original post

no, just that some players can gobble up too many properties that it makes a lopsided game too quickly
    Dieter
    Administrator
    Dieter 
    • Threads: 8
    Thanks for this post from:
    TwelveOr21
    September 20th, 2021 at 7:59:59 PM permalink

• link to original post

no, just that some players can gobble up too many properties that it makes a lopsided game too quickly
  • link to original post

Why, it's almost as if they've monopolized the limited resources for exploitation.
    May the cards fall in your favor.
    Wellbush
    Wellbush
    September 20th, 2021 at 8:04:31 PM permalink

Why, it's almost as if they've monopolized the limited resources for exploitation.

• link to original post

and?

• Jump to: