Thread Rating:

Cleopatra
Cleopatra
  • Threads: 0
Thanks for this post from:
unJonPapaChubbyWTflushsmoothgrh
July 2nd, 2020 at 3:51:25 AM permalink
I've thought about posting this - since finding out last night that I am positive for Covid-19.

I went back and forth about a daily post describing how I'm feeling, symptom changes, etc... I was against it at first. I don't want sympathy! Many millions have contracted it - and the vast majority have recovered - as I fully expect to. But I guess what convinced me to post was just how subtle my symptoms were for almost 24 hours. So I guess I want to let people know ( My hospital's Infectious Disease Dept. told me on the phone this morning my pattern was becoming "textbook" Covid.)

The very first time I noticed anything at all was Wednesday evening (day 1). Just a slight tickle in my throat. Not even pain. Just more of a tickle.

I woke up yesterday morning and Iíd say it was a 0.5/10 tickle in my throat. Like suuuuuper mild. So mild I attributed it to either my condo being dry or even some ash in the air from a fire thatís been going about 20 miles away. I get these symptoms often through the year and have thought about a bedroom humidifier. So I wasn't alarmed at all.

It stayed exactly that way throughout the day yesterday (day 2 is what I'm calling it). I even worked out at like 5p when I got home last night. Didnít really think anything of it. Felt fine otherwise.

By 6p last night, it was up to a 3-4/10 sore throat. Def noticeable. I also started feeling like I needed to cough - but couldnít. I did cough here and there with no production. More of a forced thing. An hour later is when I went for testing.

Around 8-9p the body aches started. I played it off to sitting in a chair for an hour waiting for my test results, but by the time I got home I felt in full on flu mode.

Woke up this morning (day 3) feeling exactly the same. Havenít coughed once today (maybe coughed a total of 10x yesterday evening), but I feel wore out. Granted my sleep was broken, but I feel beat up.

No fever at all throughout the process - I've been 98.2F or so all day today.

Iíve napped a bunch. Maybe an hour ago I felt like my nose was getting a tiny bit congested. Not runny at all, but every guy knows the feeling when you can really spit. That's what I'm describing.
Overall ill just kinda feels like the flu 🤷🏻‍♀️

Anyway, I'll try to post everyday with an update on how I'm feeling and any changes to my symptoms.
Just call me Cleo
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 232
Cleopatra
July 2nd, 2020 at 6:45:50 AM permalink
Quote: Cleopatra

I've thought about posting this - since finding out last night that I am positive for Covid-19.

I went back and forth about a daily post describing how I'm feeling, symptom changes, etc... I was against it at first. I don't want sympathy! Many millions have contracted it - and the vast majority have recovered - as I fully expect to. But I guess what convinced me to post was just how subtle my symptoms were for almost 24 hours. So I guess I want to let people know ( My hospital's Infectious Disease Dept. told me on the phone this morning my pattern was becoming "textbook" Covid.)

The very first time I noticed anything at all was Wednesday evening (day 1). Just a slight tickle in my throat. Not even pain. Just more of a tickle.

I woke up yesterday morning and Iíd say it was a 0.5/10 tickle in my throat. Like suuuuuper mild. So mild I attributed it to either my condo being dry or even some ash in the air from a fire thatís been going about 20 miles away. I get these symptoms often through the year and have thought about a bedroom humidifier. So I wasn't alarmed at all.

It stayed exactly that way throughout the day yesterday (day 2 is what I'm calling it). I even worked out at like 5p when I got home last night. Didnít really think anything of it. Felt fine otherwise.

By 6p last night, it was up to a 3-4/10 sore throat. Def noticeable. I also started feeling like I needed to cough - but couldnít. I did cough here and there with no production. More of a forced thing. An hour later is when I went for testing.

Around 8-9p the body aches started. I played it off to sitting in a chair for an hour waiting for my test results, but by the time I got home I felt in full on flu mode.

Woke up this morning (day 3) feeling exactly the same. Havenít coughed once today (maybe coughed a total of 10x yesterday evening), but I feel wore out. Granted my sleep was broken, but I feel beat up.

No fever at all throughout the process - I've been 98.2F or so all day today.

Iíve napped a bunch. Maybe an hour ago I felt like my nose was getting a tiny bit congested. Not runny at all, but every guy knows the feeling when you can really spit. That's what I'm describing.
Overall ill just kinda feels like the flu 🤷🏻‍♀️

Anyway, I'll try to post everyday with an update on how I'm feeling and any changes to my symptoms.

Thanks and good luck.

It hits everyone a bit different.

Perhaps have someone you know as an alternate who can post here if there is a day you just can't.

Hopefully if you can't post it's only how you feel and not more serious like hospitalization.

Again good luck on recovery
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
Cleopatra
Cleopatra
July 2nd, 2020 at 10:39:17 AM permalink
Iím sure there is some Uber nerdy Star Trek way to chronicle today... Captainís log... Day 4

But to the surprise of many I assume Iím not. But I wish I was 🙅🏻‍♀️

So anyway, after posting last night, I started sneezing quite a bit. Felt like the nasal congestion was running down the back of my throat as well.

I have mostly lost my sense of smell. Itís kind of bizarre.

This morning (day 4) I havenít sneezed at all - or coughed for that matter. But the body aches are no joke. My lower back feels like itís been hit with a blunt object repeatedly.

No fever - 97.8F this morning. Loading up on vitamins, Airborne, and honey (I bought pure honeycomb a while back - I add some to smoothies!)

Anyway, thatís all thatís happening here. Iím suuuuper bored lol.

Enjoy your day.
Last edited by: Cleopatra on Jul 2, 2020
Just call me Cleo
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1323
Cleopatra
July 2nd, 2020 at 11:26:06 AM permalink
Thank you for sharing your CV story with us. If you haven't yet, please reach out to kewlj, who is a survivor and active member here. I know you're not asking for pity, but I hope your recovery comes soon and the worst of your problems for now is boredom.

With your permission, I'd like to make a separate thread for this.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
Cleopatra
Cleopatra
July 2nd, 2020 at 11:28:22 AM permalink
Thank you 🙏

Quote: Wizard

Thank you for sharing your CV story with us. If you haven't yet, please reach out to kewlj, who is a survivor and active member here. I know you're not asking for pity, but I hope your recovery comes soon and the worst of your problems for now is boredom.

Just call me Cleo
Cleopatra
Cleopatra
July 2nd, 2020 at 11:32:57 AM permalink
Sure! Let me know once is done.
Quote: Wizard

Just call me Cleo
redietz
redietz
  • Threads: 10
Cleopatra
July 2nd, 2020 at 11:33:58 AM permalink
Cleo,

Good luck. I see by your profile that you're 30 years old. Might be helpful to others if you let people know if you have any underlying risk conditions or not. Did you get the nasal swab? I know a handful of people who were tested locally. One nurse was brutal with the swab (it was described as a fishing hook up the nose) and one friend who got her had clumps of blood coming out of his nose afterwards. The other nurse on duty was easy peazy, so experiences may vary quite a bit.
"You can't breathe dead hippo waking, sleeping, and eating, and at the same time keep your precarious grip on existence."
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1323
July 2nd, 2020 at 1:04:00 PM permalink
This thread is a split-off from Coronavirus Math.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
  • Threads: 178
Cleopatra
July 2nd, 2020 at 2:28:54 PM permalink
Interesting read so far.

If you havenít already, watch Mikeís interview with Angela.

Youíre the first person I know (and I donít really know ya), that has it.

So, yeah, a day by day diary would be an interesting / welcome thing.

Best wishes.
I hope it has a happy ending. 👍
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? 😁 Note that the same could be said for Religion. I.E. Religion is nothing more than organized superstition. 🤗
UP84
UP84
  • Threads: 3
July 2nd, 2020 at 2:37:47 PM permalink
Cleo,
Best wishes on your recovery, and please keep us posted.

Mike,
Thanks, this works much better as a split off from the Coronavirus Math thread, although there is a slight covid math related issue present here:
2,729,287 + 1 = 2,729,288

• Jump to: