Thread Rating:

Cleopatra
Cleopatra
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 26
Joined: Jul 2, 2020
Thanked by
unJonPapaChubbyWTflushsmoothgrh
July 2nd, 2020 at 3:51:25 AM permalink
I've thought about posting this - since finding out last night that I am positive for Covid-19.

I went back and forth about a daily post describing how I'm feeling, symptom changes, etc... I was against it at first. I don't want sympathy! Many millions have contracted it - and the vast majority have recovered - as I fully expect to. But I guess what convinced me to post was just how subtle my symptoms were for almost 24 hours. So I guess I want to let people know ( My hospital's Infectious Disease Dept. told me on the phone this morning my pattern was becoming "textbook" Covid.)

The very first time I noticed anything at all was Wednesday evening (day 1). Just a slight tickle in my throat. Not even pain. Just more of a tickle.

I woke up yesterday morning and Iíd say it was a 0.5/10 tickle in my throat. Like suuuuuper mild. So mild I attributed it to either my condo being dry or even some ash in the air from a fire thatís been going about 20 miles away. I get these symptoms often through the year and have thought about a bedroom humidifier. So I wasn't alarmed at all.

It stayed exactly that way throughout the day yesterday (day 2 is what I'm calling it). I even worked out at like 5p when I got home last night. Didnít really think anything of it. Felt fine otherwise.

By 6p last night, it was up to a 3-4/10 sore throat. Def noticeable. I also started feeling like I needed to cough - but couldnít. I did cough here and there with no production. More of a forced thing. An hour later is when I went for testing.

Around 8-9p the body aches started. I played it off to sitting in a chair for an hour waiting for my test results, but by the time I got home I felt in full on flu mode.

Woke up this morning (day 3) feeling exactly the same. Havenít coughed once today (maybe coughed a total of 10x yesterday evening), but I feel wore out. Granted my sleep was broken, but I feel beat up.

No fever at all throughout the process - I've been 98.2F or so all day today.

Iíve napped a bunch. Maybe an hour ago I felt like my nose was getting a tiny bit congested. Not runny at all, but every guy knows the feeling when you can really spit. That's what I'm describing.
Overall ill just kinda feels like the flu 🤷🏻‍♀️

Anyway, I'll try to post everyday with an update on how I'm feeling and any changes to my symptoms.
Just call me Cleo
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
  • Posts: 11556
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
Thanked by
Cleopatra
July 2nd, 2020 at 6:45:50 AM permalink
Quote: Cleopatra

I've thought about posting this - since finding out last night that I am positive for Covid-19.

I went back and forth about a daily post describing how I'm feeling, symptom changes, etc... I was against it at first. I don't want sympathy! Many millions have contracted it - and the vast majority have recovered - as I fully expect to. But I guess what convinced me to post was just how subtle my symptoms were for almost 24 hours. So I guess I want to let people know ( My hospital's Infectious Disease Dept. told me on the phone this morning my pattern was becoming "textbook" Covid.)

The very first time I noticed anything at all was Wednesday evening (day 1). Just a slight tickle in my throat. Not even pain. Just more of a tickle.

I woke up yesterday morning and Iíd say it was a 0.5/10 tickle in my throat. Like suuuuuper mild. So mild I attributed it to either my condo being dry or even some ash in the air from a fire thatís been going about 20 miles away. I get these symptoms often through the year and have thought about a bedroom humidifier. So I wasn't alarmed at all.

It stayed exactly that way throughout the day yesterday (day 2 is what I'm calling it). I even worked out at like 5p when I got home last night. Didnít really think anything of it. Felt fine otherwise.

By 6p last night, it was up to a 3-4/10 sore throat. Def noticeable. I also started feeling like I needed to cough - but couldnít. I did cough here and there with no production. More of a forced thing. An hour later is when I went for testing.

Around 8-9p the body aches started. I played it off to sitting in a chair for an hour waiting for my test results, but by the time I got home I felt in full on flu mode.

Woke up this morning (day 3) feeling exactly the same. Havenít coughed once today (maybe coughed a total of 10x yesterday evening), but I feel wore out. Granted my sleep was broken, but I feel beat up.

No fever at all throughout the process - I've been 98.2F or so all day today.

Iíve napped a bunch. Maybe an hour ago I felt like my nose was getting a tiny bit congested. Not runny at all, but every guy knows the feeling when you can really spit. That's what I'm describing.
Overall ill just kinda feels like the flu 🤷🏻‍♀️

Anyway, I'll try to post everyday with an update on how I'm feeling and any changes to my symptoms.



Thanks and good luck.

It hits everyone a bit different.

Perhaps have someone you know as an alternate who can post here if there is a day you just can't.

Hopefully if you can't post it's only how you feel and not more serious like hospitalization.

Again good luck on recovery
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
Cleopatra
Cleopatra
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 26
Joined: Jul 2, 2020
July 2nd, 2020 at 10:39:17 AM permalink
Iím sure there is some Uber nerdy Star Trek way to chronicle today... Captainís log... Day 4

But to the surprise of many I assume Iím not. But I wish I was 🙅🏻‍♀️

So anyway, after posting last night, I started sneezing quite a bit. Felt like the nasal congestion was running down the back of my throat as well.

I have mostly lost my sense of smell. Itís kind of bizarre.

This morning (day 4) I havenít sneezed at all - or coughed for that matter. But the body aches are no joke. My lower back feels like itís been hit with a blunt object repeatedly.

No fever - 97.8F this morning. Loading up on vitamins, Airborne, and honey (I bought pure honeycomb a while back - I add some to smoothies!)

Anyway, thatís all thatís happening here. Iím suuuuper bored lol.

Enjoy your day.
Last edited by: Cleopatra on Jul 2, 2020
Just call me Cleo
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1496
  • Posts: 26626
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
Thanked by
Cleopatra
July 2nd, 2020 at 11:26:06 AM permalink
Thank you for sharing your CV story with us. If you haven't yet, please reach out to kewlj, who is a survivor and active member here. I know you're not asking for pity, but I hope your recovery comes soon and the worst of your problems for now is boredom.

With your permission, I'd like to make a separate thread for this.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Cleopatra
Cleopatra
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 26
Joined: Jul 2, 2020
July 2nd, 2020 at 11:28:22 AM permalink
Thank you 🙏

Quote: Wizard

Thank you for sharing your CV story with us. If you haven't yet, please reach out to kewlj, who is a survivor and active member here. I know you're not asking for pity, but I hope your recovery comes soon and the worst of your problems for now is boredom.

With your permission, I'd like to make a separate thread for this.

Just call me Cleo
Cleopatra
Cleopatra
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 26
Joined: Jul 2, 2020
July 2nd, 2020 at 11:32:57 AM permalink
Sure! Let me know once is done.
Quote: Wizard


With your permission, I'd like to make a separate thread for this.

Just call me Cleo
redietz
redietz
  • Threads: 49
  • Posts: 767
Joined: Jun 5, 2019
Thanked by
Cleopatra
July 2nd, 2020 at 11:33:58 AM permalink
Cleo,

Good luck. I see by your profile that you're 30 years old. Might be helpful to others if you let people know if you have any underlying risk conditions or not. Did you get the nasal swab? I know a handful of people who were tested locally. One nurse was brutal with the swab (it was described as a fishing hook up the nose) and one friend who got her had clumps of blood coming out of his nose afterwards. The other nurse on duty was easy peazy, so experiences may vary quite a bit.
"You can't breathe dead hippo waking, sleeping, and eating, and at the same time keep your precarious grip on existence."
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1496
  • Posts: 26626
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
July 2nd, 2020 at 1:04:00 PM permalink
This thread is a split-off from Coronavirus Math.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
  • Threads: 207
  • Posts: 11008
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
Thanked by
Cleopatra
July 2nd, 2020 at 2:28:54 PM permalink
Interesting read so far.

If you havenít already, watch Mikeís interview with Angela.

Youíre the first person I know (and I donít really know ya), that has it.

So, yeah, a day by day diary would be an interesting / welcome thing.

Best wishes.
I hope it has a happy ending. 👍
I invented a few casino games. Info: http://www.DaveMillerGaming.com/ óóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóó Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? 😁
UP84
UP84
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 373
Joined: May 22, 2012
July 2nd, 2020 at 2:37:47 PM permalink
Cleo,
Best wishes on your recovery, and please keep us posted.

Mike,
Thanks, this works much better as a split off from the Coronavirus Math thread, although there is a slight covid math related issue present here:
2,729,287 + 1 = 2,729,288
Cleopatra
Cleopatra
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 26
Joined: Jul 2, 2020
July 2nd, 2020 at 3:24:02 PM permalink
Thank you, Iím actually pretty healthy. I have no underlying health issues and take no prescriptions. Iím pretty healthy actually - work out 3-4 times a week, hike often, eat a good diet

The Covid swap isnít a swab of the nares, itís a nasopharyngeal swab - so they have to be uncomfortable in order to get a good sample. If itís gentle, it will potentially be a false negative.


Quote: redietz

Cleo,

Good luck. I see by your profile that you're 30 years old. Might be helpful to others if you let people know if you have any underlying risk conditions or not. Did you get the nasal swab? I know a handful of people who were tested locally. One nurse was brutal with the swab (it was described as a fishing hook up the nose) and one friend who got her had clumps of blood coming out of his nose afterwards. The other nurse on duty was easy peazy, so experiences may vary quite a bit.

Just call me Cleo
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 216
  • Posts: 4635
Joined: Apr 17, 2012
Thanked by
tringlomane
July 2nd, 2020 at 3:59:54 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Thank you for sharing your CV story with us. If you haven't yet, please reach out to kewlj, who is a survivor and active member here. I know you're not asking for pity, but I hope your recovery comes soon and the worst of your problems for now is boredom.



Thanks for thinking of me, Wizard. The term "survivor" is kind of funny. I don't think of it like that, but I guess. :/

To cleopatra: Take care of yourself, drink plenty of water as many people get dehydrated which only complicates things and get as much rest as you can.

As someone said, everybody is different with this damn thing. Some people have no or very mild symptoms, hopefully that will be you.

I don't want to scare you but 2 things you might want to be on the lookout for. Symptoms and your condition can get worse in a hurry, a matter of hours. You can be going along fine thinking things are mild and boom, gets much worse. If that happens don't be afraid to seek medical help, especially if you are having any trouble breathing.

Second scary thing is that some people experience a second wave. That was me. I was moderately sick for 6-7 days, then had a couple better days and thought I was over it, then it came roaring back for a second week, just as bad as the first. And it turns out many people that have REAL problems have them during this second week or second wave. Again, not trying to scare you, just something to be on the lookout for. If you start feeling better, continue to take it easy and get rest and let your body heal.
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 6281
Joined: Aug 25, 2012
Thanked by
Cleopatra
July 2nd, 2020 at 6:17:02 PM permalink
Best of luck on fighting this terrible virus off and hope you have a speedy recovery!
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 216
  • Posts: 4635
Joined: Apr 17, 2012
Thanked by
tringlomane
July 2nd, 2020 at 6:40:59 PM permalink
So, I am obviously not a doctor and I don't think that just because I had coronavirus and didn't die, that it qualifies me to give medical advice, so that is not what this is. But I am one of those people that tries to be proactive with any illness or medical condition that I come down with and try to learn everything I can about it.

So one of the things I kept wondering about is why some people got sicker and more severe than others. Obviously those older and with conditions seemed to get sicker. But there were some healthy younger people (even more now) that also got pretty sick and I kept wondering why. The thing I came up with was that if this gets into your lungs, you are going to get sicker. Doesn't mean you will die or end up on a ventilator, but you will have more severe symptoms and a longer recovery.

This played out right in my own home as when my brother got sick just days before me, he had very mild symptoms, sort of like an extended cold. Headache, achiness throughout his body, temperature for about 5-6 days. Since we were in stay-at-home orders at the time, he just played video games most of the day, like normal. I think there was one night he went to bed early and one day I saw him sleeping in the afternoon. And 5-6 days later he was done with covid for good.

I got sicker than him and one of the differences was chest pain/discomfort/pressure. Felt like someone had their arms around me and was squeezing. It was in my lung, but I believe only one side or one lung. So at the time, I thought back to my post surgical times in the hospital when they would have you do those breathing exercises into the little plastic devise moving the balls, which was supposed to prevent lung infections. So as soon as I started having chest pressure, I started doing deep breathing exercises at home, almost every hour, just like they have you do in the hospital to ward off lung infections. I don't know if it helped but I didn't really get worse from that point on. I had one lung (or side) that was sore and hurt and it never moved to the other and then eventually went away.
WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
  • Threads: 105
  • Posts: 1636
Joined: May 20, 2011
July 2nd, 2020 at 7:20:38 PM permalink
Cleo,

It looks like you just joined the forum today. Why did you pick this forum to tell us about your Covid? Do you know people on this site? Do you know Nathan? Axel?
'Winners hit n run... Losers stick around'
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
  • Posts: 28894
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
Thanked by
Cleopatra
July 2nd, 2020 at 8:25:34 PM permalink
Quote: Cleopatra

but I feel wore out. Granted my sleep was broken, but I feel beat up.



I had covid in Jan, and the biggest
thing was the fatigue. No energy,
had to take naps after being up
3-4 hours. It's July and that's
still with me. Have to take a half
hour nap, never napped before
in my life. Now I'm out like a
light. The naps were 2 hours,
now down to 30 min.

My symptoms were exactly like
yours. By the time I found out
what it was, it was long gone.
Lasted about 2 weeks, lots of
low level fever and tons of
coughing.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 216
  • Posts: 4635
Joined: Apr 17, 2012
July 2nd, 2020 at 8:56:04 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

I had covid in Jan, and the biggest
thing was the fatigue. No energy,
had to take naps after being up
3-4 hours. It's July and that's
still with me. Have to take a half
hour nap, never napped before
in my life. Now I'm out like a
light. The naps were 2 hours,
now down to 30 min.

My symptoms were exactly like
yours. By the time I found out
what it was, it was long gone.
Lasted about 2 weeks, lots of
low level fever and tons of
coughing.



The extreme fatigue is one of the really weird symptoms. It is hard to explain how bad it is because when you say fatigue, people are like, so big deal? I had days when I was literally awake about 3 hours. I spent hours sleeping in my recliner. As soon as I sat down and turned on the TV, I would fall asleep for hours. And it was a weird sleep, a deep sleep, but I could hear things going on around, but just couldn't wake up. The fatigue actually went on for weeks after I recovered, even after I tested positive for antibodies, but eventually I got back to normal.

Now, EvenBob, it certainly sounds like you had symptoms related to covid-19, but can I ask how you know? there was no test to confirm back in January. Have you had the antibody test to confirm that you had it? I mean there are other conditions and illnesses that can cause some of these symptoms.
Cleopatra
Cleopatra
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 26
Joined: Jul 2, 2020
July 2nd, 2020 at 9:22:45 PM permalink
Thanks for sharing your story. Iím glad you are doing great 👍

Quote: kewlj

So, I am obviously not a doctor and I don't think that just because I had coronavirus and didn't die, that it qualifies me to give medical advicwere

Just call me Cleo
Cleopatra
Cleopatra
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 26
Joined: Jul 2, 2020
July 2nd, 2020 at 9:42:59 PM permalink
No I donít know them, Why?. Itís wrong sharing my story? I been reading the forums for a long time, I just never really had anything to share until today.

Quote: WatchMeWin

Cleo,

It looks like you just joined the forum today. Why did you pick this forum to tell us about your Covid? Do you know people on this site? Do you know Nathan? Axel?

Just call me Cleo
Cleopatra
Cleopatra
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 26
Joined: Jul 2, 2020
July 2nd, 2020 at 9:49:07 PM permalink
Stress doesn't help to relax and sleep well.

🌙
Quote: EvenBob

I had covid in Jan, and the biggest
thing was the fatigue. No energy,
had to take naps after being up
3-4 hours. It's July and that's
still with me. Have to take a half
hour nap, never napped before
in my life. Now I'm out like a
light. The naps were 2 hours,
now down to 30 min.

My symptoms were exactly like
yours. By the time I found out
what it was, it was long gone.
Lasted about 2 weeks, lots of
low level fever and tons of
coughing.

Just call me Cleo
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 101
  • Posts: 14268
Joined: May 21, 2013
Thanked by
Cleopatratringlomane
July 2nd, 2020 at 9:53:13 PM permalink
Quote: Cleopatra

No I donít know them, Why?. Itís wrong sharing my story? I been reading the forums for a long time, I just never really had anything to share until today.



Hi, Cleo, and welcome to the forum.

We have a few people who wore out their welcome, got banned, and like to come back and troll under new names. They do it a lot. So some of the members are a bit wary when a new person comes in withe several posts. I wouldn't take it personally - as we get to know you, it will become apparent to everyone whether you're spoofing the forum or not.

I think your covid blog is of interest, and I appreciate you posting it. I hope you recover quickly and completely.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 213
  • Posts: 12334
Joined: Feb 28, 2010
Thanked by
rawtufftringlomane
July 2nd, 2020 at 10:06:50 PM permalink
Quote: kewlj

Now, EvenBob, it certainly sounds like you had symptoms related to covid-19, but can I ask how you know? there was no test to confirm back in January. Have you had the antibody test to confirm that you had it? I mean there are other conditions and illnesses that can cause some of these symptoms.



I'm sure he had it. The mapped charts show 1 confirmed case January 30th. As we all know, it started in Michigan. He's probably done TV interviews.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
Cleopatra
Cleopatra
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 26
Joined: Jul 2, 2020
July 2nd, 2020 at 10:09:11 PM permalink
Oh thank you very much, None taken. Iím glad you like it. Working on my recovery as much as I can.

Quote: beachbumbabs

Hi, Cleo, and welcome to the forum.

We have a few people who wore out their welcome, got banned, and like to come back and troll under new names. They do it a lot. So some of the members are a bit wary when a new person comes in withe several posts. I wouldn't take it personally - as we get to know you, it will become apparent to everyone whether you're spoofing the forum or not.

I think your covid blog is of interest, and I appreciate you posting it. I hope you recover quickly and completely.

Just call me Cleo
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
  • Posts: 8277
Joined: Jan 26, 2012
Thanked by
Cleopatra
July 2nd, 2020 at 11:39:19 PM permalink
Congratulations, you should have nothing left to fear now if you make it.
I am a robot.
Cleopatra
Cleopatra
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 26
Joined: Jul 2, 2020
July 2nd, 2020 at 11:44:23 PM permalink
I'm not out of the danger zone yet. Working my way out.

Quote: onenickelmiracle

Congratulations, you should have nothing left to fear now if you make it.

Just call me Cleo
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
  • Posts: 11096
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
Thanked by
WTflush
July 3rd, 2020 at 5:50:48 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

I'm sure he had it. The mapped charts show 1 confirmed case January 30th. As we all know, it started in Michigan. He's probably done TV interviews.



Funny post Bob made! I know so many local friends and acquaintances who are 'sure' they had it in December/January, etc... who now are of course negative for antibodies. Like there was never a non -COVID-19 illness that caused respiratory issues, muscle aches, etc.... Math based forum...... I'd guess the chance that Bob had it in January at 1 in 10,000.
Johnzimbo
Johnzimbo
  • Threads: 4
  • Posts: 1153
Joined: Sep 29, 2010
Thanked by
WTflushUP84tringlomane
July 3rd, 2020 at 7:19:06 AM permalink
ITT old man gets older, assumes he had the Rona
WTflush
WTflush
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 96
Joined: Jan 27, 2020
July 3rd, 2020 at 7:45:45 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Funny post Bob made! I know so many local friends and acquaintances who are 'sure' they had it in December/January, etc... who now are of course negative for antibodies. Like there was never a non -COVID-19 illness that caused respiratory issues, muscle aches, etc.... Math based forum...... I'd guess the chance that Bob had it in January at 1 in 10,000.



Seems like half the people I know claim they had it in January even though they never got tested. A few people I know and myself (I also was sick in january) have since tested negative for antibodies. It was the flu or a bad cold or something else going around.

Quote: EvenBob

I had covid in Jan, and the biggest
thing was the fatigue. No energy,
had to take naps after being up
3-4 hours. It's July and that's
still with me. Have to take a half
hour nap, never napped before
in my life. Now I'm out like a
light. The naps were 2 hours,
now down to 30 min.

My symptoms were exactly like
yours. By the time I found out
what it was, it was long gone.
Lasted about 2 weeks, lots of
low level fever and tons of
coughing.



If you are willing to go get an antibody test I'm willing to bet it will come back negative. Unless you were in China there's an insanely small chance you had it in January.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1496
  • Posts: 26626
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
July 3rd, 2020 at 8:19:37 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

I had covid in Jan,



How did I not know this? Please write more about it.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 216
  • Posts: 4635
Joined: Apr 17, 2012
July 3rd, 2020 at 9:35:59 AM permalink
I know there were some people and workers that attended CES in January that claim they got sick with many of the covid symptoms right after. That is just the kind of event, with people coming from other countries that could be involved with early spreading and outbreak.

Since people couldn't have been tested that early, the only way to know would be antibody tests after recovery. I am skeptical of anyone thinking they had covid before March or April that can't confirm it with antibody testing because there are other things that cause some of the same symptoms.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
  • Posts: 5128
Joined: Feb 18, 2015
July 3rd, 2020 at 9:38:41 AM permalink
I had an unusually bad respiratory cold in January as well - slept for about 5 days. It would be wonderful if it was Covid but it seems so unlikely. I would certainly be interested in anyone gets a positive antibody test based on what they believe to be a January infection.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 216
  • Posts: 4635
Joined: Apr 17, 2012
July 3rd, 2020 at 10:01:14 AM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

I had an unusually bad respiratory cold in January as well - slept for about 5 days. It would be wonderful if it was Covid but it seems so unlikely. I would certainly be interested in anyone gets a positive antibody test based on what they believe to be a January infection.



If you think you may have had it, ask your doctor to prescribe an antibody test. The test is free at quest lab with a doctor order (some fee without doctor order). And the quest test is a real blood test, not some new finger prick quick test that are turning out to be not all that accurate.

The antibody test can provide some peace of mind, although with this virus having already mutated and changed, I wonder about even that.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 234
  • Posts: 6717
Joined: May 8, 2015
July 3rd, 2020 at 10:09:18 AM permalink
Quote: kewlj



The antibody test can provide some peace of mind, although with this virus having already mutated and changed, I wonder about even that.




I posted this earlier, but since you brought it up I thought it worth posting again

this is what the CDC has to say on the subject:

Having antibodies to the virus that causes COVID-19 𝐦𝐚𝐲 provide protection from getting infected with the virus again. If it does, 𝐰𝐞 𝐝𝐨 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 protection the antibodies may provide 𝐨𝐫 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 this protection may last.


https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/testing/serology-overview.html
the foolish sayings of a rich man often pass for words of wisdom by the fools around him
rawtuff
rawtuff
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 337
Joined: Mar 15, 2013
July 3rd, 2020 at 10:14:13 AM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

It would be wonderful if it was Covid...



Sadly, having had Covid doesn't seem to bring the same level of immunity we are used to have from flu viruses. Actually it may be the other way around - having had the illness might lead to predisposure to having/reactivating it easily later on rather than having immunity to it (like the hepatitis virus).

What the best thing is as of right now is to avoid getting infected for as long as you can.
Tits are good, but the most important thing is the soul.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
  • Posts: 11556
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
July 3rd, 2020 at 10:15:44 AM permalink
Let's not forget EB is in his eighties if I remember correctly.

Odds he caught Covid-19 in January, fought it off in his eighties on his own are probably more like 1,000,000 to one.

I doubt he will agree to get tested.

I have a neighbor who swears they had Covid-19 last summer. When you tell her it didn't exist her response is "It had to exist, because I had it"

Self-enforcing logic is difficult to overcome
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
rsactuary
rsactuary
  • Threads: 29
  • Posts: 2315
Joined: Sep 6, 2014
Thanked by
tringlomane
July 3rd, 2020 at 10:21:00 AM permalink
I think he's just saying he had it so he can bash the current situation.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
  • Posts: 11556
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
July 3rd, 2020 at 10:27:13 AM permalink
Quote: rsactuary

I think he's just saying he had it so he can bash the current situation.



Several people I know had a similar"bug" in January.

There definitely was something going around with similar symptoms.

And because many people are asymptomatic or do have a milder form of Covid-19, I understand why people will believe the January bug was it.

But from the science and history, I am pretty certain the bug going around was just something else.

With all the people including many here on this forum that got sick in January, there was practically no hospital visits necessary nor ventilators required.

Everything points to a different bug
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 213
  • Posts: 12334
Joined: Feb 28, 2010
July 3rd, 2020 at 10:55:41 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Several people I know had a similar"bug" in January.



Just for the record, I was also sick in January. It was upper respiratory though. Got pink eye as well. And a very persistent cough.

Whatever it was I assume it must of been peaking at that time. And maybe it was super contagious, but I didnít hear about hospitals filling their beds to overflow.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 216
  • Posts: 4635
Joined: Apr 17, 2012
July 3rd, 2020 at 11:08:04 AM permalink
That bug going around in Dec and Jan was the FLU. Happens every year. Lol.
Cleopatra
Cleopatra
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 26
Joined: Jul 2, 2020
July 3rd, 2020 at 11:23:59 AM permalink
Day 5

Woke up this morning and felt more sore and weak than I did yesterday.

Sense of smell is def gone. Taste is still here - which goes against my understanding of the human body 🤷🏻‍♀️

The occasional cough / sneeze happens periodically. Still no fever - 97.8F this morning. No GI symptoms at all. Still have my appetite. Sore throat is back today though. Had a headache most of the morning as well.

Just still feels like the flu.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.
Just call me Cleo
Moonsovermyhamy
Moonsovermyhamy
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 7
Joined: Jun 29, 2020
July 3rd, 2020 at 1:03:39 PM permalink
Quote: kewlj

I know there were some people and workers that attended CES in January that claim they got sick with many of the covid symptoms right after. That is just the kind of event, with people coming from other countries that could be involved with early spreading and outbreak.

Since people couldn't have been tested that early, the only way to know would be antibody tests after recovery. I am skeptical of anyone thinking they had covid before March or April that can't confirm it with antibody testing because there are other things that cause some of the same symptoms.



Yeah, like Influenza.
IAchance5
IAchance5
  • Threads: 41
  • Posts: 167
Joined: May 28, 2010
Thanked by
Cleopatra
July 3rd, 2020 at 1:50:12 PM permalink
Quote: Cleopatra

Day 5

Woke up this morning and felt more sore and weak than I did yesterday.

Sense of smell is def gone. Taste is still here - which goes against my understanding of the human body 🤷🏻‍♀️

The occasional cough / sneeze happens periodically. Still no fever - 97.8F this morning. No GI symptoms at all. Still have my appetite. Sore throat is back today though. Had a headache most of the morning as well.

Just still feels like the flu.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.



Love the monologue with your day-to-day, Cleo. My uncle (73 years old) had it back in mid-March and was in the ICU for 12 days, so definitely don't take anything lightly. Get some rest....
Cleopatra
Cleopatra
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 26
Joined: Jul 2, 2020
July 3rd, 2020 at 2:17:39 PM permalink
Iím glad you do. I thought of posting it to awareness of some symptoms etc! Real life story. Hard to find them online no one is really talking about the behind scenes.

Quote: IAchance5

Love the monologue with your day-to-day, Cleo. My uncle (73 years old) had it back in mid-March and was in the ICU for 12 days, so definitely don't take anything lightly. Get some rest....

Just call me Cleo
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 191
  • Posts: 4140
Joined: Dec 14, 2009
Thanked by
petroglyph
July 3rd, 2020 at 6:57:15 PM permalink
My daughter had it in May. She was extremely sick for about 3 weeks, coughing so hard that she was dry heaving. She did not have a fever either, but was extremely run down, and couldn't talk for more than a few minutes without starting to cough again. She lost her sense of smell and taste for about a week, and most of it has come back but some things still taste funny.

What is interesting is that in Santiago they have been under severe lockdown since the beginning of March. She had not been out of her tiny apartment at all except to do laundry in the basement. Her husband had gone out to get groceries, and they had had food delivered. So she thinks that she got it in the laundry room, that probably the person before her or someone before her had it and she picked it up that way. Although she may have gotten it on a food delivery, they think it's just more likely that she picked it up in the air somehow.

Now this is where it gets interesting: because he lives with her Felipe got tested as well. And he came back as positive also. If he had not been tested he would not have known he was sick; he had no symptoms whatsoever.

Last week my daughter got tested for antibodies, and she was found to have them. So today she went and donated plasma so that possibly she may help some other people recover.
A falling knife has no handle.
Cleopatra
Cleopatra
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 26
Joined: Jul 2, 2020
July 3rd, 2020 at 11:05:27 PM permalink
Is he ok now ?
Quote: IAchance5

Love the monologue with your day-to-day, Cleo. My uncle (73 years old) had it back in mid-March and was in the ICU for 12 days, so definitely don't take anything lightly. Get some rest....

Just call me Cleo
Cleopatra
Cleopatra
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 26
Joined: Jul 2, 2020
July 3rd, 2020 at 11:08:58 PM permalink
Thank you for sharing your daughterís story. Iím glad they are doing much better.

Quote: Mosca

My daughter had it in May. She was extremely sick for about 3 weeks, coughing so hard that she was dry heaving. She did not have a fever either, but was extremely run down, and couldn't talk for more than a few minutes without starting to cough again. She lost her sense of smell and taste for about a week, and most of it has come back but some things still taste funny.

What is interesting is that in Santiago they have been under severe lockdown since the beginning of March. She had not been out of her tiny apartment at all except to do laundry in the basement. Her husband had gone out to get groceries, and they had had food delivered. So she thinks that she got it in the laundry room, that probably the person before her or someone before her had it and she picked it up that way. Although she may have gotten it on a food delivery, they think it's just more likely that she picked it up in the air somehow.

Now this is where it gets interesting: because he lives with her Felipe got tested as well. And he came back as positive also. If he had not been tested he would not have known he was sick; he had no symptoms whatsoever.

Last week my daughter got tested for antibodies, and she was found to have them. So today she went and donated plasma so that possibly she may help some other people recover.

Just call me Cleo
Gabes22
Gabes22
  • Threads: 15
  • Posts: 1427
Joined: Jul 19, 2011
Thanked by
tringlomane
July 4th, 2020 at 5:06:57 AM permalink
I had CV as well. I felt off a bit starting Saturday May 2. My GF took my temp and I was at 101. Started taking some Ibuprofen that day. I had a pretty bad cough as well but this did not alarm me as I get 1 to 2 nasty coughs every year, one usually takes my voice for 1 to 2 days.

My fever persisted through Sunday peaking at 102.6. Although being that hot, I never at any point felt nauseous nor did my appetite dwindle. Enjoyment of food did as everything tasted kind of tinny.

Monday I called off of work and they mandated I take a CV test. When I woke up Monday my temp was down to 100.1 and continued taking Ibuprofen. Trying to take a test was difficult. They had free testing in IL at local Emissions stations. I went towards one at 7 am but left because the line was over a mile long, no exaggeration. The station I went to was at 159th and Pulaski and the line stretched past 167th st. If you know the Chicago grid every 8 numbered street equals one mile once you get past 31st St. So I went to a clinic that offered these drive up tests. You waited outside in socially distant intervals. I finally got to the door around 930 where they did a symptom check and didnt want to give me a test because at this time my fever was down to 99.2 but they ultimately relented due to my fever the past few days. At this point, I filled out some paperwork in my car via my phone and got a text back that test would be in a about 2 hours. So I drove home, rested and got back around 1115. Got the call and took the test. It was a throat swab. The lady excoriated me for taking Ibuprofen and made me switch to Acetaminophen. Upon arriving at home, I stopped taking fever reducing drugs cuz upon arriving at home my temp was 98.8

Overnight into Tuesday the fever returned back up to 102. Started taking acetaminophen noticing immediate results. This day I started experiencing some explosive diarrhea like I had never experienced before

Wednesday the fever was gone upon waking, took the meds through Wednesday just to be sure. Diarrhea persisted but other than that and a disappearing cough was 100%

I did not get the results until Friday which were positive but by then all symptoms has vanished. My GF who was still sleeping in the same bed as me during this never contracted it and never had any symptoms. All in all, my experience was it was worse than a cold but not as bad a flu.
A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 118
  • Posts: 4933
Joined: Jun 15, 2018
July 4th, 2020 at 5:57:03 AM permalink
I put a Q-Tip in my ear yesterday and started coughing, but I don't think that counts as CV. Months ago I had a mild sore throat and took Sucrets for a day to suppress it. I've been beyond exhausted for months, but I'll blame my overindulgence of the news.
Cleopatra
Cleopatra
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 26
Joined: Jul 2, 2020
July 4th, 2020 at 9:32:04 AM permalink
Get well soon. Try to eat a piece of bread 🥖 when you take acetaminophen. Let me know if it worked.

Quote: Gabes22

I had CV as well. I felt off a bit starting Saturday May 2. My GF took my temp and I was at 101. Started taking some Ibuprofen that day. I had a pretty bad cough as well but this did not alarm me as I get 1 to 2 nasty coughs every year, one usually takes my voice for 1 to 2 days.

My fever persisted through Sunday peaking at 102.6. Although being that hot, I never at any point felt nauseous nor did my appetite dwindle. Enjoyment of food did as everything tasted kind of tinny.

Monday I called off of work and they mandated I take a CV test. When I woke up Monday my temp was down to 100.1 and continued taking Ibuprofen. Trying to take a test was difficult. They had free testing in IL at local Emissions stations. I went towards one at 7 am but left because the line was over a mile long, no exaggeration. The station I went to was at 159th and Pulaski and the line stretched past 167th st. If you know the Chicago grid every 8 numbered street equals one mile once you get past 31st St. So I went to a clinic that offered these drive up tests. You waited outside in socially distant intervals. I finally got to the door around 930 where they did a symptom check and didnt want to give me a test because at this time my fever was down to 99.2 but they ultimately relented due to my fever the past few days. At this point, I filled out some paperwork in my car via my phone and got a text back that test would be in a about 2 hours. So I drove home, rested and got back around 1115. Got the call and took the test. It was a throat swab. The lady excoriated me for taking Ibuprofen and made me switch to Acetaminophen. Upon arriving at home, I stopped taking fever reducing drugs cuz upon arriving at home my temp was 98.8

Overnight into Tuesday the fever returned back up to 102. Started taking acetaminophen noticing immediate results. This day I started experiencing some explosive diarrhea like I had never experienced before

Wednesday the fever was gone upon waking, took the meds through Wednesday just to be sure. Diarrhea persisted but other than that and a disappearing cough was 100%

I did not get the results until Friday which were positive but by then all symptoms has vanished. My GF who was still sleeping in the same bed as me during this never contracted it and never had any symptoms. All in all, my experience was it was worse than a cold but not as bad a flu.

Just call me Cleo
Cleopatra
Cleopatra
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 26
Joined: Jul 2, 2020
Thanked by
tringlomane
July 4th, 2020 at 9:34:25 AM permalink
Day 6

Iím pretty sore this morning. My back especially... I just feel like somebody kicked my ass. But otherwise I feel okay. Still a little stuffed up, but my sore throat seems to be better.

I have a symptom that it really bizarre, but is happening to others - a burning sensation under the skin. My back and the top of my head feel sunburned - for lack of a better way to explain it.

98.0F this morning. No cough or shortness of breath at all.

Happy 4th of July everybody 🇺🇸
Just call me Cleo
  • Jump to: