Thread Rating:

Cleopatra
Cleopatra
  • Threads: 1
July 2nd, 2020 at 3:24:02 PM permalink
Thank you, Iím actually pretty healthy. I have no underlying health issues and take no prescriptions. Iím pretty healthy actually - work out 3-4 times a week, hike often, eat a good diet

The Covid swap isnít a swab of the nares, itís a nasopharyngeal swab - so they have to be uncomfortable in order to get a good sample. If itís gentle, it will potentially be a false negative.

Quote: redietz

Cleo,

Good luck. I see by your profile that you're 30 years old. Might be helpful to others if you let people know if you have any underlying risk conditions or not. Did you get the nasal swab? I know a handful of people who were tested locally. One nurse was brutal with the swab (it was described as a fishing hook up the nose) and one friend who got her had clumps of blood coming out of his nose afterwards. The other nurse on duty was easy peazy, so experiences may vary quite a bit.

Just call me Cleo
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 212
Thanks for this post from:
tringlomane
July 2nd, 2020 at 3:59:54 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Thank you for sharing your CV story with us. If you haven't yet, please reach out to kewlj, who is a survivor and active member here. I know you're not asking for pity, but I hope your recovery comes soon and the worst of your problems for now is boredom.

Thanks for thinking of me, Wizard. The term "survivor" is kind of funny. I don't think of it like that, but I guess. :/

To cleopatra: Take care of yourself, drink plenty of water as many people get dehydrated which only complicates things and get as much rest as you can.

As someone said, everybody is different with this damn thing. Some people have no or very mild symptoms, hopefully that will be you.

I don't want to scare you but 2 things you might want to be on the lookout for. Symptoms and your condition can get worse in a hurry, a matter of hours. You can be going along fine thinking things are mild and boom, gets much worse. If that happens don't be afraid to seek medical help, especially if you are having any trouble breathing.

Second scary thing is that some people experience a second wave. That was me. I was moderately sick for 6-7 days, then had a couple better days and thought I was over it, then it came roaring back for a second week, just as bad as the first. And it turns out many people that have REAL problems have them during this second week or second wave. Again, not trying to scare you, just something to be on the lookout for. If you start feeling better, continue to take it easy and get rest and let your body heal.
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
Cleopatra
July 2nd, 2020 at 6:17:02 PM permalink
Best of luck on fighting this terrible virus off and hope you have a speedy recovery!
kewlj
kewlj
tringlomane
July 2nd, 2020 at 6:40:59 PM permalink
So, I am obviously not a doctor and I don't think that just because I had coronavirus and didn't die, that it qualifies me to give medical advice, so that is not what this is. But I am one of those people that tries to be proactive with any illness or medical condition that I come down with and try to learn everything I can about it.

So one of the things I kept wondering about is why some people got sicker and more severe than others. Obviously those older and with conditions seemed to get sicker. But there were some healthy younger people (even more now) that also got pretty sick and I kept wondering why. The thing I came up with was that if this gets into your lungs, you are going to get sicker. Doesn't mean you will die or end up on a ventilator, but you will have more severe symptoms and a longer recovery.

This played out right in my own home as when my brother got sick just days before me, he had very mild symptoms, sort of like an extended cold. Headache, achiness throughout his body, temperature for about 5-6 days. Since we were in stay-at-home orders at the time, he just played video games most of the day, like normal. I think there was one night he went to bed early and one day I saw him sleeping in the afternoon. And 5-6 days later he was done with covid for good.

I got sicker than him and one of the differences was chest pain/discomfort/pressure. Felt like someone had their arms around me and was squeezing. It was in my lung, but I believe only one side or one lung. So at the time, I thought back to my post surgical times in the hospital when they would have you do those breathing exercises into the little plastic devise moving the balls, which was supposed to prevent lung infections. So as soon as I started having chest pressure, I started doing deep breathing exercises at home, almost every hour, just like they have you do in the hospital to ward off lung infections. I don't know if it helped but I didn't really get worse from that point on. I had one lung (or side) that was sore and hurt and it never moved to the other and then eventually went away.
WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
  • Threads: 105
July 2nd, 2020 at 7:20:38 PM permalink
Cleo,

It looks like you just joined the forum today. Why did you pick this forum to tell us about your Covid? Do you know people on this site? Do you know Nathan? Axel?
'Winners hit n run... Losers stick around'
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 432
Cleopatra
July 2nd, 2020 at 8:25:34 PM permalink
Quote: Cleopatra

but I feel wore out. Granted my sleep was broken, but I feel beat up.

I had covid in Jan, and the biggest
thing was the fatigue. No energy,
had to take naps after being up
3-4 hours. It's July and that's
still with me. Have to take a half
hour nap, never napped before
in my life. Now I'm out like a
light. The naps were 2 hours,
now down to 30 min.

My symptoms were exactly like
yours. By the time I found out
what it was, it was long gone.
Lasted about 2 weeks, lots of
low level fever and tons of
coughing.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
kewlj
kewlj
July 2nd, 2020 at 8:56:04 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

now down to 30 min.

yours. By the time I found out
what it was, it was long gone.
Lasted about 2 weeks, lots of
low level fever and tons of
coughing.

The extreme fatigue is one of the really weird symptoms. It is hard to explain how bad it is because when you say fatigue, people are like, so big deal? I had days when I was literally awake about 3 hours. I spent hours sleeping in my recliner. As soon as I sat down and turned on the TV, I would fall asleep for hours. And it was a weird sleep, a deep sleep, but I could hear things going on around, but just couldn't wake up. The fatigue actually went on for weeks after I recovered, even after I tested positive for antibodies, but eventually I got back to normal.

Now, EvenBob, it certainly sounds like you had symptoms related to covid-19, but can I ask how you know? there was no test to confirm back in January. Have you had the antibody test to confirm that you had it? I mean there are other conditions and illnesses that can cause some of these symptoms.
Cleopatra
Cleopatra
July 2nd, 2020 at 9:22:45 PM permalink
Thanks for sharing your story. Iím glad you are doing great 👍

Quote: kewlj

So, I am obviously not a doctor and I don't think that just because I had coronavirus and didn't die, that it qualifies me to give medical advicwere

Just call me Cleo
Cleopatra
Cleopatra
July 2nd, 2020 at 9:42:59 PM permalink
No I donít know them, Why?. Itís wrong sharing my story? I been reading the forums for a long time, I just never really had anything to share until today.

Quote: WatchMeWin

Cleo,

It looks like you just joined the forum today. Why did you pick this forum to tell us about your Covid? Do you know people on this site? Do you know Nathan? Axel?

Just call me Cleo
Cleopatra
Cleopatra
July 2nd, 2020 at 9:49:07 PM permalink
Stress doesn't help to relax and sleep well.

🌙
Quote: EvenBob

now down to 30 min.