30 members have voted

Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1332
September 6th, 2018 at 9:17:52 AM permalink
Quote: EdCollins

Wiz, did you really pay $1,200.00??

Yes, I did. I should research this but I think there is a complicated system of releasing tickets in bunches and each release has different prices. It is possible I bought the ticket from a broker. A friend bought it for me, so I'm not sure.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
September 6th, 2018 at 9:25:59 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Is this the hands-free dildo jousting, or just regular dildo jousting?

You have to hold you hands behind your back, stand on a beam, and try to either knock the other person off the beam of knock the nuts off his dildo.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
September 6th, 2018 at 9:47:36 AM permalink
I admit today's Burning Man video is not my best, but night videography is always tough. What I did was strap a GoPro to my head and rode from 6:00 and L to the Temple. At night, Burning Man is a sea of colorful lights. However, the video didn't capture the brilliance of it well. Nevertheless, as long as I took the trouble to shoot it, I may as well put the *&%$ on YouTube. I hope it at least gives some idea of what it's like to ride around at night.

Direct: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgoAhzmI68g

In other news, can I trouble you guys to give a quick click to my unicycle video and let me know if you have to suffer through an ad. I had a copyright infringement complaint filed on it over some music somebody else was playing you can barely hear in the background. Thank you.
ChesterDog
ChesterDog
  • Threads: 6
September 6th, 2018 at 9:59:27 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

...In other news, can I trouble you guys to give a quick click to my unicycle video and let me know if you have to suffer through an ad. I had a copyright infringement complaint filed on it over some music somebody else was playing you can barely hear in the background. Thank you.

I just watched the video closely, and no ad appeared before or during it.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
September 6th, 2018 at 10:15:19 AM permalink
Quote: ChesterDog

I just watched the video closely, and no ad appeared before or during it.

Thank you.

Getting back to ticket prices, it is rather complicated, but here is my understanding:

1. 5,000 tickets are available through a "pre-sale." Where you can buy up to four tickets at $990 each and four more at $1200. This is how I got mine, I think. Somebody else purchased it.
2. 30,000 tickets are available in a "group sale" at $425 each. You have to be part of a large group that has some kind of mutant vehicle or art installation to qualify.
3. Another 2,500 will be sold in another "group sale" later in the summer.
4. About 26,000 tickets will be sold in the "main sale" for $425 each. Maximum of two tickets per person.
5. Some additional $1200 tickets will be sold known as "limited tickets"
6. Finally, there is a program called STEP where you can put back into the pool unwanted tickets and there is a queue to buy them, which I hear is very long for a very small number of tickets.

Source: Burning Man 2018 Ticket Information

Also, a great source for all things Burning Man is the Project Pterodactyl YouTube channel. Here is her video on getting tickets:

Direct: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coDqbxTAC88
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
September 6th, 2018 at 10:36:15 AM permalink
No ad on the uni video for me.

The night ride was interesting. Was the music broadcast all over, or were there speaker towers built around the camp?

Was it unusual that no one stopped to engage you in a conversation or even wave hello?
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
September 6th, 2018 at 10:54:51 AM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

No ad on the uni video for me.

Thanks. I guess the complaintant just filed a right to monetize it, but hasn't exercised it. He probably didn't bother over the low number of view.

The night ride was interesting. Was the music broadcast all over, or were there speaker towers built around the camp?

There was no speaker towers. Each camp provided its own music. There was a rule that it couldn't be more than so my decibels, I think 90, loud. I was afraid Burning Man would be too noisy, but that wasn't a problem at all. I'd say the biggest source of noise pollution was the generators for the sea of RVs. There was one right next to my tent. Thank goodness I brought along ear muffs.

Was it unusual that no one stopped to engage you in a conversation or even wave hello?

No. At night it is such a sea of bikes that it would be ridiculous to engage every single bicycle rider. On my unicycle I got a ton of compliments and offers to have a beer. However, being on a bike is no big deal. If I go back, I'd like to bring a penny farthing, if I can get one with a wide enough tire.

petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
September 6th, 2018 at 11:23:38 AM permalink

I'd say the biggest source of noise pollution was the generators for the sea of RVs. There was one right next to my tent. Thank goodness I brought along ear muffs.

I hope you are aware of the carbon monoxide gas coming from those generators?

Every year we lose people here in the channel in Lake Havasu, and also lose swimmers swimming in Lake Powell behind houseboats that leave their gens running. Laying near the ground like that, you are inviting poisoning.

If you are on the ground again like that, consider a gas alarm.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 78
September 6th, 2018 at 11:43:47 AM permalink

I'd say the biggest source of noise pollution was the generators for the sea of RVs. There was one right next to my tent. Thank goodness I brought along ear muffs.

Uggh
Generators
Hate them at the festivals I camp at
Luckily at the festival I camp at, generators are banned except for 1 area
How are the temps at night? The only thing I cant run without power is my RV AC

I boon dock a lot. RV without a hookup
Without power, I can easily take a hot shower. Propane heats the hot water tank. RV battery powers the water pump.
RV battery powers lights
Propane gas to cook
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
September 6th, 2018 at 1:06:22 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

How are the temps at night?

The temperature was nice at night. Around 50 I'd say at midnight. I took along way too much cold-weather clothing.

• Jump to: