troopscott
troopscott
  • Threads: 20
Thanks for this post from:
UKMark
August 4th, 2018 at 9:36:22 AM permalink
I am starting this so we can discuss it and figure out who is where and doing what from the main pool with their winnings.

If you are in the main pool "Play" copy the post and put your name below the last name on the list
troopscott

If you are taking your winnings copy and paste the whole post and put your name below the last name on the list here (unless you are first then just put your name)

To be clear I do not want to organize the main pool bet or play. I do not want to handle the money and make a terrible bet as apparently Romes did last time.

I would also suggest we kick in 5-10 bucks each in the "Parlay" group and maybe make a couple different plays or a bigger play just my two cents and nothing wrong with letting it ride. I am down for sports parlay, VP run, and just about anything else other than a bunch of lottery tickets
Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 30
August 4th, 2018 at 10:04:47 AM permalink
Quote: troopscott

I am starting this so we can discuss it and figure out who is where and doing what from the main pool with their winnings.

If you are in the main pool "Play" copy the post and put your name below the last name on the list

troopscott
Joeman
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
Joeman
Joeman
August 4th, 2018 at 10:10:47 AM permalink

To be clear I do not want to organize the main pool bet or play. I do not want to handle the money and make a terrible bet as apparently Romes did last time.

I wouldn't give Romes a hard time about it. As I recall, it wasn't a bad bet, it just didn't hit.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 168
August 4th, 2018 at 11:00:50 AM permalink
Sorry troopscott, you're going to be forced out of the pool as a bargaining chip.
Careful man! There's a beverage here! Being good is no fun. I want to make ignorant jokes too! :-| The Cleveland Browns look for another victory to build on their impressive two-game winning streak...
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 81
Joeman
August 4th, 2018 at 11:06:33 AM permalink
Gee guys. I like to give Romes a hard time about it but if you are going to then at least give him a hard time about the correct thing.

Romes was going to make the bet. We all agreed on a 1/2 point parlay. He was supposed to make the bet on a particular weekend but was unable to for whatever reason. That week turned out to be monstrous and would have turned our few hundred into a few thousand. The next week he made bet but we struck out and ended with nothing.

So some of us like to give him a hard time for fun, but dont really mean it. I am sure romes gets annoyed with it especially when people comment that know nothing of the story.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 95
Joeman
August 4th, 2018 at 12:15:46 PM permalink
I am not in a cut and paste mood. However I am in the big pool and will be with whatever the group wants to do. I am not putting any additional money in, I think that is very silly as it will just make things messy. I am hoping the big pool will take Axel up on his offer to do some sort of advantage play.
Joeman
Joeman
troopscott
August 4th, 2018 at 12:46:58 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I am not in a cut and paste mood. However I am in the big pool and will be with whatever the group wants to do. I am not putting any additional money in, I think that is very silly as it will just make things messy. I am hoping the big pool will take Axel up on his offer to do some sort of advantage play.

I agree with everything SOOPOO said, except that I am in a manic Cut & Paste state. :D So, here ya go:

Quote: Big Pool Play

troopscott
Joeman
SOOPOO
troopscott
troopscott
August 6th, 2018 at 12:48:13 PM permalink
troopscott
troopscott
August 6th, 2018 at 12:48:13 PM permalink
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 26
August 6th, 2018 at 1:08:52 PM permalink

...To be clear I do not want to organize the main pool bet or play. I do not want to handle the money and make a terrible bet as apparently Romes did last time...

Love that Axel's "digs" at me (that weren't true) caught on.

I had no power in the decision making of the GROUP as a whole that VOTED to put the money on 1/2 point parlays... So yay everyone voted what to do with the money, but somehow I get the blame since the 1/2 point parlay bets didn't pull through.

Quote: GWAE

...He was supposed to make the bet on a particular weekend but was unable to for whatever reason...

And here's the confusion. I was leading the discussion and NEVER AGREE TO IN PERSON PHYSICALLY PLACE ANY BETS... as I don't live in Vegas so how on Earth could I even? Somehow someone along the way thought I was supposed to make the bets (that we had yet to agree upon). That's the other thing... the weekend that we would have won a lot, we had not yet agreed as a group to even place the bet. I don't mind the casual pokes, but all of them over time have led to the story getting massively morphed.

Subsequently, I'll vote, but want NOTHING MORE responsibility wise to do with our big pool money here.

Quote: Big Pool Play

Team Roster

troopscott
Joeman
SOOPOO
Romes
Playing it correctly means you've already won.

• Jump to: