Thread Rating:

Poll

57 votes (47.89%)
33 votes (27.73%)
12 votes (10.08%)
10 votes (8.4%)
4 votes (3.36%)
3 votes (2.52%)

119 members have voted

Boz
Boz
Joined: Sep 22, 2011
  • Threads: 154
  • Posts: 5701
February 1st, 2017 at 2:44:03 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Bah, I still think plenty of conservatives give to chartable organizations without knowing whether their money is being used effectively. Most church organizations don't even do any proper screening of recipients and they get quite a lot of support from the Right.



Will never argue with that. Charity for humans starts at home. Give to animals, and never trust the people in the administration of the money.
Boz
Boz
Joined: Sep 22, 2011
  • Threads: 154
  • Posts: 5701
Thanks for this post from:
MaxPenSanchoPanza
February 1st, 2017 at 3:21:05 PM permalink
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/kellyanne-conway-sexual-harassment_us_58920004e4b0522c7d3e3fc0?c4mkozmwzz4hx5hfr&

The spin the left continues to put out there shows they are grasping at straws. They are the ones trying to show women are victims, not capable of thought on their future. Instead they are victims, not able to make rational decisions on their future.

It's the only way the far left can justify Trump winning, because the truth of Americans sick of being told how they should think is more than they can imagine.

Liberalism is at stake here and they are not going down without a fight. Sadly they don't have issues to stand on so all they have left is a few vocal radicals left in the streets along with much of the press.

Counting on Madonna, a fake Indian, a Socialist and a few Chucks (Todd and Amy's cousin) is a sad way to go down. But America has always been a 2 party country so I'm sure another party will step up to fill the void. Hopefully they are somewhere in the middle. We need a reasonable alternative to the GOP.
rxwine
rxwine
Joined: Feb 28, 2010
  • Threads: 166
  • Posts: 9680
February 1st, 2017 at 4:00:13 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

Liberalism is at stake here and they are not going down without a fight.



Never thought that was true when the right seemed to think they weren't close to regaining power, which they definitely thought not long ago.

What happened? Democrats lost some focus, and Trump is a pretty unusual candidate now Republicans are in the catbird seat. They happened to gain some advantages, like with Scalia vacating unexpectedly.

Was there some big reorganization on the right that brought them to power. Hell no. At least I didn''t see anything. They had already tried the Tea Party, and that has some limited success. But no, nobody really changed up the party.

Being out of power is not the same as being finished. So, I'm not convinced. That doesn't mean the Democrats will have the right viable candidate to run against Trump. They may not. Trump may self-destruct, but even then, Pence is still in the wings.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
rxwine
rxwine
Joined: Feb 28, 2010
  • Threads: 166
  • Posts: 9680
February 1st, 2017 at 4:06:07 PM permalink
...also, more moderate Republicans are still out there -- they are coming back one day as well into dominance I predict. Especially if the right goes too far right and f's things up enough.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
Boz
Boz
Joined: Sep 22, 2011
  • Threads: 154
  • Posts: 5701
February 1st, 2017 at 4:10:53 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Never thought that was true when the right seemed to think they weren't close to regaining power, which they definitely thought not long ago.

What happened? Democrats lost some focus, and Trump is a pretty unusual candidate now Republicans are in the catbird seat. They happened to gain some advantages, like with Scalia vacating unexpectedly.

Was there some big reorganization on the right that brought them to power. Hell no. At least I didn''t see anything. They had already tried the Tea Party, and that has some limited success. But no, nobody really changed up the party.

Being out of power is not the same as being finished. So, I'm not convinced. That doesn't mean the Democrats will have the right viable candidate to run against Trump. They may not. Trump may self-destruct, but even then, Pence is still in the wings.



You may be right, but I am only channeling Rachel Maddow from 2009 who gloated that the GOP was done. She cited the changing demographics in America and the large margin Obama won by. Sadly she has never discussed how wrong she was. She probably knew it was only wishful thinking, but in her mind if she put it out there, it must be true. Or enough suckers would believe it.

Again you may be right that it's cyclical but I like to believe most Americans want to control own destiny and the Dems seem to think people are not capable of that without their help.
MaxPen
MaxPen
Joined: Feb 4, 2015
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 3634
February 1st, 2017 at 6:53:00 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/kellyanne-conway-sexual-harassment_us_58920004e4b0522c7d3e3fc0?c4mkozmwzz4hx5hfr&

The spin the left continues to put out there shows they are grasping at straws. They are the ones trying to show women are victims, not capable of thought on their future. Instead they are victims, not able to make rational decisions on their future.

It's the only way the far left can justify Trump winning, because the truth of Americans sick of being told how they should think is more than they can imagine.

Liberalism is at stake here and they are not going down without a fight. Sadly they don't have issues to stand on so all they have left is a few vocal radicals left in the streets along with much of the press.

Counting on Madonna, a fake Indian, a Socialist and a few Chucks (Todd and Amy's cousin) is a sad way to go down. But America has always been a 2 party country so I'm sure another party will step up to fill the void. Hopefully they are somewhere in the middle. We need a reasonable alternative to the GOP.



Obamba, Hilltard, Sorass, and the media are trying to foment insurrection. Good luck with that.
MaxPen
MaxPen
Joined: Feb 4, 2015
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 3634
Thanks for this post from:
terapined
February 1st, 2017 at 7:28:08 PM permalink
Why are liberals always blowing something?


http://trumpdonald.org/
rxwine
rxwine
Joined: Feb 28, 2010
  • Threads: 166
  • Posts: 9680
February 1st, 2017 at 9:13:58 PM permalink
Think I just heard a "bombshell" go off. Or maybe it's that fake news.

Quote:

U.S. military officials told Reuters that Trump approved his first covert counterterrorism operation without sufficient intelligence, ground support or adequate backup preparations.

As a result, three officials said, the attacking SEAL team found itself dropping onto a reinforced al Qaeda base defended by landmines, snipers, and a larger than expected contingent of heavily armed Islamist extremists.

The Pentagon directed queries about the officials' characterization of the raid to U.S. Central Command. The latter pointed only to its statement on Wednesday.



http://www.businessinsider.com/us-military-officials-trump-ordered-raid-in-yemen-that-killed-us-navy-seal-was-approved-without-sufficient-intelligence-2017-2

Business Insider was really low key with such inflammatory news. Kind of interesting.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
Joined: Jun 1, 2014
  • Threads: 44
  • Posts: 4463
February 1st, 2017 at 9:21:04 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Think I just heard a "bombshell" go off. Or maybe it's that fake news.



http://www.businessinsider.com/us-military-officials-trump-ordered-raid-in-yemen-that-killed-us-navy-seal-was-approved-without-sufficient-intelligence-2017-2

Business Insider was really low key with such inflammatory news. Kind of interesting.

Quote:

"Knowing that we killed an estimated 14 AQAP members and that we gathered an unbelievable amount of intelligence that will prevent the potential deaths or attacks on American soil – is something that I think most service members understand, that that’s why they joined the service,” Spicer said.



Unbelievable

Quote: Spicer Translation:-


I'd tell you that we gathered a massive amount of intelligence, but you wouldn't believe me: Why should you on my past form?

Take care out there. Spare a thought for the newly poor who were happy in their world just a few days ago, but whose whole way of life just collapsed..
rxwine
rxwine
Joined: Feb 28, 2010
  • Threads: 166
  • Posts: 9680
February 1st, 2017 at 9:43:42 PM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

Unbelievable



One thing is easy to believe. That Trump set something in motion without sufficient review or information. That's the way he's been operating on everything else, AFAICT.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?

  • Jump to: