RonC
  • Threads: 40
October 9th, 2016 at 6:16:31 PM permalink
Quote: MichaelBluejay

Well, he certainly has a lot in common with Republicans:

• Wants tax cuts for the rich
• Disdains political correctness
• Denies climate change*
• Claimed Obama wasn't born in the U.S. (Only 27% of Republicans think he was born here.)
• Promotes "white" politics (Muslim ban, most Mexican immigrants are rapists, supported by most white voters)
• Says Hillary will destroy America
• Opposes government regulation of business

*Most Republicans actually acknowledge climate change, but the deniers are almost exclusively Republican.

I'm sure there are more. Anyone?

What's the definition of a "real" Republican, anyway?

And before someone accuses me of being partisan, in this same thread I gave a big list of things about Hillary that aren't liberal.

Yes, he has a lot in common with Republicans. He was a Democrat and had a lot in common with Republicans. He is an opportunist; not really a part of either party.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
October 9th, 2016 at 6:21:01 PM permalink
Donald Trump is cracking me up 15 minutes in. It's pretty bad, but sad in a way just because Hillary is better at all the fake stuff. This format isn't working for him.
I am a robot.
rxwine
rxwine
October 9th, 2016 at 6:22:10 PM permalink
It's getting nasty..
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
October 9th, 2016 at 6:24:24 PM permalink
This election is over.

Hillary Clinton is the next President.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
ams288
ams288
October 9th, 2016 at 6:42:00 PM permalink
The Republican nominee for President tonight has LITERALLY called for the Democratic nominee to be jailed.

Is this a good precedent? Does anyone think this appeals to anyone besides those on the far far right?

What's the over/under on how many Republicans dump Trump tomorrow?
RonC
RonC
October 9th, 2016 at 6:46:11 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

The Republican nominee for President tonight has LITERALLY called for the Democratic nominee to be jailed.

Is this a good precedent? Does anyone think this appeals to anyone besides those on the far far right?

How many Republican politicians or how many Republican voters? Politicians by the dozens. Voters, I have no idea,,,but not as high a % as politicians. Politicians are also running scared...
rxwine
rxwine
October 9th, 2016 at 6:53:26 PM permalink
I wonder what kind of money I could have made 3 years ago on a bet that one month before the next Presidential election Donald Trump would be debating Hillary Clinton for POTUS. And they both would be talking about improper sexual offenses.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
ams288
ams288
October 9th, 2016 at 7:02:11 PM permalink
WHAT IS UP WITH THE SNIFFING??!?
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
October 9th, 2016 at 7:03:24 PM permalink
I don't think such a bet would have been possible. Hillary was at 2-1 to become President. But Trump wasn't even available.

Debate is being taped. BlueJays take higher priority.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
ams288
ams288
October 9th, 2016 at 7:16:05 PM permalink
Quote: chucktodd

Trump has made life more miserable for swing state GOPers who want to bolt on him. His base is going to LOVE this performance tonight

I agree with this. Trump is doing NOTHING to win over women or "undecideds." (Who the hell is undecided at this point?!?!?). He's playing to his base. There are not enough deplorables in his base to get him elected.
RonC
RonC
October 9th, 2016 at 7:26:15 PM permalink

WHAT IS UP WITH THE SNIFFING??!?

Cocaine.

Poor understanding of breathing while using a microphone?

It is annoying...they could have worked more on that between debates.
RonC
RonC
October 9th, 2016 at 7:33:36 PM permalink
Bush suspended for bush talk...
RonC
RonC
October 9th, 2016 at 7:41:33 PM permalink
Rumors out there that Pence is asking to be removed from the ticket...no tweets at all from him during the debate...
RonC
RonC
October 9th, 2016 at 7:46:29 PM permalink
Quote: RonC

Rumors out there that Pence is asking to be removed from the ticket...no tweets at all from him during the debate...

Okay,,,so Bill Kristol wants him to quit in an effort to get Trump out. Read my earlier...he can drop out and Trump won't quit because he is Trump...

Mike Pence ‏@mike_pence 1m1 minute ago

Congrats to my running mate @realDonaldTrump on a big debate win! Proud to stand with you as we #MAGA.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
October 9th, 2016 at 8:02:09 PM permalink
https://vine.co/v/5gYE3iqeKV7
rxwine
rxwine
October 9th, 2016 at 8:02:25 PM permalink
Quote: RonC/

Congrats to my running mate @realDonaldTrump on a big debate win! Proud to stand with you as we #MAGA.

I think what Pence means, is Trump managed not to slide any further into the abyss, and yes that would be a win in this case.

Not a win against Hillary, just a win for Trump in not imploding.

I don't think it brings Trump any new voters though.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
October 9th, 2016 at 8:02:49 PM permalink
I think he did a great job tonight and keep many voters with him. And I'm sure he gained 3 or 4 new ones. There is his problem. If the Johnson and Jillatic voters go with Hillary, it will be over by 9PM election night.
ams288
ams288
October 9th, 2016 at 8:04:19 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

I think what Pence means, is Trump managed not to slide any further into the abyss, and yes that would be a win in this case.

Not a win against Hillary, just a win for Trump in not imploding.

And now the GOP is stuck with many members un-endorsing him and many wanting to, but being terrified of the deplorables abandoning them if they do.
MichaelBluejay
MichaelBluejay
  • Threads: 81
October 9th, 2016 at 8:31:01 PM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

Debate is being taped. BlueJays take higher priority.

I appreciate that.
Presidential Election polls and odds: https://2605.me/p
ams288
ams288
October 9th, 2016 at 8:36:12 PM permalink
Oh God. They just replayed the most important development of the debate that will be aired over and over again: the part where Donald Trump said he'd appoint a special prosecutor for Hillary Clinton, and Trump sniffled FOUR TIMES during it.
Joeshlabotnik
Joeshlabotnik
  • Threads: 20
October 9th, 2016 at 8:43:05 PM permalink

But let's not forget--Trump is the love slave of Vladimir Putin, and almost the first thing Putin did when he was elected (or, given that it's Russia we're talking about, "elected") was have his primary political opponent arrested and jailed.

As far as how many rats will leave the sinking ship, probably a goodly number, as some may have been holding out the unrealistic hope that Trump would at least temporarily abandon his petulant eight-year-old persona and debate like a sane adult. My only question is whether that will have any real impact on the voting. I just can't see many Republican voters, if they haven't already been revolted by Trump to the point where they can't vote for him, suddenly changing their minds because Senator Bedfellow or Congressman Poorkiller have unendorsed him (and by the way, if there even can be such things as unendorsements, doesn't that make an endorsement not worth a jar of warm spit?).
Joeshlabotnik
Joeshlabotnik
October 9th, 2016 at 9:01:49 PM permalink

Well, he certainly has a lot in common with Republicans:

• Wants tax cuts for the rich
• Disdains political correctness
• Denies climate change*
• Claimed Obama wasn't born in the U.S. (Only 27% of Republicans think he was born here.)
• Promotes "white" politics (Muslim ban, most Mexican immigrants are rapists, supported by most white voters)
• Says Hillary will destroy America
• Opposes government regulation of business

*Most Republicans actually acknowledge climate change, but the deniers are almost exclusively Republican.

I'm sure there are more. Anyone?

Well, if you distill the Republican philosophy into a single, clear, noxious brew, and check it against The Donald's positions, you'll see that he is, in fact, a perfect Republican, if a bit unorthodox in his delivery:

1. It is our duty as White Christian males to make sure that the lesser breeds never gain equality, let alone importance, in the US.
1a. Score a perfect for the OO on this one, as racial hatred has been the centerpiece of his campaign.
2. Every government policy should be directed toward making American business as profitable as possible, regardless of social, environmental, or diplomatic impact.
2a. The OO certainly approves of government tax policies that enabled him to evade almost a billion in taxes.
3. Bitches should stay in the kitchen.
3a. The OO appears to be in full agreement. He wants them to be wearing an apron and nothing else.
4. Government is bad.
4a. Given that a Trump administration would resemble the Somali government on a bad day, it seems that he would be in full agreement with this, too.
5. Taxes are bad.
5a. And smart people don't pay them.
6. Kill the unbelievers!
6a. A "total shutdown" of Muslims.

By the way, look out for the post-election release of "Mein Haar" (My Hair), where Trump outlines his plan for the Muslim death camps and his new Kill-a-Mexican-on-Sight missile-equipped drones (patent pending). The post-election-loss Trump will rebound and grab America by its feline.
Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
  • Threads: 121
October 9th, 2016 at 9:06:40 PM permalink
Guess you are back from suspension
No longer hiring, don’t ask because I won’t hire you either
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
October 9th, 2016 at 9:10:18 PM permalink
Welcome back, joe.
MichaelBluejay
MichaelBluejay
October 9th, 2016 at 9:14:03 PM permalink
Joeshlabotnik blocked by me. One out of only two people, I think.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
October 9th, 2016 at 9:17:36 PM permalink
I thought Trump had a pretty good second half of the debate. He got off to a terrible start, and I was looking forward to him melting down, but he surprised me in the second half. I just wish Hillary had let Trump answer the last question first.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Joeshlabotnik
Joeshlabotnik
October 9th, 2016 at 9:18:52 PM permalink

Oh God. They just replayed the most important development of the debate that will be aired over and over again: the part where Donald Trump said he'd appoint a special prosecutor for Hillary Clinton, and Trump sniffled FOUR TIMES during it.

It's interesting to note that Trump seems to think that the Presidency is some kind of dictatorship. His build-a-wall and other related spew ignores the fact that Presidents can't create legislation. His comments about what he would do to Hillary ignore the fact that any special prosecutions would be the realm of the judiciary, which Presidents are not a part of.

I WISH somebody would ask him how many Senators there are. I'll bet he would get it wrong. He blamed Hillary for not passing tax reform legislation when she was ONE OF A HUNDRED Senators. Hillary also pointed out that Dubya would have vetoed such legislation anyway. And Trump talking about horrible awful heinously unfair tax loopholes being used to cheat the government out of billions is, shall we say...risible. OK, let's say "dead-raccoon-under-the-porch-smelling hypocritical," too.

I don't want the OO to drop dead, or even get so sick that he has to withdraw. I want him to suffer the indignities of being abandoned by the GOP, getting crushed by Hillary in the election, and finally and most deliciously of all, having federal marshals knock on the door of the Trump Tower and lead him away in handcuffs, due to the intense scrutiny that he never would have suffered if he had just sat on his money and fondled his concubine instead of trying to become Chief Anal Orifice.
Joeshlabotnik
Joeshlabotnik
October 9th, 2016 at 9:20:36 PM permalink
Quote: Wizardofnothing

Guess you are back from suspension

No, the Russians helped me hack into Mike's server.
Joeshlabotnik
Joeshlabotnik
October 9th, 2016 at 9:21:20 PM permalink

Joeshlabotnik blocked by me. One out of only two people, I think.

And think of what you're missing!
Joeshlabotnik
Joeshlabotnik
October 9th, 2016 at 9:23:37 PM permalink
Quote: RS

Welcome back, joe.

Thanks. Pity there will soon be nothing to talk about on this thread--unless, of course, somebody can Photoshop "TRUMP" onto a photo of the Hindenburg and post that.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
October 9th, 2016 at 9:31:01 PM permalink
Somewhere the woods are missing a clown.
I am a robot.
rxwine
rxwine
October 9th, 2016 at 10:08:56 PM permalink
Quote: Joeshlabotnik

Thanks. Pity there will soon be nothing to talk about on this thread--unless, of course, somebody can Photoshop "TRUMP" onto a photo of the Hindenburg and post that.

Reagan's presidency was associated with "Teflon".

I believe if Trump is ever associated with anything it will be herpes.

It can look like it's gone away. You want it to go away. But it keeps coming back.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
October 10th, 2016 at 1:06:47 AM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

Scorched earth will not work well for Trump. Hillary is far too composed to get rattled. She's expecting it. Hell, she's likely gone through years of therapy and counseling and surely she is at peace with the past.

The issue is that Trump supporters also believe that any publication by the Times, Post or any news media outlet that isn't Breitbart, WND, or Fox are directly fed by Hillary.

In any case, while Trump will score plenty of points for people who are already voting for him, but I don't see his strategy attracting voters that he requires: women and people of color.

He has to start with a repeat of his apology, but if he starts digging into Hillary (as Hillary will play the card, and he will take the bait, as Donald must be Donald), he will surely not appeal to women. Not a chance.

Trump can score some jabs on trade and the comments that Wikileaks released regarding the Wall Street speeches. Hillary will take him off topic.

Should be interesting.

I think it just depends on which you like/hate. Trump said something about groping women. Probably, at least partially as a joke.

Bill was repeatedly accused of much worse, including rape. Once by someone who volunteered for him (not a right wing conspirator). If he was anybody else, a lot of liberals would want him in jail without trial.

If he were anybody else (say, a quarterback), a lot of Republicans who are outraged, might be defending him, but he's Bill, so they assume the worst.

To me, it's smart to raise the specter of Bill's alleged crimes, and Hillary's complicity. It gives people who might vote for him a reason to give Trump a pass. It's not going to convert any Clinton fanatics. You don't need to beat people over the head with it. Just pump it up in the collective consciousness a bit. Remind them that if your high school age daughter won a weekend with the Clintons, you'd throw the notice in the trash and never tell her about it. The same is true of Trump, but that means it's not a reason to favor one or the other.

However, if someone releases tape of him saying the N word, then he is toast. Badly, badly burned toast. Should be like +9000.
Tanko
Tanko
  • Threads: 0
October 10th, 2016 at 3:21:46 AM permalink
Joeshlabotnik
Joeshlabotnik
October 10th, 2016 at 3:33:06 AM permalink
I could be wrong, but as far as I'm aware, Bill Clinton is not a candidate in this election.
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
  • Threads: 37
October 10th, 2016 at 5:34:59 AM permalink
As to watching political coverage on the TV,

Have you noticed that if you hit the pause button, and leave it paused,
Comcast goes to a slideshow of very pretty scenic pictures ;-? 2F

<edit> and I forgot, Welcome back Joe. You so remind me of Trump, which is hilarious,
that unlike some,
I would never consider blocking you...
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
October 10th, 2016 at 8:24:20 AM permalink
Quote: Rigondeaux

I think it just depends on which you like/hate. Trump said something about groping women. Probably, at least partially as a joke.

I don't think his attempt to "try to f***" the Access Hollywood co-host was a joke. And by itself, maybe, maybe, you could give him a pass on this one incident, but when you add in the Stern interviews, the Playboy tapes, what he has said about his own daughter, it adds up, quite coherently, to a very negative attitude about women, to be conquested and valued only for their looks, to the point where he has said as a disqualifier to Hillary, in the debates, this day "she doesn't look presidential". What the hell is that supposed to mean?

And yes, alot of straight males have at one time or another objectified women and had banter similar to what Trump has done. But not this consistently and not in the public eye to a TV host.

Quote:

To me, it's smart to raise the specter of Bill's alleged crimes, and Hillary's complicity. It gives people who might vote for him a reason to give Trump a pass. It's not going to convert any Clinton fanatics. You don't need to beat people over the head with it. Just pump it up in the collective consciousness a bit. Remind them that if your high school age daughter won a weekend with the Clintons, you'd throw the notice in the trash and never tell her about it. The same is true of Trump, but that means it's not a reason to favor one or the other.

Bill's approval rating during the last years of his presidency was usually around 60%, despite the allegations and the unproven rape/assaults. The point is is that Bill Clinton's scandals have been already judged.

Keeping the campaign focused away from the actual issues (defense, economy, civil unrest, environment, world affairs) is only harmful for the American people who should be focusing on doing what is right for America. Character is important too. Hillary has demonstrated her ideas on those issue. You may not like that. You may believe that America is weakening. And to a great extent, it is. Morally, it is weak because it extols virtue yet has a gigantic porn industry which devalues women and demonstrates weakness when it comes to the justification to keep Gitmo open. Financially, in many sectors, it is weaker as 1+ billion slowly enter the middle class in China and America has not taken enough aggressive action on its deficit, which is to, like it or not, raise taxes AND shrink government. Scientifically, it is weaker because of a failed educational system. Healthwise, it is weaker because ObamaCare has been a bust because it is weak and doesn't reduce cost. Some of these things have been out of America's control (like China). Alot of other things are. Hillary's election with the continued gridlock (though the Senate might turn Democrat) will not help matters.

Trump's promise to "Make America Great Again" resonates. But his solutions will NOT make America great again.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
  • Threads: 31
October 10th, 2016 at 8:35:36 AM permalink
https://www.yahoo.com/music/voice-star-meghan-linsey-speaks-out-about-sexual-harassment-in-frank-trump-inspired-facebook-post-212149195.html

Here is an excerpt:

To my friends defending Donald Trump’s disgusting comments about women,” Linsey writes. “When I was touring with Steel Magnolia in 2010, a very powerful man in the music business grabbed up my skirt. He was groping me and proceeded to try to pick me up by my ass on a bus in front of a lot of important people.

“I was mortified and told him not to touch me and to put me down. It caused quite a scene and I could tell that he was embarrassed and angry. The next night he came up behind me and whispered in my ear, he said, ‘I have boats bigger than you could ever imagine, and I could put you in the middle of the ocean where no one would ever hear from you again. Just remember that.’ He laughed and walked away.

“I stood there still with chills running through me. I couldn’t believe what he had just said to me. I knew I had to tell someone. I called my manager and she told me to never breathe a word of that story to anyone ever. I told the head of my label and he told me the same thing. They both said if I wanted to have a career in country music then I could never say anything about it out loud, to anyone.

“Men have done far worse things to me in the past, but this was the first time I was told I couldn’t say anything because of how it would affect my career. Because of how powerful he was, he could do anything he wanted to me. If I wanted to have a singing career, then I had to let him grab me wherever he wanted and he was allowed to threaten me. It was only I who had consequences to pay if I didn’t comply.”
ams288
ams288
October 10th, 2016 at 8:40:19 AM permalink
A real profile in courage: Paul Ryan says he will not defend Donald Trump (but he will not rescind his endorsement of him for the most powerful job in the world).

Trump is going to tear the GOP apart over the next four weeks. And I am LOVING it. They deserve this.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
October 10th, 2016 at 8:57:54 AM permalink
Quote: 777

https://www.yahoo.com/music/voice-star-meghan-linsey-speaks-out-about-sexual-harassment-in-frank-trump-inspired-facebook-post-212149195.html

Here is an excerpt:

Quote: more excerpt

"Linsey concludes by saying “rape culture has to stop… If you are calling it ‘locker room talk’ or ‘just what men do’ or saying ‘it was 11 years ago’ or ‘he was just trying to sound cool while talking to a young reporter,’ then YOU are a HUGE part of the problem. I want to live in a world where women don’t have to be quiet anymore. I’m tired of living in a country where 97 out of 100 rapists walk free. I don’t want a president who perpetuates rape culture and sets the already skewed standard for how men are allowed to treat women. Real men don’t talk like that, real men don’t sexually assault and rape women. Period.”

Linsey agreed to let Yahoo Music publicly post her Facebook essay, but said she’d “rather not name names” regarding the identity of her groper on the bus."

"If anyone thinks it's "cool" or "boys being boys", YOU are a part of the problem." Yet she would "rather not name names".

I wanna live in a world where women don't have to be quiet anymore, but I'M not going to do anything about it, even though the exact opportunity needed is sitting right before me.

*misanthropy intensifies*
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
October 10th, 2016 at 9:06:52 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I don't understand why this video is so surprising or shocking. Who thought Donald was a complete gentlemen in the first place? I'll fault him for talking like that with a microphone on, which a public figure should always assume is live. However, in my 51 years on earth I've noticed the men that talk like that get women, and those who don't, don't.

Based on numerous accusations of Trump's misbehavior toward women, his mistreatments of his exes, his public abusive language toward women, I strongly believe that Trump had sexually abused and took advantage of many women because of his power and position in the business world.

With regarding to the video of Trump's lewd conversation about women in 2005, I think people put too much focus on where he did or did not commit those acts or it is just talk, and I think it is the wrong focus. Looking at Trump's "body of work," and the recent discovery of the 2005 video, my main focus is on Trump's abusive of power while he is a person with power in the business world, and my subsequent concern is his abuse of power if he were given the POTUS title.

Trump's temperament, past and current conducts had led me to believe and greatly worry that he will abuse his political power if he were given the POTUS title.
MichaelBluejay
MichaelBluejay
October 10th, 2016 at 9:15:44 AM permalink
Quote: Face

"I wanna live in a world where women don't have to be quiet anymore, but I'M not going to do anything about it, even though the exact opportunity needed is sitting right before me."

You do know that Linsey was drugged and gang-raped while in high school, right? So if she doesn't feel comfortable naming the man who threatened to dump her body in the ocean, I say: cut her some slack.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
October 10th, 2016 at 9:30:08 AM permalink

You do know that Linsey was drugged and gang-raped while in high school, right? So if she doesn't feel comfortable naming the man who threatened to dump her body in the ocean, I say: cut her some slack.

There's probably no one as out of touch with pop culture than I, so no, I had no idea.

However, wouldn't that make her the EXACT person who should not stand for anything approaching horse crap like this? I mean... Jesus. I just went from a /rolleye over the hypocrisy to now being straight pissed off at the cowardice.

Is there something actually measurable, a scientific difference in brain structure, between those on the right and those on the left? I can SORT OF understand your take on giving slack, but I don't understand it intimately. I can't think like that, like, almost literally unable to. Thinking of sensitive offenses in which I've been the victim or have been close to the victim, they are all things I now rigidly stand up and speak out against. Isn't that the correct play?

I dunno. I can in some distant way understand "giving slack", but that side is microscopic compared to the side that is all but screaming "don't you dare endorse cowardice".

I won't demonize her. But I'll be the first in line to lend labor to build her a backbone, as I find her actions (or lack thereof) unacceptable.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
October 10th, 2016 at 9:35:10 AM permalink
Thanks for the displays of mental gymnastics to defend identical, and perhaps far worse, behavior from BOTH of the Clintons. Illustrates my point well. I'm sure if Sarah Palin was running and there was a decent case to be made that Todd was a serial rapist, and she'd tried to destroy his victims, you'd react the same way. Like I said, many liberals would desperately want virtually any other man in jail. Especially if he was rich and powerful.

That music industry guy sounds like a big a-hole. If Trump did the same thing, you could knock me over with a feather. But all we really know is he made some vulgar comments, said he hits on married women, and said he gropes women and they like it. I've always thought he was a yuge a-hole. Never watched his show, for example. But this is hardly a surprise.

The other stuff is pretty divergent. Personally, I have no problem with objectifying people in the short run and in the right context. I think it's natural and harmless. I think most of us love to, or would love to, be sexually objectified at times and it is overwhelmingly obvious. Now, if you see the opposite sex as nothing more than toys/tools to be used, then you have some problems. But, you can watch porn and love your mom or dad (women watch plenty of porn, for the fantastically naive, as do gay men). You can hook up with attractive people and respect your co-workers of the opposite gender.

I have no real problem with porn or any kind of sex work.

People who think The United States is a "rape culture" are certifiably insane. "Rapists and murderers" is a cliche, because rape is universally regarded as one of the worst crimes and it is severely punished. Rape cultures are the ones where the victim is considered an adulteress.
October 10th, 2016 at 9:40:37 AM permalink

"If anyone thinks it's "cool" or "boys being boys", YOU are a part of the problem." Yet she would "rather not name names".

I wanna live in a world where women don't have to be quiet anymore, but I'M not going to do anything about it, even though the exact opportunity needed is sitting right before me.

If she has the financial resource and the celebrity power like Taylor Swift, I think she would not be afraid of naming names ( http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/taylor-swift-files-countersuit-against-radio-host-fired-for-backstage-grope-20151029 )

Her refusal to name names is strictly due to her being a small fish, and fear of having her career completely destroy and financially ruined by those with power. I personally think she should name names, but I understand and 100% support her personally decision for not naming names.

To express your misanthropy using Meghan Linsey as an example is not appropriate. Your expression of misanthropy is more appropriate is you cite the lack of courage from many Republican politicians and their GOP citizens.
October 10th, 2016 at 9:56:10 AM permalink
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/buffett-just-released-own-tax-160701279.html

Buffett Just Released His Own Tax Data to Hammer Trump

Billionaire Warren Buffett, who supports Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton, released information from his personal taxes and challenged Republican Donald Trump to do the same.

“I have been audited by the IRS multiple times and am currently being audited,” Buffett said in a statement Monday, reporting adjusted gross income of $11.6 million on his 2015 return and deductions of $5.5 million. “I have no problem in releasing my tax information while under audit. Neither would Mr. Trump –- at least he would have no legal problem.”

The remarks escalate the Berkshire Hathaway Inc. chairman’s clash with Trump, who has rebuffed calls to release his returns, citing an audit. In a debate Sunday, Trump acknowledged using a loss in 1995 to offset tax obligations and sought to liken the approach to the strategy used by some of Clinton’s wealthy supporters, including Buffett.

“He has not seen my income tax returns. But I am happy to give him the facts,” Buffett said in the statement. “I have paid federal income tax every year since 1944, when I was 13. (Though, being a slow starter, I owed only $7 in tax that year.) I have copies of all 72 of my returns and none uses a carryforward.”
ams288
ams288
October 10th, 2016 at 10:08:08 AM permalink
New national NBC/WSJ poll taken after #TrumpTape:

Clinton 46
Trump 35
Johnson 9
Stein 2

It gets even worse for Trump in a two way race:

Clinton 52
Trump 38

Burn baby burn!!
Joeshlabotnik
Joeshlabotnik
October 10th, 2016 at 10:28:47 AM permalink

Rape culture won't die out until the deplorables do--and we've had it demonstrated to us just how numerous and powerful they still are. For so many of them, touching a woman without her consent isn't assault--it's exercising a male prerogative.

And while Trump is probably worse than most, I don't think that his attitude is all that uncommon among older white alpha males. You get the power, you can rape with impunity. It's not any different from the conquering army expected, by custom, to have its way with the women of the conquered (many Iraqis were frankly puzzled that our soldiers didn't act like, say, the Russians in Afghanistan). Power=sexual license.

That feeds into the Republican narrative of economic power trumping (heh) any other consideration, including decency or morality. And yes, I know Bill Clinton is/was a horndog too.
October 10th, 2016 at 10:32:13 AM permalink

Some may consider Trump's special prosecutor is just talk as a mean to manipulate RonC and other trumpers. But you look at Trump's "body of work" that includes his temperament, pass and current conducts, you can form a vision of Trump as a dictator.

Trump must not be given the POTUS title because he will abuse his power and destroy our democracy.
October 10th, 2016 at 10:39:49 AM permalink

LOL - less than two hours before the debate and Trump holds a press conference with some of Bill Clinton's old accusers.

This will not end well for Trump.

And these accusers were paid to appear.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/trailguide/la-na-campaign-2016-updates-morning-woman-who-accuses-the-clintons-got-paid-1476109925-htmlstory.html
  • Jump to: