4 votes (3.36%)
3 votes (2.52%)

119 members have voted

Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 28
November 9th, 2016 at 8:40:43 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

...Who knows, maybe the system did need a Molotov cocktail, as Michael Moore put it last night...

A molotov cocktail would be gentle compared to this... Like, people who voted for him aren't "sticking it to the man" and "changing things up" in the white house... They are complete f*cking morons.

The guys own mouth proves he's a rapist, racist, sexist, fear mongering bigot.

The guys own healthcare plan and mouth prove he's going to overturn roe v wade and set the country back 100 years in women's rights.

The guys own tax plan proves we're going to get the largest tax breaks to the wealthy since the 2nd depression these caused with Bush, and the highest tax hike to the middle class, as well as trillions in debt that will take us another 100 years to recover from.

This is just a forum of people that don't really know each other. Even on my own facebook with personal and close friends I've been telling them... You can be a nice person. You can be someone I care about... but when you voted for trump you unequivocally outed yourself as an uninformed f*cking idiot.

#BurnTheBridges2016

*p.s. I don't support hillary and think she is the embodiment of corruption in our political system... That being said it's clear to anyone with logic and reasoning that she was by far the shinier of the two turds for our country.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
November 9th, 2016 at 9:01:40 AM permalink
Nobody believes Trump is a rapist.
I am a robot.
VCUSkyhawk
VCUSkyhawk
  • Threads: 21
November 9th, 2016 at 9:03:59 AM permalink
Quote: Romes

You can be someone I care about... but when you voted for trump you unequivocally outed yourself as an uninformed f*cking idiot.

This is the first presidential election I have voted in (6 total) where I did not vote for the republican. I voted Johnson. That being said, people like you are exactly why people get pushed to the extreme side of the spectrum. You don't want to listen to rationale, you just want to insult. YOU are to blame for the Donald's presidency.
I got a plan, we take all your picks we reverse them like one of those twilight zone episodes where everything is the opposite. You say "black" we go white.
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
November 9th, 2016 at 9:06:32 AM permalink
I never thought the people who were upset at the system would trump (no pun intended) the establishment. This is history.

Oh well I made $80. Going to do some AP plays later today. NBD
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
November 9th, 2016 at 9:10:12 AM permalink

...Who knows, maybe the system did need a Molotov cocktail, as Michael Moore put it last night...

A molotov cocktail would be gentle compared to this... Like, people who voted for him aren't "sticking it to the man" and "changing things up" in the white house... They are complete f*cking morons.

The guys own mouth proves he's a rapist, racist, sexist, fear mongering bigot.

The guys own healthcare plan and mouth prove he's going to overturn roe v wade and set the country back 100 years in women's rights.

The guys own tax plan proves we're going to get the largest tax breaks to the wealthy since the 2nd depression these caused with Bush, and the highest tax hike to the middle class, as well as trillions in debt that will take us another 100 years to recover from.

This is just a forum of people that don't really know each other. Even on my own facebook with personal and close friends I've been telling them... You can be a nice person. You can be someone I care about... but when you voted for trump you unequivocally outed yourself as an uninformed f*cking idiot.

#BurnTheBridges2016

*p.s. I don't support hillary and think she is the embodiment of corruption in our political system... That being said it's clear to anyone with logic and reasoning that she was by far the shinier of the two turds for our country.

Tldr Not everyone thinks like me and they're all a buncha stupid dummies wah wah wah. Pull yourself together.
100% risk of ruin
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
  • Threads: 88
November 9th, 2016 at 9:16:49 AM permalink
Quote: Boz

After midnight Eastern time. My self imposed ban is over. There were 3 people who kept me from posting. ...
To ME....you are the hardest. To you, I give you a heart. Oh wait, that's the Wizard of Oz. To you....stop the hatred that you hide behind numbers. Most of us are not as educated or as smart as you. But my suggestion is to stop insulting us with debating our intelligence. Don't mistake us as stupid dumb rednecks. Most of us on here have made a good living based on the system put in front of us. You tried to insult us with your logic. How did that work out? I don't have good wishes for you based on your posts, but I hope you see there are more opportunities out there for people willing to make a difference. You can either be a part of it or bitch about it. I hope you pick the former.

How did I prevent you from posting?

And what "us" are you talking about that is somehow distinct from myself? Because I'm also part of the "us" that's made a good living based on the system put in front of us, and I'm not insulting myself as a stupid dumb redneck. I built my career from whole cloth and I've been working for myself for the vast majority of the past 15 years. I've successfully navigated the system that was put in front of me, just as you presumably have.

And the only hatred I feel is for willful ignorance, the idea that people as a group are collectively better off knowing less. Several members on this forum hold that view -- I don't know if you're one of them -- but I think it's objectively and provably wrong. I make no apologies for that, and I will critique anti-education and anti-intellectualism as I see fit. This is a forum dedicated to gaming mathematics, after all. If you think that justifies your ill-wishes, so be it. But I won't return them. Instead, I hope you and I both prosper under whatever changes are coming to that system.
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
  • Threads: 88
November 9th, 2016 at 9:27:25 AM permalink

I, for one, will give him a chance.
I admit I voted against him. Yet Trump's win is not the end of the world as we know it. Clinton never earned my enthusiasm but at least she was the safe choice. Who knows, maybe the system did need a Molotov cocktail, as Michael Moore put it last night.

I have no choice but to give him a chance. I honestly don't know what will be better for the U.S. in the long term, if Trump fails as a president or if Trump succeeds. If he fails, the next four years will suck but at least we'll have a dramatic return to normalcy in four years (and probably two). If he succeeds, he'll be living proof that preparation, experience, and decency don't matter and that winging it and insulting vast groups of people while ignoring science to suit your narrative is a perfectly acceptable way to govern.

And perhaps he's celebrating with a "Mazel Tov cocktail" instead?
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
Romes
Romes
November 9th, 2016 at 9:29:09 AM permalink
Quote: VCUSkyhawk

This is the first presidential election I have voted in (6 total) where I did not vote for the republican. I voted Johnson. That being said, people like you are exactly why people get pushed to the extreme side of the spectrum. You don't want to listen to rationale, you just want to insult. YOU are to blame for the Donald's presidency.

100% incorrect. EVERY SINGLE post/conversation/debate I had with ANYONE about this election was sourced, sited, and without any name calling nor a harsh tone even.

This is "after the fact" because apparently it's acceptable, and cool, to just say the most ridiculous things because then hey, I'm "telling it like it is."
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 80
November 9th, 2016 at 9:29:19 AM permalink

Do you really think it will be overturned in his term? I would bet against that.
Order from chaos
Romes
Romes
November 9th, 2016 at 9:29:56 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

Nobody believes Trump is a rapist.

Neither is Bill Cosby then?

Quote: DRich

Do you really think it will be overturned in his term? I would bet against that.

One of the first things he'll do is appoint a justice, which he already said would be one to overturn roe v wade... 4 years is a long enough time to get that to happen, and even if he indirectly makes it happen 10 years from now, is that somehow better?

• Jump to: