3 votes (2.52%)

119 members have voted

OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
  • Threads: 51
November 3rd, 2016 at 4:19:54 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

I think sexting is childish behavior. I think inability to stop texting is a sign of deep emotional issues.

I think tweeting is childish behavior. I think inability to stop tweeting is a sign of deep emotional issues.
Beware. The earth is NOT flat. Hit and run is not a winning strategy: Pressing into trends IS not a winning strategy: Progressives are not a winning strategy: Don't Buy It! .Don't even take it for free.
  • Threads: 30
November 3rd, 2016 at 4:34:12 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

AZDuffman thinks it's a more fair way. That tells you all you need to know as to who it benefits....

I think Scalia cited the 14th amendment's Equal Protection clause in his reasoning when he APPOINTED George Bush as a POTUS in the Bush v. Gore.

If you apply Scalia's logic, then inconsistent or selective "gerrymandering" the Presidential election by States is not constitutional. For gerrymandering to be constitutional, the Constitution must be amended to IMPOSE gerrymandering in the Presidential Election on ALL 50 states.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
  • Threads: 88
November 3rd, 2016 at 4:51:08 PM permalink

I'm not being deceived at all. I want a candidate that shares more of my values.

Trump's values include making fun of women he deems unattractive and mocking disabled people. No decent person shares those values. Trump's values are based on exclusion and discrimination and bigotry and meanness. We don't need any more meanness. What we need is more people with a well-developed sense of decency.

Quote:

I do not want a candidate who upon seeing the government stealing 40% of a person's wealth at just the federal level screams "NOT ENOUGH!" and plans to take even more.

I want an educated electorate who understands the difference between wealth and income. I want a citizenry who understands that paying taxes to fund the government programs that their elected representatives enact is a civic obligation, not some illegitimate suggestion that can and should be dodged. Enjoying public benefits and then skipping out on taxes is no different than enjoying a restaurant meal and running out before the bill gets there.

Quote:

If Trump wins I will know we still have a USA that believes in electing the better person.

Here's your better person:

"I always wanted to get the Purple Heart."

"Jon Stewart is a pussy."

"I’d fire Rosie O’Donnell. I mean, I’d look at her right in that fat, ugly face of hers..."

"if Ivanka weren’t my daughter, perhaps I’d be dating her."

"You know, it doesn’t really matter what [the media] write as long as you’ve got a young and beautiful piece of ass."

"Nobody has more respect for women than I do."

Trump is a showman, so I can't tell whether he's actually a wretched person or just playing the part of a wretched person. But it really doesn't matter. What matters is that he's got tens of millions of people voting for him either because of or in spite of the fact that he acts like a wretched person. That's just so shameful.
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 229
November 3rd, 2016 at 5:00:02 PM permalink
Quote: MathExtremist

We don't need any more meanness. What we need is more people with a well-developed sense of decency.

Good luck with that.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 229
November 3rd, 2016 at 5:06:06 PM permalink
Quote: 777

I think Scalia cited the 14th amendment's Equal Protection clause in his reasoning when he APPOINTED George Bush as a POTUS in the Bush v. Gore.

I still fail to see how stopping Gore's attempts to steal an election is appointing the winner.

Now, the 14th applied because Gore knew his chances of stealing the election improved if he only disputed votes in the most heavily Democrat counties. So adding Gore votes there and not in a more conservative county would indeed violate Equal Protection. I'm not even a lawyer and can easily understand that.

States may select electors however they feel fit. If the congressional districts are approved and they want to do it that way then this is a good thing. It would protect the interests of the rural areas over the big cities. Would also dilute attempted voter fraud in big cities since you would not be able to steal nearly as many electors. More I think on it the more sense it makes!
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
November 3rd, 2016 at 5:14:05 PM permalink

Good luck with that.

My high school civics teacher once taught us that a distinction between liberal and conservative political views is their view of human decency: the liberal view is optimistic, the conservative view is pessimistic.

I've been screwed over by enough business partners that I should be a total cynic by now, but I'm not (yet). I still think that most people are basically good, and I try to act accordingly. If Trump acted the same way, he'd be winning in a landslide.
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
November 3rd, 2016 at 5:16:46 PM permalink
I've heard (many times) liberals vote with their heart while conservatives vote with their brain.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
November 3rd, 2016 at 5:27:25 PM permalink
Quote: Melania Trump

We have to find a better way to talk to each other, to disagree with each other, to respect each other.

Oh, the irony.
terapined
terapined
November 3rd, 2016 at 5:28:22 PM permalink

We don't need any more meanness. What we need is more people with a well-developed sense of decency.

Good luck with that.

My high school civics teacher once taught us that a distinction between liberal and conservative political views is their view of human decency: the liberal view is optimistic, the conservative view is pessimistic.

I've been screwed over by enough business partners that I should be a total cynic by now, but I'm not (yet). I still think that most people are basically good, and I try to act accordingly. If Trump acted the same way, he'd be winning in a landslide.

We are all looking at the same partially filled glass
Libs, its half full, cool
Conservatives, its half empty, damm
WOV supports censorship. Bring back free speech challenging lies.
crazydazy
crazydazy
  • Threads: 7
November 3rd, 2016 at 5:36:48 PM permalink

The fact that she had it at all breaks policies and laws. And it WAS hacked, by at least 5 entities they say.

GOOD! We should keep them out. Maybe you are blind to what muslims are doing in Europe, but it is still happening. And there is no "right" to enter the USA if you are not a citizen. I don't care if it is not PC or "not who we are." You are talking about cultural destruction. Ask the average German how all those muslims are working out for them.

It's good that we discriminate people on the basis of what they believe in? What are Muslims doing in Europe by the way besides dealing with xenophobia, like in France where they banned burkas in public. I hope you realize more people die from shark attacks and falling coconuts than radical terrorism annually in the western world.

Your closed-mindedness speaks volumes.

• Jump to: