3 votes (2.52%)

119 members have voted

SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
July 13th, 2016 at 11:38:35 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

I'll take that as a "no."

Then you are saying that they are not U.S. judges. The painful evasion is noted. Keep chuckling about the rule of law along with, now, the Code of Conduct for United States Judges.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
July 13th, 2016 at 11:40:00 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

I guess you expect her to make derogatory comments and him not to react.

Of course not. I just expect a Presidential candidate to not act like a childish asshole and be more professional than a Supreme Court Judge.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
July 13th, 2016 at 11:41:22 AM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

Of course not. I just expect a Presidential candidate to not act like a childish asshole and be more professional than a Supreme Court Judge.

Why? He isn't the one wearing judicial robes and handing down pronouncements about the law the affect everyone.
TigerWu
TigerWu
July 13th, 2016 at 11:42:28 AM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

Then you are saying that they are not U.S. judges.

I haven't really been following what you guys have been arguing about, but no, justices are not technically judges. They operate differently and are bound by different laws.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
July 13th, 2016 at 11:45:07 AM permalink

You have declared they are not. You cannot back that up, once again.

Here you go:

Quote:

U.S. Supreme Court justices are not required to follow the code of judicial conduct that applies to judges on lower federal courts. The code, set by the U.S. Judicial Conference, says judges should not "make speeches for a political organization or candidate, or publicly endorse or oppose a candidate for public office."

COMMENTARY:

ams288 was correct when he said, "The Supreme Court is not subject to this Code of Conduct."

SanchoPanza was incorrect when he implied the code applied to them when he responded to above statement by asking, "Oh, they are not U.S. judges?" and failed to provide any evidence that they were subject to this code.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
ams288
ams288
July 13th, 2016 at 11:45:10 AM permalink
duplicate
TigerWu
TigerWu
July 13th, 2016 at 11:46:58 AM permalink

Why? He isn't the one wearing judicial robes and handing down pronouncements about the law the affect everyone.

Are you seriously asking me why a serious Presidential candidate should be acting more professional than a Supreme Court Judge? I honestly don't know how to answer that, other than to say that the President, or someone who wants to be President, should be the epitome of professionalism. I don't care what job they do or don't do, or who is passing legal pronouncements... It's the gosh damned Presidency.

That's just my opinion, though. Apparently we disagree on it!
ams288
ams288
July 13th, 2016 at 11:47:25 AM permalink

Then you are saying that they are not U.S. judges. The painful evasion is noted. Keep chuckling about the rule of law along with, now, the Code of Conduct for United States Judges.

I always enjoy when you seem so sure about something like this, but then it turns out you are completely wrong.

Perhaps you should take a step back, and maybe try to analyze whether this happens more often than you realize....
RonC
RonC
July 13th, 2016 at 11:58:30 AM permalink

Are you seriously asking me why a serious Presidential candidate should be acting more professional than a Supreme Court Judge? I honestly don't know how to answer that, other than to say that the President, or someone who wants to be President, should be the epitome of professionalism. I don't care what job they do or don't do, or who is passing legal pronouncements... It's the gosh damned Presidency.

That's just my opinion, though. Apparently we disagree on it!

Apparently, professionalism is not all that important to the Presidency...you've elected twice a guy who says shit like:

"We flood communities with so many guns that it is easier for a teenager to buy a Glock than get his hands on a computer or even a book."

President Obama
Dallas (Yesterday)

http://time.com/4403543/president-obama-dallas-shooting-memorial-service-speech-transcript/

Does he really even think that is anywhere close to a true statement?
ams288
ams288
July 13th, 2016 at 12:05:25 PM permalink

Apparently, professionalism is not all that important to the Presidency...you've elected twice a guy who says shit like:

"We flood communities with so many guns that it is easier for a teenager to buy a Glock than get his hands on a computer or even a book."

President Obama
Dallas (Yesterday)

http://time.com/4403543/president-obama-dallas-shooting-memorial-service-speech-transcript/

Does he really even think that is anywhere close to a true statement?

What does that have to do with professionalism?

And are you saying you'd rather have teenagers get Glocks over computers or books?
Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
July 13th, 2016 at 12:13:29 PM permalink

That's funny, because for 8 years now, the conservatives and republican party have been telling people that President Barack Obama is a lawless dictator.
RonC
RonC
July 13th, 2016 at 12:50:18 PM permalink

What does that have to do with professionalism?

He made an obviously false statement. Teenagers can't legally buy guns in the first place...plus they cost a hell of a lot more than a book. No...books can be found but you have to WANT to buy one.

And are you saying you'd rather have teenagers get Glocks over computers or books?

Yes, of course. That is what I would prefer.

How in the love of the Flying Freaking Spaghetti Monster did you come up with that?
ams288
ams288
July 13th, 2016 at 1:14:16 PM permalink

He made an obviously false statement. Teenagers can't legally buy guns in the first place...

You seriously think he was referring to legal sales of Glocks, and not illegal sales on the streets?
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
July 13th, 2016 at 2:06:40 PM permalink

You seriously think he was referring to legal sales of Glocks, and not illegal sales on the streets?

You are being obtuse. Probably intentionally. The President said it was easier to obtain a firearm than a book. Under any circumstance it is easier to obtain a book. Period. Legal or otherwise.
If you would have said "The President is obviously exaggerating to make a point..." then your argument would have some credence. But to not admit he was flat out wrong is just silly on your part.

As far as the Ginsburg gaffe.... I don't need a formal code of ethics that she is bound to, to know she made an error. If she started each session by turning around and farting at the audience, would you say "There is nothing in her job description that prevents her from doing that?" I can only imagine your response if Clarence Thomas said "How can anyone vote for a woman who ignored her husbands philandering to advance her career, didn't do her best to save American lives overseas, couldn't figure out how to safely guard US secrets, ruthlessly went after aggrieved women to protect the Clinton legacy, accomplished less than nothing in her time in the Senate, complained to the American people about 'being broke', had her husband shmooze the Attorney general who might be involved in prosecuting her, etc...." You get the point.

In other news, I saw Trump being interviewed by Bill O'Reilly. He failed miserably. He couldn't answer softball questions about race relations. He couldn't answer softball questions about anything..... HOW IS IT THAT THESE ARE OUR TWO OPTIONS???????
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
July 13th, 2016 at 3:12:57 PM permalink
Until recently,there were large swaths of inner cities where the only wi-fi available was the local MickeyDs. When its easier for a kid in the projects to buy dope from the dozens of local dealers than it is to access the internet, we have a problem.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
ams288
ams288
July 13th, 2016 at 3:16:53 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

You are being obtuse. Probably intentionally.

I was being acute. Unintentionally.
RonC
RonC
July 13th, 2016 at 4:15:31 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Until recently,there were large swaths of inner cities where the only wi-fi available was the local MickeyDs. When its easier for a kid in the projects to buy dope from the dozens of local dealers than it is to access the internet, we have a problem.

No one said there was no problem. There is a problem. The policies we have in place have not fixed it. It is time to look for new policies.

It still isn't "easier" to buy a Glock than a book--one first has to get a decent sum of money to by a Glock. Let's face it, some people want a Glock more than they want a book. A book? Five dollars? Less? No, you actual;y have to figure out HOW to get people to want to buy a Glock LESS than they want to buy a book.

The President's comment was out of place.
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
  • Threads: 37
July 13th, 2016 at 4:41:49 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

WTF? They giving away free WI-Fi in the inner cities now? Being one of the people that pays for whatever 'they' decide to give away for 'free', Feathers not so happy now.....

Feathers has to pay for his Wi-Fi....
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
July 13th, 2016 at 5:37:17 PM permalink
Its easier to buy a glock than "the book."
ams288
ams288
July 14th, 2016 at 7:12:49 AM permalink
RBG has issued an apology to Donald Trump.

Wonder if he will accept her apology?
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
  • Threads: 37
July 14th, 2016 at 7:28:22 AM permalink
Don't you just hate it when a Supreme Court Justice has a too many glasses of wine and gets all crazy?
Maybe if she were 50 years younger it would be a different story ;-!

Now the Donald, maybe he should take a sip or two a day just to calm his ass down ;-)

Good Grief
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
ams288
ams288
July 14th, 2016 at 11:03:58 AM permalink
All signs seem to point to Indiana Governor Mike Pence as Trump's VP pick.

Seems like the "safe" choice. Republicans generally like him.

And as far as I know, he hasn't asked any of his wives for an open relationship a la Newt.
soxfan
soxfan
  • Threads: 9
July 14th, 2016 at 4:40:32 PM permalink
There are no peaceful, non-violent solutions, NONE, hey hey!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzSfeLBqkWY
" Life is a well of joy; but where the rabble drinks too, all wells are poisoned!" Nietzsche
Paradigm
Paradigm
  • Threads: 42
July 14th, 2016 at 5:09:31 PM permalink

And as far as I know, he hasn't asked any of his wives for an open relationship a la Newt.

I am not sure this would a be a big obstacle for Trump/Newt when running against Hillary and Bill's relationship at the top of the Dems ticket.
ams288
ams288
July 14th, 2016 at 6:27:27 PM permalink
Trump has postponed his VP announcement.

Couldn't agree with this tweet more:

Quote:

This is important. Trump is exposing to the world his inability to make an important decision, & his cowardice by hiding behind a tragedy

ams288
ams288
July 15th, 2016 at 8:03:43 AM permalink
It's official. Trump tweeted that Mike Pence is his VP choice.

It's a safe, boring pick. Which for the Trump campaign, is probably a good idea.

Pence is very anti-gay and anti-woman, so some of the righties who don't think Trump is conservative enough may be happy. (<--- I just re-read this sentence out loud to myself and LOLed).
TigerWu
TigerWu
July 15th, 2016 at 10:06:52 AM permalink

It's official. Trump tweeted that Mike Pence is his VP choice.

It's a safe, boring pick. Which for the Trump campaign, is probably a good idea.

Pence is very anti-gay and anti-woman, so some of the righties who don't think Trump is conservative enough may be happy. (<--- I just re-read this sentence out loud to myself and LOLed).

I was honestly hoping he was going to go with someone more left than he is. He doesn't need to court Republicans. He needs to court moderates like me and liberals who don't want to vote for Hillary.

Quote:

Probably not. But I've been thinking, regardless of the whole RBG flap, she should retire anyway. She's freakin' 83 years old. That's way too old to be working in a job with such importance.
ams288
ams288
July 15th, 2016 at 10:43:39 AM permalink
Quote: DanaBashCNN

Scoop: @realDonaldTrump was so unsure about @mike_pence that around midnight last night he asked top aides if he could get out of it

😂
ams288
ams288
July 17th, 2016 at 6:34:36 PM permalink
Donald Trump made a fool of himself tonight on 60 Minutes.

Shocking, I know.

Mike Pence voted for the Iraq war.

Quote:

STAHL: What do you mean you don't care that he voted for?

TRUMP: It's a long time ago. And he voted that way and they were also misled. A lot of information was given to people...

STAHL: But you’ve harped on this.

TRUMP: But I was against the war in Iraq from the beginning.

STAHL: Yeah, but you’ve used that vote of Hillary's that was the same as Governor Pence as the example of her bad judgment.

TRUMP: Many people have, and frankly, I'm one of the few that was right on Iraq.

STAHL: Yeah, but what about he —?

TRUMP: He's entitled to make a mistake every once in a while.

STAHL: But she's not? Okay, come on—

TRUMP: But she's not—

STAHL: She's not?

TRUMP: No. She’s not.

STAHL: Got it.

rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
July 18th, 2016 at 9:56:48 AM permalink
Trump's ghostwriter for "The Art of the Deal" calls it a work of fiction.

Quote:

The Art of the Deal,” his best-selling autobiography, as a business bible that demonstrates the sharp negotiating prowess he would bring to the presidency. The book, released in 1987, details his rise to the top of New York’s real estate world; it helped spawn his career as a reality television star and cemented his image as a winner with a golden touch.

But Tony Schwartz, the book’s ghostwriter, who spent 18 months in the 1980s interviewing and shadowing Mr. Trump, says that it is really a work of fiction.

Quote:

Mr. Schwartz, a former magazine writer who said he worked on the book because he needed the money, told the writer Jane Mayer that he painted Mr. Trump in the most positive light that he could, thinking that a sympathetic character would be better for the book’s sales than a story about a cruel tycoon. If he could do it over again, however, Mr. Schwartz said the book would be titled “The Sociopath.”

“I feel a deep sense of remorse that I contributed to presenting Trump in a way that brought him wider attention and made him more appealing than he is,” Mr. Schwartz said. “

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/19/us/politics/trump-book-tony-schwartz.html?_r=0
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
TigerWu
TigerWu
July 18th, 2016 at 11:05:31 AM permalink
I think it should be pretty clear at this point that based on the sheer and utter nonsense that spills out of his mouth, Trump's entire campaign strategy is "I'm not Hillary."

And honestly, I guess Hillary's strategy is "I'm not Trump."

Unfortunately for everyone else in the world, it seems to be working for both of them.
TigerWu
TigerWu
July 18th, 2016 at 1:30:20 PM permalink
Hey, anyone see how Paul Ryan is being mocked for the picture he took with all those interns? The criticisms are borderline racist, if not straight up so. Consider yourself privileged if your biggest complaint of the day is how many people of a certain color are or aren't in a candid picture. Must be nice to not have anything else in your life to worry about....
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
July 18th, 2016 at 2:01:21 PM permalink

Hey, anyone see how Paul Ryan is being mocked for the picture he took with all those interns? The criticisms are borderline racist, if not straight up so. Consider yourself privileged if your biggest complaint of the day is how many people of a certain color are or aren't in a candid picture. Must be nice to not have anything else in your life to worry about....

Those were GOP interns
I'm sure if the picture was all interns including Dems, the picture would not have been so white
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
July 18th, 2016 at 10:51:51 PM permalink
Oh dear.

Seriously, the Clinton strategy team must be rolling on the floor holding their bellies tearing up from laughter sometimes not believing some of the things Trump hands them.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
  • Threads: 88
July 18th, 2016 at 11:14:13 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Oh dear.

Seriously, the Clinton strategy team must be rolling on the floor holding their bellies tearing up from laughter sometimes not believing some of the things Trump hands them.

Beat me to it: apparently, the best speaker on the first night of the RNC was Michelle Obama.
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
  • Threads: 88
July 18th, 2016 at 11:47:45 PM permalink

Donald Trump made a fool of himself tonight on 60 Minutes.

Shocking, I know.

Mike Pence voted for the Iraq war.

The more important bit was at the end of the article:

Quote:

"She's virtually done nothing right," Trump said during his speech attacking Clinton last month. "She's virtually done nothing good. It all started with her bad judgment in supporting the war in Iraq in the first place."

In Trump's mind, Pence gets a pass on that judgment, rooted in bad intelligence. Trump himself gets a pass on not being able to present any evidence that his judgment was any different. Clinton, however, is riddled with bad judgment because of her stance on the issue.

This will cost him zero votes.

The people supporting Trump do not care that he is inconsistent, hypocritical, and paradoxical. That's how he's able to attract voters whose interests are diametrically opposed. It also helps that there are members of the voting public who would, rather than hear a clear policy position, have a candidate who naively addresses everything with "I'll fix it, trust me. I'll make it so much better, you won't even believe it. And it will be great, believe me, it will be great."
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
ams288
ams288
July 19th, 2016 at 6:32:03 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Oh dear.

From reporters on Morning Joe this morning:

Trump is furious.

Trump made it clear to everyone on his campaign that Melania's speech was the most important one. He wanted her to make a good impression (and she did - for about an hour, until everyone realized it was stolen from Michelle Obama).

Melania didn't even want to give a speech and Trump pushed her to do it! And then this happens.... disaster.

Melania has not been happy with the campaign for a while. She was mad at Trump's kids for pushing Mike Pence on their father. Trump didn't want him. They did. That is why Melania was noticeably absent from the press event the day Mike Pence was announced.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
July 19th, 2016 at 8:23:13 AM permalink

Melania didn't even want to give a speech and Trump pushed her to do it! And then this happens.... disaster.

Disaster? Seriously... how many votes do you think this will cost the Donald? 5? 10 maybe? You think people are waiting to decide on who to vote for based on the speech their spouse gives 4 months before the election? Believe that if it makes you happy.....
ams288
ams288
July 19th, 2016 at 8:33:26 AM permalink

Disaster? Seriously... how many votes do you think this will cost the Donald? 5? 10 maybe? You think people are waiting to decide on who to vote for based on the speech their spouse gives 4 months before the election? Believe that if it makes you happy.....

Did I say it would cost him votes?

I am fully aware that Donald Trump voters aren't exactly the most "logical" of folks. Nothing will sway them at this point.

It is a disaster for them personally. Trump forces his wife to give a speech she didn't want to give, and she ends up humiliated. She was already not happy with the direction of the campaign. Now this. D-I-S-A-S-T-E-R.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/report-trumps-campaign-is-in-a-save-my-marriage-moment-after-speech-plagiarism-crisis/
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
July 19th, 2016 at 8:35:07 AM permalink

I think this could - could - be a snowball starting at the top of a mountain, because it opens the door to criticism of her, where he's emotional and defensive, and emphasizes the incompetence of his staff and immediate circle. He's more likely now to say stupid things on camera than he was yesterday.

Speaking of, going to be hard to take this away from her. Matt Lauer interviewed them both on the plane that morning, and she specifically claimed full credit for the speech she was about to give, said she wrote it herself.

Doesn't matter if it changes Trump base voters. There aren't enough of them to elect him. It matters in the middle, and this doesn't help there. The question is how much it hurts, if at all.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
terapined
terapined
July 19th, 2016 at 8:39:58 AM permalink

Did I say it would cost him votes?

I am fully aware that Donald Trump voters aren't exactly the most "logical" of folks. Nothing will sway them at this point.

It is a disaster for them personally. Trump forces his wife to give a speech she didn't want to give, and she ends up humiliated. She was already not happy with the direction of the campaign. Now this. D-I-S-A-S-T-E-R.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/report-trumps-campaign-is-in-a-save-my-marriage-moment-after-speech-plagiarism-crisis/

Oh it gets worse
Now she is under the microscope
Looks like she lied regarding being a college graduate
1 year and she dropped out
Of course the Trump campaign has no comment about the lie
lol

http://gawker.com/trump-campaign-lies-about-melania-trumps-nonexistant-co-1783912735
  • Threads: 31
July 19th, 2016 at 9:22:01 AM permalink

Quote: 777

First, with regarding to the email/server controversy, she answered questions truthfully (either publicly or under oath) based on her knowledge AT THE TIME.

Now, let's talk about politician lying in general. Politician lying can be in many form: straight out lie, making "impossible" promise, exaggeration, distortion, misleading, evasive ... And ALL politicians lie in various forms and degrees.

Here are 3 quick examples, and you can research for ALL other politicians from ALL party affiliations.

Trump said he witnessed thousands of Muslim celebrating 9/11.

Trump said (or guaranteed ???) or Mexico will pay for the wall...

And the BIGGEST lie of all in this 2016 election is this lie:

RonC says he/she will not vote for Trump, or he/she is still undecided on Trump.

I guess you forgot to read this thread today...we've moved on at the request of ams288.

You can believe me or not; I could give a crap. Others have admitted Hillary lied and misled about the emails; the FBI Director even said so...you believed him when he said they could not convict her; not so much when he said she was not truthful. Meanwhile, you want to rail on about Trump's lies and distortions.

Was what you said an insult? Who knows. Maybe. I get it, of course...I sure don't want anyone suspended over it.

ams288--sorry...I was trying to talk about other issues but someone ^ just had to come back and do that ^. Please forgive me...

You were and still are so fixated on Mrs. Clinton's email controversy, and you conveniently use the email controversy as a mean to defend and promote your hero John Miller (another one of Trump’s countless lies).

Your continuation and regurgitation of your belief in Hillary’s lie(s) had made it necessary for me to bring your hero John Miller’s lies and your “lie” to the forefront of this political chat/debate. My judgment of you as being dishonest or disingenuous in your “undecided” declaration on John Miller is not an attack on your character, but rather it is my observation on your philosophical view point. IMO and frankly, your “undecided” declaration on John Miller is a flat-out lie on your part in this hot political debate. This is just my opinion/observation only, and I am sure there are others who feel otherwise.

In summary, I think you are a person with high integrity, ethical and moral standard in life, but when it comes to your “undecided” declaration on John Miller, I believe you are being dishonest or disingenuous. It is not my intent to insult you or anyone, and doing so would add nothing of value to this political chat. It is unfortunate that you felt insult by my observation in your “undecided” declaration. As Harry S Truman once said, “If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.”
July 19th, 2016 at 9:48:53 AM permalink

IMO, she should not publicly express her opinion on Trump.

Even though she did not apologize to Trump, she did acknowledge a regret (this is not really an apology) of publicly expressing her opinion on Trump. Here is an exact quote on her regret:

"On reflection, my recent remarks in response to press inquiries were ill-advised and I regret making them," Ginsburg said in a statement. "Judges should avoid commenting on a candidate for public office. In the future I will be more circumspect."
( http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/14/politics/ruth-bader-ginsburg-i-regret-making-donald-trump-remarks/ )

My take on Gingsburg's follow on press release on Trump: She believes Trump is still a bozo, but it is not wise to make her view point public considering her position as a SCOTUS's judge.

Although not exactly an apology, IMO, she handled the aftermath of her public comment correctly and professionally (Trump, on the other hand, double down on all of his foolishness's actions and refuses to admit and learn from his mistakes).
Last edited by: 777 on Jul 19, 2016
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
July 19th, 2016 at 9:55:40 AM permalink

This cracks me up
Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
July 19th, 2016 at 9:58:32 AM permalink
When your entire campaign is the message of "authenticity" (which is hilarious considering that Trump is a pathological liar, google his politifact file), then this SHOULD be a big deal. But I agree, it won't cost him any votes because his supporters simply don't care. They just want the wall, because, you know, they also have a wall in their house..../eye roll
TigerWu
TigerWu
July 19th, 2016 at 10:11:44 AM permalink
Quote: Steverinos

When your entire campaign is the message of "authenticity" (which is hilarious considering that Trump is a pathological liar, google his politifact file), then this SHOULD be a big deal.

I'm not even a Trump supporter and I don't think it's that big a deal. Both of those speeches are fairly generic in content, with a few similar buzzwords and phrases. I would like to see a list of how many similar speeches (graduations, motivational, etc.) over the last 10-20 years or so are similarly constructed. I bet it's a fairly large number. There are so many other things to criticize Trump for; this is just half a drop in the bucket.
terapined
terapined
July 19th, 2016 at 10:20:48 AM permalink

I'm not even a Trump supporter and I don't think it's that big a deal. Both of those speeches are fairly generic in content, with a few similar buzzwords and phrases. I would like to see a list of how many similar speeches (graduations, motivational, etc.) over the last 10-20 years or so are similarly constructed. I bet it's a fairly large number. There are so many other things to criticize Trump for; this is just half a drop in the bucket.

The whole thing is much ado about nothing
but
It just shows how the campaign does not understand the internet
These gotchas start on the internet
Its funny and entertaining in its own way
it goes viral because its funny and the media pick up on it

But according to the Trump campaign, its all Hillary's fault
WTF
Paul Mannafort
“I mean, this is, once again, an example of when a woman threatens Hillary Clinton, how she seeks out to demean her and take her down. It's not going to work"

Mannafort does understand the internet. lol
July 19th, 2016 at 10:25:05 AM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

This cracks me up

Who is the speech writer for Melania's speech?

Could this be another conspiracy theory where the writer is planted by the Democratic party? Or is this simply a case of unhappy employee (an independent contractor) seeking revenge because Trump still owns him/her money for his/her prior speech writings?
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
July 19th, 2016 at 10:39:10 AM permalink
Not a big deal. It's like when the republicans are criticizing Bill Clinton instead of Hillary. There's more than enough legitimate weaknesses with both of these candidates that it's completely unnecessary and pointless to bring the spouses into the discussion.
  • Jump to: