Poll

12 votes (100%)
No votes (0%)

12 members have voted

Johnt
Johnt
  • Threads: 2
March 26th, 2012 at 9:28:47 PM permalink
So proms coming up and I'm going with this girl. Originally she was going with someone else but he canceled and asked a different girl. She had been trying to get me to ask one of the girls in her group that didn't have a date. I was planning on it then her date jumped ship. So I thought to myself: we've known each other for awhile, she is cute, I felt bad about her date being canceled, and I knew she wouldn't turn me down ( because of who she is not because I'm cocky). So I waited a few days and found a few moments to talk with her alone in art class. I casually brought up the topic of prom setup and asked if I could help... I then snuck in a question about if she was still going and if she still had no date. Then simply said she could go with me if she wanted and she said yes. Didn't make to much of a deal about it either. So now we've got our outfits ordered for the dance. Then today my long time bud told me she was planning on everyone in our group to come to an after party( this I knew) but what I didn't know was she was planning on everyone sleeping over... And I do mean guys and girls but shes the good little church girl so nothing dirty would happen... I think. But then my bud told me when he first heard that I had asked her, he laughed at her, which was expected. Well it ended up with her telling him that maybe I wanted to go with her and not just to go as friends...or something like that. So it might be wishful thinking but maybe I'm not the only one that wants more that two friends going to the prom together. So the question is, if the night goes well, should I ask her out for a real date or just leave as it is? Please leave any comments, questions, and advice below
Toes14
Toes14
  • Threads: 18
March 26th, 2012 at 9:37:08 PM permalink
1. Ask her. Make sure she understands it's a date, not just going as friends. Women find confidence very appealing. So fake the confidence if you have to, but get her to understand that you like her, are attracted to her, and want to be more than just friends.

Then the ball is in her court. She may accept your terms, or say she wants to go as friends, but at least you will know what she's thinking, and can act appropriately.

2. Research the term 'paragraph'. Consider applying that to your writing.
"Bite my Glorious Golden Ass!" - Bender Bending Rodriguez
WongBo
WongBo
  • Threads: 62
March 26th, 2012 at 9:41:42 PM permalink
she must like you in some way if she was encouraging you to ask her friend to go.
now that you have asked her, she knows that you like her better than you like her friend.
perhaps she wants to be friends, perhaps she wants to be more than friends.
maybe the good little church girl is something she does because of parental pressure.
i think you should go with the flow and just read the signs of her body language and conversation.
maybe things will become more clear as the night progresses.
seems like she is contemplating that you like her as more than a friend
In a bet, there is a fool and a thief. - Proverb.
Johnt
Johnt
  • Threads: 2
March 26th, 2012 at 9:48:40 PM permalink
Haha sorry about that I'm usually better about that, but as I'm typing on a touch screen I really don't care too much about paragraphs in post usually. I'll try to remember that.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
March 26th, 2012 at 10:25:23 PM permalink
If it goes well, ask her out. If it doesn't, don't.
Its not brain surgery. You're young, don't build
women up to be something they're not. Most
of them are vain and self centered, even if
they don't seem like it. Women are good actors
if it gets them what they want. Avoid putting
them on a pedestal. You will anyway, most men
are hopeless when it comes to women.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
March 27th, 2012 at 12:14:11 AM permalink
"Confidence, Cohen. Confidence."
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
Wavy70
Wavy70
  • Threads: 15
March 27th, 2012 at 1:13:27 AM permalink
Never underestimate "Good little church girls".
I have a bewitched egg that I use to play VP with and I have net over 900k with it.
ewjones080
ewjones080
  • Threads: 33
March 27th, 2012 at 1:58:05 AM permalink
Seems a little strange an 18 y/o is a member of a gambling forum. Not that it's wrong or something, I first became interested in blackjack and card counting when I was a young teen.

I actually had a similar situation. My friend in high school didn't have a date, so she asked me. I always thought she was gorgeous and wanted to date her, but a year or so before when I asked her out (unfortunately made the cowardly mistake of asking over email) she said no. So when she asked me I was a little surprised, and I told her I didn't want to. I can't remember if I mentioned it to her, but I was definitely thinking it, that I didn't want to go if it wasn't a girlfriend I was going with and there would be no chance of at least a kiss at the end of the night.

Sometimes I regret not going, because maybe she changed her mind and would've wanted to date me, but a lot of times I'm glad we never dated, because we would not have continued dating and not still be friends 8 years later.

I still say ask her, cause you'll always wonder what if, if you don't. I'm not sure where I heard this, or if I came up with it on my own, but I think it's a great quote: "Later in life, in old age, you'll regret more the things you didn't do, than the things you did do"
konceptum
konceptum
  • Threads: 33
March 27th, 2012 at 9:55:03 AM permalink
Remember that dating follows reverse rules of blackjack. Hit anything that's 18 or older, don't hit on 17 or younger.
WongBo
WongBo
  • Threads: 62
March 27th, 2012 at 10:04:58 AM permalink
Quote: konceptum

Remember that dating follows reverse rules of blackjack. Hit anything that's 18 or older, don't hit on 17 or younger.

in some jurisdictions it is perfectly legal to hit 17, 16, 15...
Age of Consent
In a bet, there is a fool and a thief. - Proverb.
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 128
March 27th, 2012 at 10:53:55 AM permalink
Quote: WongBo

in some jurisdictions it is perfectly legal to hit 17, 16, 15...
Age of Consent

But why would you want to, ugh.

Edit - unless you were that age yourself.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 117
March 27th, 2012 at 11:44:30 AM permalink
Quote: Johnt

So proms coming up and I'm going with this girl.

How old are you? Isn't the requirements of being on this site that you are 21 years of age or older??
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
March 27th, 2012 at 12:09:52 PM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde

How old are you? Isn't the requirements of being on this site that you are 21 years of age or older??

No, it isn't. It was, but that rule was removed. The change was discussed, and made because:
1. it's good to learn early, and
2. the gambling age is 18 in many areas (like here in MN...)

It's confusing on the rules page, because the new rules were posted and supersede the old rules but the old rules weren't removed.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 128
March 27th, 2012 at 12:13:16 PM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde

Leave the kid alone.
hook3670
hook3670
  • Threads: 38
March 27th, 2012 at 12:20:29 PM permalink
I started gambling as a high school junior making small time book on games. My parents taught me to count by playing blackjack with me, and it actually worked pretty well. It is never to young to learn the proper way to gamble. Play it by ear, you will know as the night goes whether to ask her out again or not.
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
March 27th, 2012 at 8:08:36 PM permalink
Ask her out, and don't worry about the friend stuff. That will take care of itself.

I remember, in university, pursuing a religious person. She was kind of dating someone else and we had been out a few times and it took a while to get to that first kiss. I went over to her place for dinner and there was a bible discussion. Then, everyone went out and we were left alone. She then told me that she wanted to be friends, and when I accepted that, she proceeded to make out with me.

I don't get women.

Don't try to predict their behaviour.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
March 27th, 2012 at 8:25:15 PM permalink
Kid, I am going to give you two very powerful words which, when employed correctly, will lead to more success than your peers.

Indeed, you should get a custom license plate saying ...

"Just ask."
"What, me worry?"
  • Jump to: