poosmells
poosmells
  • Threads: 8
October 17th, 2011 at 1:33:22 PM permalink
If you severly injure a friend/co-worker while playing tackle football on Thanksgiving morning and make him cry.... do you think that person will be mad at you?
"Stupid people are Stupid and that is Stupid."
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
October 17th, 2011 at 1:41:46 PM permalink
Make him cry? For a grown man over an injury, that is unusual. I guess I have seen it, sort of. Nonetheless he should only be mad at you if it was a cheap shot.

BTW this Thanksgiving the game is going to be good for a change: Green Bay at Detroit ! [3 games, all potentially good]
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
October 17th, 2011 at 3:59:40 PM permalink
Oh, tons of lols on that one. If you make me cry (and not by laughing at your total lack of skills) I hereby state I will become a fan of any sports team of your chosing. Hell, I'll become a Bills AND Sabres fan, and will dress accordingly each and every casual Friday for the remainder of my career.

Yeah, OG, Green Bay/Lions should be a barnburner. I am so pleased by the Lions this year, and I'm not even a "fan". Lions 5-1, 49ers 5-1, Oakland's good, Eagles suck, Colts suck... it's like a parallel universe.

If only I knew a Haitian princess to cast a voodoo curse on that bastard Brady, it'd be a banner year.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
October 17th, 2011 at 4:47:52 PM permalink
Quote: Face

Yeah, OG, Green Bay/Lions should be a barnburner. I am so pleased by the Lions this year, and I'm not even a "fan". Lions 5-1, 49ers 5-1, Oakland's good, Eagles suck, Colts suck... it's like a parallel universe.

Are you sure it isn't? :)

Quote:

If only I knew a Haitian princess to cast a voodoo curse on that bastard Brady, it'd be a banner year.

That wouldn't help. The year Brady didn't play due to injuries, the Pats had an ok year with Cassel under center. You need to take out the general, not the colonel.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
Face
Administrator
Face
October 17th, 2011 at 5:31:51 PM permalink
Quote: Nareed

Are you sure it isn't? :)

Not sure at all, dear Nareed. But it sure is enjoyable ;)

That wouldn't help. The year Brady didn't play due to injuries, the Pats had an ok year with Cassel under center. You need to take out the general, not the colonel.

You assume I hate the Patriots. I actually have no opinion on the orginization and have a hell of a lot of respect for a great many of their players. I said Welker was Hall of Fame when he was wasted as a punt returner for the Dolphins. Seems I may be right. Danny Woodhead? Oh my god. Anyone that small and that white (sorry) that can play RB and succeed gets a thumbs up from me. And their style, ESPECIALLY early 2000's when their team fell apart but they kept on keepin' on with linebackers playing tight end and receivers playing cornerback... I LOVE that kind of stuff. And nothing makes me titter like a 9 year old girl as much as seeing Wilfork truck down the field on an interception return. I can't help but yell "BIG MAN WITH FOOTBALL!!" and jump up and down =D

But Brady? OMG. I can't even get into it. This opinion isn't fit for civilized company, nor is this the Free Speech Zone. (I'm pretty sure I could make the suspension list even in FSZ with my Brady rant...)
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
October 17th, 2011 at 6:06:53 PM permalink
Quote: Face

But Brady? OMG. I can't even get into it. This opinion isn't fit for civilized company, nor is this the Free Speech Zone. (I'm pretty sure I could make the suspension list even in FSZ with my Brady rant...)

I can guess. He's good looking, talented, rich and has a pretty girlfriend or wife (I'm not sure which). Does that sum things up? :)
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
Face
Administrator
Face
October 17th, 2011 at 6:55:23 PM permalink

I can guess. He's good looking, talented, rich and has a pretty girlfriend or wife (I'm not sure which). Does that sum things up? :)

Hehe, supermodel wife, just to be clear ;). But no. I'm not jealous of his talent, I don't envy his wife, I don't care for money, and frankly, I think he looks like a girl. It's not a jealousy thing.

I'll fully admit I have... a thing... for winners. Not winners period, but non-stop, unstoppable winning (Charlie Sheen not included). Jimmie Johnson (NASCAR) bothers the hell out of me, even though I have the utmost respect for him and can't say a sour thing about him. I don't dislike him as a person (I actually rather like him as a person), I'm just tired of seeing him. I think it's my upbringing. I was a huge underdog all my life, so I relate to that, hence my almost orgasmic reaction to this years Lions.

But that's not totally it. Chronic winning only bugs me.

I look at Brady and I see an unmitigated asshole. His cockiness, his arrogance, the enormous chip on his shoulder, I just can't stand it. All athelete's need these traits, but something about this guy almost blinds me with rage. I literally can't think of the words to describe it, my fury blinds my thoughts.

A player gets hurt, and he walks over and stands over them to make sure they're not faking. Beyond disrespectful. In hockey, you would be buried under an avalanche of right/left combo's by half the team, and rightly you should. If anyone dares fart in his general direction, it's an automatic 15yd penalty, and every official can't get their hands on their flags fast enough. Yet Vick can get headbutted 5 times a game and no one bats an eye. I dunno, part of it is intangible. I can't put my finger right on it and say "this is exactly the one reason", I just know whenever I see him, I want him beat, broken, bashed and bloodied. I can't help it.

Maybe I'm gay for him, I dont f***ing know lol. I just know the look on his asshole face after the Bills game was HEAVEN. I wanted to bottle it up, condense and purify it, and just BATHE in it, soak it up like a piece of bread soaks up gravy. I just want to see him cry.

So now that we all know I'm sick in the head, whatcha wanna talk 'bout now? ;)
  • Jump to: