BlackRabbit
BlackRabbit
  • Threads: 1
August 14th, 2011 at 12:08:49 PM permalink
My lover and I have been together for over a year now and during our relationship, there were some misunderstandings between him and I which caused us to break up. During the time of our break-up, he was really upset and his friends (who actually liked me as his girlfriend before) started hating me because of what happened. Long story short, someone confessed to me and he thought that I would be better off with that person and that I liked that person (when I was just trying to avoid breaking the other persons' heart but I should've been straight forward) but I really didn't like him like that. It was my fault and I understand it was. I regret it because I wasn't straight forward enough to tell the other guy that I didn't like him that way.

He seems to take his friends as if they were his family, so I really don't know what to do. He wouldn't let me say anything romantic or anything around them and it's like we're not even dating - they don't even know that we got back together.

So, my question is: Should I try to regain their trust in me as his girlfriend again? Or should I just leave it like it is now?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
August 14th, 2011 at 12:16:40 PM permalink
Quote: BlackRabbit

My lover and I have been together for over a year now and during our relationship, there were some misunderstandings between him and I which caused us to break up. During the time of our break-up, he was really upset and his friends (who actually liked me as his girlfriend before) started hating me because of what happened. Long story short, someone confessed to me and he thought that I would be better off with that person and that I liked that person (when I was just trying to avoid breaking the other persons' heart but I should've been straight forward) but I really didn't like him like that. It was my fault and I understand it was. I regret it because I wasn't straight forward enough to tell the other guy that I didn't like him that way.

He seems to take his friends as if they were his family, so I really don't know what to do. He wouldn't let me say anything romantic or anything around them and it's like we're not even dating - they don't even know that we got back together.

So, my question is: Should I try to regain their trust in me as his girlfriend again? Or should I just leave it like it is now?

Leave it alone and find someone new. If you go back to him I can see you having a lifetime on-again-off-again thing that destroys your personal life to the point it will even affect your employment. And god forbid after the first unplanned child arrives. And it will arrive as sure as the sun will come up.

Know when to cut your losses and moveon.org.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
August 14th, 2011 at 1:33:45 PM permalink
I have to congratulate you and the last woman on your English. Word got out I bet. Unfortunately I still can't make heads or tails of what you are saying.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
BlackRabbit
BlackRabbit
  • Threads: 1
August 14th, 2011 at 6:16:49 PM permalink
Thank you for your advice AZDuffman!
  • Jump to: