Used2bsane
Used2bsane
  • Threads: 1
April 4th, 2021 at 6:23:52 PM permalink
Sorry I'm new to forms as this is my first post EVER to one so I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this but, What are the odds of someone in a 9 person table of hold em getting pocket kings twice in a row?
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
April 4th, 2021 at 6:47:48 PM permalink
Quote: Used2bsane

Sorry I'm new to forms as this is my first post EVER to one so I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this but, What are the odds of someone in a 9 person table of hold em getting pocket kings twice in a row?

If you are talking about a SPECIFIC person getting it it is 1 in 48,841. If you are talking about ANY person getting it is approximately 9 times as likely (not exactly).
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
  • Threads: 167
April 5th, 2021 at 3:58:59 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

If you are talking about a SPECIFIC person getting it it is 1 in 48,841. If you are talking about ANY person getting it is approximately 9 times as likely (not exactly).

Would this apply to any pocket pair? Deuces or Aces?
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 117
April 5th, 2021 at 6:23:26 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Keep in mind that both of these also apply only to two specific hands - for example, the probability that, in the next two hands, somebody will have pocket Kings both times is about 1 in 221. The probability that it will happen at some point in a session depends on the number of hands played.

If somebody is dealt pocket Kings, the probability that the same person will be dealt Kings again in the next hand is 1 in 221. (And yes, this applies to any specified pair.)
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
April 5th, 2021 at 6:40:27 AM permalink
Quote: ThatDonGuy

Keep in mind that both of these also apply only to two specific hands - for example, the probability that, in the next two hands, somebody will have pocket Kings both times is about 1 in 221. The probability that it will happen at some point in a session depends on the number of hands played.

If somebody is dealt pocket Kings, the probability that the same person will be dealt Kings again in the next hand is 1 in 221. (And yes, this applies to any specified pair.)

Correct. Another way to phrase it is ‘before any cards are dealt, the odds of a specific player being dealt a predetermined pair is 1/221. This the odds of him being dealt that specific pair twice in a row is 1/221 x 1/221, or 1/48841.’
  • Jump to: