DonMartin35
DonMartin35
  • Threads: 1
March 12th, 2017 at 12:10:52 PM permalink
When,does a wrong bettor "seven out"?
A right bettor "sevens out" after throwing a seven after established a point and have to pass the dice.
But how does a wrong bettor "seven out" and have to pass the dice? By throwing a seven and winning or trowing the point and losing?
Thankful for an answer.
WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
  • Threads: 105
Thanked by
DonMartin35
March 12th, 2017 at 12:48:15 PM permalink
Quote: DonMartin35

When,does a wrong bettor "seven out"?
A right bettor "sevens out" after throwing a seven after established a point and have to pass the dice.
But how does a wrong bettor "seven out" and have to pass the dice? By throwing a seven and winning or trowing the point and losing?
Thankful for an answer.

Each new shooter is independent from the previous. It doesnt matter whether you play the pass or dont pass.... if the point established is made, then the shooter keeps shooting. If the point is not made, the shooter passes the dice.
'Winners hit n run... Losers stick around'
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
Thanked by
DonMartin35
March 12th, 2017 at 12:49:20 PM permalink
Quote: DonMartin35

A right bettor "sevens out" after throwing a seven
But how does a wrong bettor "seven out"

Its simple. Stick calls do NOT vary. Even if there is only one player at the table and he is betting against the dice, the calls and the rules still are the same.

A Wrong Way bettor may be ecstatic to have rolled a Seven, but the Calls and Terminology is still from the point of view of the Right Way Bettors even if at the moment there are no other players and the right way bets are mythical.
BlueEagle
BlueEagle
  • Threads: 5
Thanked by
DonMartin35
March 12th, 2017 at 1:33:15 PM permalink
To help clarify what the others have said: If the shooter is playing Don't Pass, establishes a point and then rolls the point, the Don't Pass bet loses but the shooter keeps the dice and rolls again. If the shooter playing Don't Pass establishes a point and then rolls a seven, the Don't Pass bet wins but the dice are passed to the next shooter.
charliepatrick
charliepatrick
  • Threads: 39
Thanked by
DonMartin35
March 12th, 2017 at 3:34:49 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

... Stick calls do NOT vary...

I've played the don'ts on my own a few times and as I was shooting the stick man replaced it with "no 4" or similar. Also he didn't mind passing me the dice with a 7 showing. I can't remember what happened but I recall there was a whole table betting Don'ts at the Victoria many years ago.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
Thanked by
DonMartin35
March 12th, 2017 at 4:03:26 PM permalink
He was a poor stickman then.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
Thanked by
DonMartin35
March 12th, 2017 at 5:44:26 PM permalink
Part of the stickman and other dealers' job is to make the game more fun and all that. "Technically" he's not supposed to do that (unless requested then he can if he wants), but I think that's stupid and he should do whatever he wants as long as it's nothing wrong and helps make the game more fun for players.

@OP: Doesn't matter what side you're betting, if you establish a point and then throw a 7, the dice are passed to the next player.
  • Jump to: