AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
December 22nd, 2013 at 3:22:13 PM permalink
I need a few ideas for a "new baby time capsule" gift. The backstory is that when my brother's first child was born I saved the local daily newspapers from the same date. I taped them in a box and put "Do not open until 2033" to coincide with her 21st birthday. Well after I gave it I get a thank-you note from my sister-in-law for the "time capsule." My reaction to myself is that if I had known that it would be received that well I would have put more effort into it. I just wrapped it that way because I had bought a nice gift and the papers were merely a kind of "I thought I would save them for you" gift.

This time instead of the nice regular gift and save the papers I plan to just do a nicer time capsule. But I need a few ideas of small items to put into it. Labor will be induced so I know Dec 27. I will put the local papers, Time magazine for the week and probably the Wall Street Journal inside. But I need a few other ideas as after periodicals I am kind of at a loss.

I need some ideas with the following parametrers:

1. No booze. Just not what I want to do
2. Relatively small items. It will be a small box, not a trunk or anything.
3. Whatever it is needs to be nonperishable over 20-25 years.

So, any ideas?
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
December 22nd, 2013 at 3:53:32 PM permalink
Cell phone, pager/beeper, iPod, old camera, unique coins and bills like Lincoln pennies or silver certificates, family photos showing cars , home and surrounding neighborhood, grocery store receipts, ads for electronics and appliances, bus pass, subway token, toll receipts.

They'll never believe that the toll for the GW Bridge was only $13!
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
  • Jump to: