Thread Rating:

MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 310
November 27th, 2011 at 3:09:31 PM permalink
Just as there is no positive expectation in craps, so is there no God in this world.

We're it, baby.

Works for me.

see ... PennJillette
"What, me worry?"
FrGamble
FrGamble
  • Threads: 27
November 27th, 2011 at 3:31:12 PM permalink
Yes there is a God.

There is so much more to this world than what we see or know.

Works for me at least.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 217
November 27th, 2011 at 3:35:46 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

Just as there is no positive expectation in craps, so is there no God in this world.

We're it, baby.

Works for me.

The world is flat! If you try to drive beyond the horizon you will fall off. Works for me!

But when you get the chance, please explain how the universe was created if you can neither create nor destroy matter.
Tolerance is the virtue of believing in nothing
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
November 27th, 2011 at 3:42:38 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

The world is flat! If you try to drive beyond the horizon you will fall off. Works for me!

But when you get the chance, please explain how the universe was created if you can neither create nor destroy matter.

(snip my answer)

And I just noticed which area this thread is in... I need to unsubscribe(*) myself from this section to avoid a round of cyclical arguments we've already had several times before, and remember the 5 rules of being on the internet.

(*) Which I can't, I know.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
November 27th, 2011 at 4:43:59 PM permalink
deleted
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 421
November 27th, 2011 at 4:57:01 PM permalink
This whole thing is getting stupid. If everybody wants
to discuss religion so much, go to a Bible forum.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
MrV
MrV
November 27th, 2011 at 6:49:02 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

That isn't the point.

I don't claim to KNOW how the universe, or more likely, the multiverses came into existence, but I put more weight in string theory than I would in the Catholic Church.

Really, this popular notion of a white bearded "god" sending his "son" to earth(if Jesus was really god's son before he came to earth, then who was god's Old Lady?), only to be crucified for "our sins," whatever the hell that means, is beyond absurd.

Almost as stupid as the notion of an afterlife.
"What, me worry?"
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 158
November 27th, 2011 at 7:06:47 PM permalink
Quote:

News in Brief
God Loses Decision-Making Coin

HEAVEN–God confirmed that He has misplaced His special decision-making coin. "I have no idea where I put it," a visibly distraught God said of the coin, which He has used for more than four billion years to determine everything from the direction of breezes to genocides. "I remember flipping it last night for [Monroe, MI, couple Mark and Patti Brenton's] attempt at conception, but I haven't seen it since." God said He hopes to locate the coin

That should be enough proof there is somebody in charge.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/god-loses-decisionmaking-coin,3639/
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
November 27th, 2011 at 7:34:40 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

(if Jesus was really god's son before he came to earth, then who was god's Old Lady?)

If you want to talk Mormonism then that's a whole other can of worms.
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
MrV
MrV
November 27th, 2011 at 8:09:56 PM permalink
Quote: s2dbaker

If you want to talk Mormonism then that's a whole other can of worms.

I'll give Mormons credit for watching out for one another, i.e. having and implementing true charity, but that's about it.

Their theology is a whacked out as the Scientologists.
"What, me worry?"

• Jump to: