rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
October 21st, 2021 at 9:50:16 AM permalink
While I think it's great tribes get gaming licenses, what numbnuts prefers a profitable business in your state being non-competitive for everyone else? Did they ever resolve that Dotty's issue? I'm not saying the tribes are any worse than Vegas monopolies or Superstores trying to legislate out competition instead of competing against it. Just noting it.

Quote:

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – The Seminole Tribe has been pushing back in the courts against lawsuits challenging the tribe’s new compact with the state and now it’s using the airwaves to fight against citizen initiatives seeking to expand gaming beyond tribal lands.

So far the tribe’s efforts have been successful in keeping its exclusive rights to gambling in Florida.

“Watch out Florida,” a new ad backed by the Seminole Tribe begins.

The tribe has pumped $10 million into the new ad campaign airing across the state.

“Don’t sign the gambling petitions,” said the narrator in the video, referencing three citizen initiatives that would expand gambling off tribal lands.

But Christina Johnson with Florida Education Champions, the group backing an initiative to legalize sports betting, argued the tribe’s message is hypocritical because the Tribe supported Amendment 3 in 2018, which gave voters ultimate control over gambling in Florida.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/florida/2021/10/20/seminole-tribe-pushes-dont-sign-petition-message-for-gambling-initiatives-to-keep-exclusivity/
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
DeMango
DeMango
  • Threads: 36
October 21st, 2021 at 10:14:02 AM permalink
So who knows when the real craps tables open?
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
October 21st, 2021 at 10:19:00 AM permalink
Btw, there is a petition online for the group opposing mentioned, but you need to be a registered voter of Florida.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
Thanked by
Joeman
October 21st, 2021 at 10:28:13 AM permalink
The ba$i$ of all opinion$ on thi$ one i$ exactly what I would expect it to be from all partie$ involved.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
  • Jump to: