Boz
Boz
Joined: Sep 22, 2011
  • Threads: 151
  • Posts: 4801
March 13th, 2014 at 10:57:52 AM permalink
http://www.nj.gov/oag/ge/docs/Financials/PressRel2014/february2014pressrelease.pdf

http://www.nj.gov/oag/ge/docs/Financials/MGR2014/201402revenue.pdf

Hard to find any positives out of these results. It appears many of the former Atlantic Club players have moved to Golden Nugget. Revel still has the 2nd lowest Slot Revenue behind the perhaps still open Trump Plaza. Revel does show better Table Games results.

Again the question has to be asked, who would enter this market?
Rent this space for only $9.95 a month.
BleedingChipsSlowly
BleedingChipsSlowly
Joined: Jul 9, 2010
  • Threads: 16
  • Posts: 828
March 13th, 2014 at 4:07:17 PM permalink
Some lowlights from the past year.

Month
Casino
Game
$Loss
%Loss
Apr-13
Borgata Bacccarat
($391,196)
-87.6%
Oct-13
Borgata Bacccarat
($86,550)
-39.2%
Apr-13
Golden Nugget $100 Slot Machines
($115,066)
-69.9%
Nov-13
Golden Nugget $100 Slot Machines
($151,000)
-27.4%
Jul-13
Tropicana Blackjack
($310,973)
-2.1%
Aug-13
Tropicana Blackjack
($882,843)
-4.2%
Oct-13
Tropicana Craps
($3,594,725)
-51.5%
Nov-13
Tropicana Minibaccarat
($642,794)
-11.7%

NJ Casino 2013 Ass-Kickings


How about that $3.6-mil thrashing at the Tropicana craps tables? What do you figure, DI convention? ;->

Monthly Gross Revenue Reports

Edit: added link to data source
“You don’t bring a bone saw to a negotiation.” - Robert Jordan, former U.S. ambassador to Saudi Arabia
Mission146
Mission146
Joined: May 15, 2012
  • Threads: 118
  • Posts: 11654
March 14th, 2014 at 7:18:10 AM permalink
Quote: Boz

http://www.nj.gov/oag/ge/docs/Financials/PressRel2014/february2014pressrelease.pdf

http://www.nj.gov/oag/ge/docs/Financials/MGR2014/201402revenue.pdf

Hard to find any positives out of these results. It appears many of the former Atlantic Club players have moved to Golden Nugget. Revel still has the 2nd lowest Slot Revenue behind the perhaps still open Trump Plaza. Revel does show better Table Games results.

Again the question has to be asked, who would enter this market?



People don't seem to think Trump Plaza is open to the public, maybe that can be their advertising campaign, "Trump Plaza-Now Open to Public and Easier to Find Casino Floor than Revel!"

Golden Nugget marketed brilliantly to the former Atlantic Club players, not only matching their previous AC status immediately, but also giving them their status plus one tier. I believe they were doing that for all of the other casinos, too, but they really capitalized on that AC closure.

You'll also notice how well Tropicana performed (Slots +19.3% Tables +25.9%), they're basically the natural move for many Atlantic Club players, at least those than GNAC didn't take, but also keep in mind that they acquired all of those slots/tables from Atlantic Club when Atlantic Club closed, so I think that the 'new' slots certainly helped the revenue and generated interest.
Vultures can't be choosers.
wudged
wudged
Joined: Aug 7, 2013
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 997
March 14th, 2014 at 8:07:50 AM permalink
Quote: Mission146

People don't seem to think Trump Plaza is open to the public, maybe that can be their advertising campaign, "Trump Plaza-Now Open to Public and Easier to Find Casino Floor than Revel!"



I don't know about that. Maybe if Trump Plaza installs a few fog horns inside people could find the casino floor.
FatGeezus
FatGeezus
Joined: Jun 12, 2010
  • Threads: 7
  • Posts: 469
March 14th, 2014 at 10:31:16 AM permalink
The Golden Nugget has a very good reason to visit.

They have free parking thru the end of May.
***If the GN can offer free parking, why can't other casinos?***

The GN is also offering $5 lunch buffets and $10 dinner buffets to patrons that are 55 years or older and earn 10 Tier points. This offering is good on Tues and Thurs.
***That beats the $24.99 lunch buffet and $34.99 dinner buffet at Caesars!***
wudged
wudged
Joined: Aug 7, 2013
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 997
March 14th, 2014 at 10:44:38 AM permalink
Quote: FatGeezus

They have free parking thru the end of May.
***If the GN can offer free parking, why can't other casinos?***



I don't know why during the winter, but in warmer months it's so beach-goers / outlet shoppers don't take up all the parking spots without giving any money to the casino.

I don't really have any valid reason for Borgata/Harrah's other than they are "elite" properties.

  • Jump to: