Thread Rating:

HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 117
July 18th, 2012 at 9:32:02 PM permalink
Well I had the privilege of reading through this thread. Glad you guys had fun! And it was nice to put faces to handles.

I noticed a picture of the Heart Attack Grill. But unless I overlooked something, it didn't seem that there was anything written about it. Did you guys actually go there? I've heard of the Heart Attack Grill on television and such but didn't realize it was in Las Vegas. I would like to check the place out for its uniqueness.

I would like to possibly come out for the 3rd anniversary. WoV Con ]I[, if I did that right. It all depends cuz I may be out there at the end of May/beginning of June next year as my father may be coming out for a visit with his girlfriend, his first trip ever to Vegas. He's not a gambler but I know he wants to hit up the pawn shop from the tv show Pawn Stars. I'm actually going to start up a new thread asking for advice for that trip. But even though I will likely be out there during that time, I will want to spend most of the time with my dad, but the thing is he is not really social and is kinda shy and awkward around people he doesn't know. So even if I'm out there I can try to bring my dad and his girlfriend along but not sure how that's gonna work.

Anyway, sounds like fun. I'm sure I would've had fun with you guys had I gone.
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 46
July 19th, 2012 at 6:40:35 AM permalink
No, HB, we did not go to Heart Attack Grill. I could feel my arteries getting clogged as we walked by the place on the way to and from El Cortez. I posted the photo because the place had been mentioned in discussions here and because there had been comments about possible eating contests during WoVCon meetings. To the best of my knowledge, the only WoV eating contest that actually came to fruition was when SOOPOO's son made a valiant attempt to meet an outrageous challenge.

As for the grill, if you do "check out the place", I suggest it be with your eyes and not involve consumption of the goods. In spite of all of the conflicting viewpoints in the thread addressing your own challenge, I don't think anyone here would wish to hear about your falling that far off the wagon after how much you have accomplished (and will continue to!) Best wishes on that adventure, and I hope the spinal issues work out well and soon.

As for WoVCon]I[, I can't remember what the last comments were. I haven't heard of anyone other than Nareed volunteering to do any of the planning, and we don't seem to get very serious about such things until a couple of months before the event. Please do come to the next one, and I hope I can make it again myself. I will miss your big event in October because I have plans to be traveling in the opposite geographic direction.
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
July 19th, 2012 at 7:10:52 AM permalink
Quote: Doc

As for the grill, if you do "check out the place", I suggest it be with your eyes and not involve consumption of the goods.

There was also a report of meat stored at improper temperatures. I'd be more worried about that. You can burn off calories. Getting rid of increasingly drug-resistant bacteria is another matter, if it can be done at all.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
July 19th, 2012 at 10:26:56 AM permalink
Haha, maybe I should have my final weigh in there! And then indulge there right afterwards. Hmmm... that's an idea. Maybe the Heart Attack Grill will host my final weigh-in. I'm not joking! Could be a publicity thing for them........
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
  • Threads: 112
July 19th, 2012 at 10:56:08 AM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde

Haha, maybe I should have my final weigh in there! And then indulge there right afterwards. Hmmm... that's an idea. Maybe the Heart Attack Grill will host my final weigh-in. I'm not joking! Could be a publicity thing for them........

I thought right after the weigh-in we were going to meet at the wedding chapel. OH NO are you gonna leave me at the altar with a broken heart? thanks heaven I have not mailed out the wedding invitation yet. SIGH
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
July 19th, 2012 at 11:00:29 AM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde

Regardless of the final venue, the Heart Attack Grill has a scale outside, with a big LED display on top. It's a cargo scale, actually, but it works. So it would be nice to have your weight in large red numbers.

They could use good publicity, too. What would the angle be? The perfect place to celebrate the end of your diet ("I missed eating real food!")? Or something else?
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
July 19th, 2012 at 1:41:39 PM permalink
Quote: buzzpaff

I thought right after the weigh-in we were going to meet at the wedding chapel. OH NO are you gonna leave me at the altar with a broken heart? thanks heaven I have not mailed out the wedding invitation yet. SIGH

buzz, you're actually coming to my weigh in?

Quote: Nareed

Regardless of the final venue, the Heart Attack Grill has a scale outside, with a big LED display on top. It's a cargo scale, actually, but it works. So it would be nice to have your weight in large red numbers.

They could use good publicity, too. What would the angle be? The perfect place to celebrate the end of your diet ("I missed eating real food!")? Or something else?

I'm not sure what the angle would be. I need a publicist, lol.

Maybe they could host the weigh in and then let me eat there for free right after. I like that idea. If anyone's down to contact them let me know.
  • Jump to: