NicksGamingStuff
NicksGamingStuff
  • Threads: 50
September 9th, 2011 at 2:43:55 AM permalink
I saw some Mormons today at subway. I had no idea there were Spanish speaking ones, their name tag said something like Iglesia de Jesus cristo de Santos later if they had eaten there I would have talked to them for info for this forum. One guy was probably Mexican and he was maybe 16 and the other one was some white guy maybe 21 who spoke amazing Spanish as I heard him talk on a cell phone.
Tiltpoul
Tiltpoul
  • Threads: 32
September 9th, 2011 at 4:48:50 AM permalink
Quote: NicksGamingStuff

I saw some Mormons today at subway. I had no idea there were Spanish speaking ones, their name tag said something like Iglesia de Jesus cristo de Santos later if they had eaten there I would have talked to them for info for this forum. One guy was probably Mexican and he was maybe 16 and the other one was some white guy maybe 21 who spoke amazing Spanish as I heard him talk on a cell phone.

The Church of LDS is one of the fastest growing religious communities in the world. A lot of that has to do with the last Elder in charge, whose personal goal it was to have something like 500 temples built by 2000. This required a lot of recruiting across the world. Now, nearly every major city (and a TON of odd places) in America has a temple and there's one in nearly every country as well.

By the way, Temples are totally different from worship houses. I used to live near a Worship house, and from my understanding, more of the day-to-day rituals occur in these buildings that resemble traditional churches. I rarely saw people attend, of course, this was 10 years ago. A lot has changed since then.
"One out of every four people are [morons]"- Kyle, South Park
  • Jump to: