pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
April 16th, 2011 at 8:10:17 AM permalink
I watched the premier back to back episodes of the new ABC sitcom "Happy Endings".

It feature 6 friends Dave (32) , Alex (28) , Jane (30?) , Max (30) , Penny(30) , Brad (29), 3 guys and 3 girls who are hopelessly devoted to each other. And the gay guy is (wait for it) a little chubby, a slob, and likes to sit around and watch sports on television munching on fattening snacks (shocker!). He also seems to have a seriously dysfunctional gaydar as he gives out his phone number to a straight guy. The black guy is (wait for it) a bit stiff and a workaholic. His wife is a ditzy blond white girl (at least they kept the standard blonde). The newest trend is to have an interracial couple and not to in any way overtly talk about it. And they hang out in a coffee shop.

I am sure that it will be very different than Rachel (26), Monica (30), Phoebe (31), Joey (27), Chandler (25),and Ross (28) .
FarFromVegas
FarFromVegas
  • Threads: 7
April 16th, 2011 at 8:34:36 AM permalink
Quote: pacomartin

I watched the premier back to back episodes of the new ABC sitcom "Happy Endings".

It feature 6 friends Dave (32) , Alex (28) , Jane (30?) , Max (30) , Penny(30) , Brad (29), 3 guys and 3 girls who are hopelessly devoted to each other. And the gay guy is (wait for it) a little chubby, a slob, and likes to sit around and watch sports on television munching on fattening snacks (shocker!). He also seems to have a seriously dysfunctional gaydar as he gives out his phone number to a straight guy. The black guy is (wait for it) a bit stiff and a workaholic. His wife is a ditzy blond white girl (at least they kept the standard blonde). The newest trend is to have an interracial couple and not to in any way overtly talk about it. And they hang out in a coffee shop.

I am sure that it will be very different than Rachel (26), Monica (30), Phoebe (31), Joey (27), Chandler (25),and Ross (28) .

It won't be very different in one respect--I won't watch it, either.
Each of us is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts. Preparing for a fight about your bad decision is not as smart as making a good decision.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
April 16th, 2011 at 9:31:11 AM permalink
Sounds like it will last 6-8 weeks and go bye-bye.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
  • Jump to: